November 13, 2019, 11:17:06 AM

Author Topic: Who should be Captain  (Read 2528 times)

January 05, 2019, 05:52:35 PM
Reply #30

farnhamtoffee

If we sign Gomez on a permanent deal,i would prefer him as captain than anyone else.

January 05, 2019, 06:54:34 PM
Reply #31

SANA_DR0

sad state of affairs we have no obvious player who is captain material.,, we used to have plenty of players who were captain material only a few seasons back. I'd probably give it to Gana.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

January 05, 2019, 07:06:14 PM
Reply #32

mikey_blue

Zouma. Once we sign him.

January 06, 2019, 04:49:38 PM
Reply #33

Lxxx

Digne looks to have a mouth on him, never stops working and is close to being our most important player. If your captain is showing you how itís done on the pitch and digs you out for not matching his effort then that works for me.

January 06, 2019, 04:59:27 PM
Reply #34

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Not that long ago everyone was saying it has to be Coleman, noone else, simply Coleman
Simply simply lovely

January 06, 2019, 05:22:02 PM
Reply #35

Lxxx

Not that long ago everyone was saying it has to be Coleman, noone else, simply Coleman

Until Colemanís return showed us heís no longer an automatic choice in the team.

January 06, 2019, 05:26:06 PM
Reply #36

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Until Coleman's return showed us he's no longer an automatic choice in the team.
Is there an argument that its form or have the masses decided he's finished?
Simply simply lovely

January 06, 2019, 05:30:14 PM
Reply #37

NickNack

Way too soon to say heís finished IMO

January 06, 2019, 05:35:16 PM
Reply #38

boothill

I wouldnt have pickford anywhere near the captaincy, he needs to just concentrate on ironing out his lapses in concentration and become a good keeper

Sent from my FLOW_5 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 06, 2019, 05:39:14 PM
Reply #39

Alanvideo

Coleman isn't finished but the introduction of Digne ,at the expense of the excellent Baines , shows how much of an improvement can be made in specific positions.
I don't think Kenny is quite there and I expect to see Coleman back in for Bournemouth.
We are special ,we are Everton.

January 06, 2019, 05:42:19 PM
Reply #40

boothill

I don't see the point in giving it to players who are not out  of their adolescence. Davies, Pickford barely is. I also think it was a good point on Phil Neville. People didn't like him but he would attempt to raise our team and morale, visibly. I don't see anyone doing that now.  We also don't seem to have anyone who can turn a game with his blood and thunder like challenge against Ronaldo.

Coleman seems to be too concerned with his own performance and the awareness of his decreasing dynamism.  Keane seems an ok shout. He has improved dramatically and should only get better and more influential.
Phil Neville was a very good captain,  we've had no drive or direction since he left.  Didnt hide, shirk or take any prisoners. Would just like one of our current players to show an ounce of his leadership skills,  we wouldnt be getting bullied as much by opposing teams

January 06, 2019, 05:45:54 PM
Reply #41

Lxxx

Quite possibly. In which case we should wait and see before nailing our captains colours to any particular mast.

Iíd love for him to regain his old form but an injury like that can take itís toll mentally as well as physically.

January 06, 2019, 05:58:20 PM
Reply #42

Martip

Quite possibly. In which case we should wait and see before nailing our captains colours to any particular mast.

Iíd love for him to regain his old form but an injury like that can take itís toll mentally as well as physically.
I think the problem is that his game was based around fitness and getting up and down his side of the pitch as he was never the most cultured player but the injuries have take their toll unfortunately.

January 06, 2019, 06:06:14 PM
Reply #43

Lxxx

His biggest problem is Digne coming in and showing us what a young dynamic full back looks like again. The contrast between the two has highlighted where heís at currently and what we should be aspiring to again on both flanks.

January 06, 2019, 06:20:14 PM
Reply #44

Mac934

Phil Neville was a very good captain,  we've had no drive or direction since he left.  Didnt hide, shirk or take any prisoners. Would just like one of our current players to show an ounce of his leadership skills,  we wouldnt be getting bullied as much by opposing teams

d Rooney was also a good Captain, led from the front, unfortunately he led from the back, sides, top and bottom also. We don't have anyone in the mould of, Labone, Ball, Kendall, Lyons and Ratcliffe for example in the squad nowadays. All true leaders.