January 20, 2019, 03:07:23 AM

Author Topic: Real after Pickford  (Read 2782 times)

January 05, 2019, 05:35:56 AM
Reply #15

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
50m is almost that ndombele money so yeah if that's the sort of player we spent it on ! He for example would a much bigger upgrade than pickford would be a loss imo.

Be mad if we replaced Pickford with ndombele like.

January 05, 2019, 05:45:34 AM
Reply #16

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
50m is almost that ndombele money so yeah if that's the sort of player we spent it on ! He for example would a much bigger upgrade than pickford would be a loss imo.

Replace our only goalie who isn't an absolute bag of shit with a midfielder?  Are you planning on putting Jags in goals?
My momma says I'm special.

January 05, 2019, 05:46:29 AM
Reply #17

gizzblue

For 50m ? That would make him the 2nd most expensive ever wouldn't it ? He's nowhere near that quality.

Hope it wouldn't both the shite's keeper and chelski keeper were both well over that price .
Born not made a blue .

January 05, 2019, 05:49:48 AM
Reply #18

Martip

Replace our only goalie who isn't an absolute bag of shit with a midfielder?  Are you planning on putting Jags in goals?
Nah get someone in on the cheap....someone like Utds no 2 Romero. We d hardly notice a difference in goalkeeping quality but would with the extra quality in midfield.

January 05, 2019, 05:51:05 AM
Reply #19

Martip

Hope it wouldn't both the shite's keeper and chelski keeper were both well over that price .
Sorry 3rd then.

January 05, 2019, 05:53:08 AM
Reply #20

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Hardly notice a difference in quality between 2 players one who's being linked with 1 of the top 2 club s in the world for 50m and one un-named player valued at peanuts?

January 05, 2019, 05:59:13 AM
Reply #21

gizzblue

Talk about the small time mentality staying with some fans ....it's not about money anymore ....the sell to buy days are over lads......

If Ndombele was available and we wanted him ...moshi would stump up the cash ....without selling Pickford (who's still only young and only improving ) don't see why some want him out already ... ffs has saved our arses way more than the two points he cost us v the shite .
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 06:02:00 AM by gizzblue »
Born not made a blue .

January 05, 2019, 05:59:58 AM
Reply #22

Martip

Hardly notice a difference in quality between 2 players one who's being linked with 1 of the top 2 club s in the world for 50m and one un-named player valued at peanuts?
The unnamed player who has 100 odd caps for Argentina? I honestly don't think we d notice much difference game to game....pickford fucks up.more than he saves us.

I know a lot of you guys like pickford and fair dos but he's vastly overated imo.

January 05, 2019, 06:03:25 AM
Reply #23

Martip

Talk about the small time mentality staying with some fans ....it's not about money anymore ....the sell to buy days are over lads......

If Ndombele was available and we wanted him ...moshi would stump up the cash ....without selling Pickford (who's still only young and only improving ) don't see why some want him out already ... ffs has saved out arses way more than the two points he cost us v the shite .
we don't have an endless supply of money though and we need to be realistic. Like any business if someone offers more for one of our assets than it's worth to us then we djouldcsell surely.

January 05, 2019, 06:07:01 AM
Reply #24

gizzblue

we don't have an endless supply of money though and we need to be realistic. Like any business if someone offers more for one of our assets than it's worth to us then we djouldcsell surely.

Thankfully you don't get to chose who goes and stays  :thumbsup:
Born not made a blue .

January 05, 2019, 06:08:29 AM
Reply #25

Martip

Thankfully you don't get to chose who goes and stays  :thumbsup:
Couldn't have done any worse than the previous decision makers  nod

January 05, 2019, 06:09:38 AM
Reply #26

Fynci

Comedic last page. Pickford for Romero is comedy gold.

January 05, 2019, 06:10:37 AM
Reply #27

Martip

Comedic last page. Pickford for Romero is comedy gold.
You forgot to add the context but hey ho

January 05, 2019, 06:17:17 AM
Reply #28

Mayor Farnum

If Ndombele was available and we wanted him ...moshi would stump up the cash ....without selling Pickford (who's still only young and only improving ) don't see why some want him out already ... ffs has saved our arses way more than the two points he cost us v the shite .

Not entirely about money but it will always be a consideration. However, maybe it's a chance to move on a player that's maybe not a reliable as was first thought; who plays in a position that is almost exclusively about reliability.

January 05, 2019, 06:20:21 AM
Reply #29

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
The unnamed player who has 100 odd caps for Argentina? I honestly don't think we d notice much difference game to game....pickford fucks up.more than he saves us.

I know a lot of you guys like pickford and fair dos but he's vastly overated imo.

I'm not completely convinced by Pickford, but I wouldn't consider selling him whilst planning on replacing him with someone on the cheap.