June 20, 2019, 09:14:35 AM

Author Topic: Real after Pickford  (Read 4378 times)

January 05, 2019, 07:32:00 PM
Reply #60

KoemansNumberTens

Massively overrated player but then we’ve got a few. Didn’t think he was all that good last season and he’s a lot worse this 1. Brilliant in the World Cup though so hopefully that’s a sign of his potential.

January 05, 2019, 07:34:56 PM
Reply #61

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Massively overrated player but then we've got a few. Didn't think he was all that good last season and he's a lot worse this 1. Brilliant in the World Cup though so hopefully that's a sign of his potential.
Well I'm shocked for one that you don't rate  an Everton player
For that reason alone I want us to keep him
Simply simply lovely

January 05, 2019, 08:02:33 PM
Reply #62

Martip

I'd want much more than 50m for Englands number 1
Being England's no 1 atm isn't necessarily a reflection on how good Pickford it's more about how average the other options are. For example, I'd take a pre injury Butland over Pickford any day of the week and he was nothing special.

January 05, 2019, 08:29:01 PM
Reply #63

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
According to @footballfactman on twitter he’s about 16th in the shot stopper rankings this year.

https://twitter.com/footballfactman/status/1078611243718582272?s=21
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 05, 2019, 08:38:02 PM
Reply #64

Elgoodo1978

The same Real Madrid that just bought Courtois?

Zero chance.

Swap!?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 08:40:01 PM by Elgoodo1978 »

January 06, 2019, 04:49:32 AM
Reply #65

Jamokachi

According to @footballfactman on twitter he's about 16th in the shot stopper rankings this year.

https://twitter.com/footballfactman/status/1078611243718582272?s=21

Huge lack of context here though. This is only relevant when the type of shots/chances afforded to the opposition are taken into account.

January 06, 2019, 05:16:41 AM
Reply #66

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Huge lack of context here though. This is only relevant when the type of shots/chances afforded to the opposition are taken into account.

What kind of thing would you like taken into account?

I imagine it doesn’t take into account things like minute of the 90 or game state but I can’t see how that makes a functional difference.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 06, 2019, 05:57:11 AM
Reply #67

School of Science

My opinion should have been off his line coming for that cross today, both centre backs were struggling running back to goal, in the end the ball was far too close to the goal for him not to come for it. Don't think he commands his goal enough when it comes to crosses.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

January 06, 2019, 07:09:48 AM
Reply #68

Ross

I was a big advocate for him before we got him, and he’s done okay so far. But if we could turn a £28m player into £50m in 18 months and get at least his equivalent I’d be okay.

After all what else is Brands here for if not for this diet of thing?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 06, 2019, 09:32:25 AM
Reply #69

di_guyo

Lol we've gone from "100m or fuck off" to "bite their hands off for 50m" in a couple months. Either we were overreacting because of good form, or bow overreacting because of poor/average form, either way, chill the fuck out. Who we realistically going to get thats better? We know he's got quality, just get behind him...shouldn't be entertaining this.
Everton & Atleti

January 06, 2019, 05:10:20 PM
Reply #70

stirlingblue

The concern for me is that we talk about Pickford so often.

In my mind a reliable keeper is one that doesn’t get talked about, it stresses me out having a nutcase like Pickford in goal, even though he is clearly talented.

January 06, 2019, 05:15:26 PM
Reply #71

Lxxx

The concern for me is that we talk about Pickford so often.

In my mind a reliable keeper is one that doesn’t get talked about, it stresses me out having a nutcase like Pickford in goal, even though he is clearly talented.

Just have to hope a lot of it is down to immaturity, both in the position and as a young man. Hopefully the noise will die down and we’ll just get left with the talent.

January 06, 2019, 07:27:54 PM
Reply #72

ajax_andy

My opinion should have been off his line coming for that cross today, both centre backs were struggling running back to goal, in the end the ball was far too close to the goal for him not to come for it. Don't think he commands his goal enough when it comes to crosses.

Nope, cross is too deep... He comes for that there's half a dozen heads it could flick off and leave him in no man's land.

The fact he saved the first header actually imo backs up his decision as he's in the right place positionally to keep it out.  What happens after that is left up to chance, but coming for it would have quite easily ended with the ball in the net off several heads.

This is the issue with people's view on him on here, it's like every goal now it's 'could he have done better', when most have no idea about the art of goal keeping.  So now even if it's a slight doubt about something it becomes this self perpetuating issue that everyone suddenly thinks is right.

January 06, 2019, 10:17:30 PM
Reply #73

Nicco

Nope, cross is too deep... He comes for that there's half a dozen heads it could flick off and leave him in no man's land.

The fact he saved the first header actually imo backs up his decision as he's in the right place positionally to keep it out.  What happens after that is left up to chance, but coming for it would have quite easily ended with the ball in the net off several heads.

This is the issue with people's view on him on here, it's like every goal now it's 'could he have done better', when most have no idea about the art of goal keeping.  So now even if it's a slight doubt about something it becomes this self perpetuating issue that everyone suddenly thinks is right.
Amen

Sent from my FRD-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Jönköpings Södra IF

January 06, 2019, 10:19:48 PM
Reply #74

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

Nail on the head !