January 20, 2019, 02:20:23 AM

Author Topic: Who should be Captain  (Read 1443 times)

January 05, 2019, 03:43:26 AM
Reply #15

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
This isn't going to go down well, but I think a natural captain for us would be Mccarthy. I'm personally hoping he comes back and has a good injury free run, I get that most think he's litter but I actually rate him and think he'll improve our midfield when he returns for 2 to 3 games before getting sidelined again!!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Haha. Good one.

January 05, 2019, 03:52:02 AM
Reply #16

Martip

This isn't going to go down well, but I think a natural captain for us would be Mccarthy. I'm personally hoping he comes back and has a good injury free run, I get that most think he's litter but I actually rate him and think he'll improve our midfield when he returns for 2 to 3 games before getting sidelined again!!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app
If ever there was an example of why you should stay away from class a drugs it's this post.

January 05, 2019, 04:32:41 AM
Reply #17

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Canít wait to see the back of him.

January 05, 2019, 05:02:22 AM
Reply #18

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I have no issues with Mc Carthy he's a decent player who is ridiculously injury prone but he's not a player for Everton in 2019

January 05, 2019, 05:50:11 AM
Reply #19

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Tom Davies.
My momma says I'm special.

January 05, 2019, 05:56:23 AM
Reply #20

bluestevie

If ever there was an example of why you should stay away from class a drugs it's this post.

Says the guy who, in the transfer thread, thinks selling Pickford for £50m, replacing him with a United understudy and spending the £50m on a largely unknown midfielder is a great idea
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

January 05, 2019, 07:02:21 AM
Reply #21

Ross

Tom Davies.

Donít give him a ďfree passĒ!

Personally Iíd go for Theo Walcott. At least with an armband on him you could spot the bugger somewhere on the pitch.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 07:04:11 AM by Ross »
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 05, 2019, 07:19:02 AM
Reply #22

Dr. Sponge

We donít have any other options that stand out, so stick with Coleman.

I wonder if Keane is vocal or not. Couldnít have Mina as our leader and captain, he cheats too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

January 05, 2019, 11:50:57 AM
Reply #23

blue1948

January 05, 2019, 12:12:33 PM
Reply #24

Ramjam

Pickford is the only leader in the team, yes his form has dipped but he is a big personality that will give his all for the club and to the opening post Robber you are 100% about Neville, he was a fuckin donkey and still is.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 05, 2019, 12:45:40 PM
Reply #25

Juanito

I donít see the point in giving it to players who are not out  of their adolescence. Davies, Pickford barely is. I also think it was a good point on Phil Neville. People didnít like him but he would attempt to raise our team and morale, visibly. I donít see anyone doing that now.  We also donít seem to have anyone who can turn a game with his blood and thunder like challenge against Ronaldo.

Coleman seems to be too concerned with his own performance and the awareness of his decreasing dynamism.  Keane seems an ok shout. He has improved dramatically and should only get better and more influential.

January 05, 2019, 01:04:05 PM
Reply #26

TSGun

I can understand we're judging the on field performance and personality of individuals for the basis of selecting a captain but surely there's a tad more to it than that.

The off field qualities, which are unknown to most if not all of us, are equally important are they not? The consummate professional, the role model, the listener, the arbitrator, the passionately driven, the friend, the thinker, the tactician, the self sacrificial...etc

January 05, 2019, 01:07:43 PM
Reply #27

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

January 05, 2019, 04:54:51 PM
Reply #28

Mac934

Mina for me, you watch him, he is always talking and giving verbals. Ok he is not the finished article yet. But he has the 'bite'  maybe needed to push other players on. And his off-field attidude appears second to none.
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one!

January 05, 2019, 05:07:11 PM
Reply #29

blue1948