January 20, 2019, 02:25:03 AM

Author Topic: Real after Pickford  (Read 2780 times)

January 05, 2019, 06:22:45 AM
Reply #30

Martip

I'm not completely convinced by Pickford, but I wouldn't consider selling him whilst planning on replacing him with someone on the cheap.
Even if it meant a shot at let's say a world class midfielder or striker who would benefit the team more ?

January 05, 2019, 06:29:25 AM
Reply #31

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not completely convinced by Pickford, but I wouldn't consider selling him whilst planning on replacing him with someone on the cheap.

Expect to see about 400 posts about how he pushes shots into danger zones.

January 05, 2019, 06:36:42 AM
Reply #32

Martip

Expect to see about 400 posts about how he pushes shots into danger zones.
it's not about that though is it. Realistically jordan isn't in our top 3 most important players and if someone would pay over to the odds meaning we can invest elsewhere it makes business sense...

January 05, 2019, 06:37:56 AM
Reply #33

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
it's not about that though is it. Realistically jordan isn't in our top 3 most important players and if someone would pay over to the odds meaning we can invest elsewhere it makes business sense...

We will never agree on this so you may as well save yourself some stress tbh mate.

January 05, 2019, 02:21:23 PM
Reply #34

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

But I think it would mean we should be looking to replace him with a top class player, who would probably be very expensive.

Overall premise though yes, we should always be assessing player worth (to the team and monetarily) and if we receive an offer in excess of those then we should reinvest that to improve.

January 05, 2019, 02:59:20 PM
Reply #35

BlueForYou

Our Number 1 position is solved for the next five seasons, at least - not for sale and £50m is under the odds 

Numbers 2 - 11, work in progress and will consider all bids

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

January 05, 2019, 03:13:04 PM
Reply #36

Gash

Global Moderator
Nah get someone in on the cheap....someone like Utds no 2 Romero. We d hardly notice a difference in goalkeeping quality but would with the extra quality in midfield.

So replace a decent, 24 year old keeper with plenty time to improve with 31 year old keeper who's barely played 25 games in three season (12 of those were in United's 16/17 Europa League campaign) on the off chance that we can attract a world class midfielder or striker, we might as well have kept the mediocre Robles if we want to go cheap on a goal keeper. And given that we're probably going to finish between 7th and 10th we're not going to get a world class midfielder or striker in anyway and then people would just moan if we blew the Pickford money on more Sigurdsson type signings.

January 05, 2019, 03:54:03 PM
Reply #37

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Fucking awful in here
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

January 05, 2019, 04:28:56 PM
Reply #38

Martip

Our Number 1 position is solved for the next five seasons, at least - not for sale and £50m is under the odds 

Numbers 2 - 11, work in progress and will consider all bids
That doesn't make sense to me and id say that pickford is still a work in progress.  If someone is prepared to pay full up money we should consider it.

I think the telling thing for me is that pretty much everyone whether they like pickford or not has reservations about him which is not how you should feel about a top class goalkeeper.

For me he is not great at anything- he's a decent prem league shot stopper but pushes the ball into the danger area, he doesn't command the box as well as he could, he creates anything but calm, he's erratic and often gets beaten from areas you think he shouldn't.

January 05, 2019, 04:56:54 PM
Reply #39

blue1948

50m is almost that ndombele money so yeah if that's the sort of player we spent it on ! He for example would a much bigger upgrade than pickford would be a loss imo.
But you would still need a goalie you plant pot.

January 05, 2019, 05:03:27 PM
Reply #40

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
So basically
We replace Pickford with some bloke from man u, despite everyone moaning about signing man u rejects and then we go out with said money and try to buy someone who is linked with numerous cl clubs an probably wouldn't sign?

It's a no for me
Simply simply lovely

January 05, 2019, 05:04:20 PM
Reply #41

gizzblue

Couldn't have done any worse than the previous decision makers  nod

Swapping a young up and coming keeper for a midfielder and a retiree keeper is a good start to be up there with the Walters and Martinez types,  don't sell yourself short .
Born not made a blue .

January 05, 2019, 05:06:03 PM
Reply #42

blue1948

Imagine Brands interviewing the "world class" midfielder ,
BRANDS
yes we are on the up and it is great club trying hard to get to the next level.We are a family club who look after the ex players and the community
PLAYER
Yes but you have just sold the current England no.1 and shipped in a reserve goalie!! Seems the place for me!!!
BRANDS
Well @Martip said it was good idea .

January 05, 2019, 05:22:15 PM
Reply #43

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
So basically
We replace Pickford with some bloke from man u, despite everyone moaning about signing man u rejects and then we go out with said money and try to buy someone who is linked with numerous cl clubs an probably wouldn't sign?

It's a no for me

It stinks of zero ambition.

January 05, 2019, 05:24:38 PM
Reply #44

BlueForYou

Real Madrid after Pickford? That's because he's the real deal

Pickford is still work in progress and that's the point: top class work in progress and worth more than £50m

Not for sale
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick