October 22, 2019, 09:09:38 AM

Author Topic: Real after Pickford  (Read 5184 times)

January 05, 2019, 08:02:33 PM
Reply #15

Martip

I'd want much more than 50m for Englands number 1
Being England's no 1 atm isn't necessarily a reflection on how good Pickford it's more about how average the other options are. For example, I'd take a pre injury Butland over Pickford any day of the week and he was nothing special.

January 07, 2019, 02:48:42 AM
Reply #16

Martip

Kind of along these lines with Pickford and others in the squad, but what bothers me a little bit is the support for our players from us in comparison to the support them lot across the park give.

No matter how good a player is for us there is an element of 'he's shite' from sections of our support whether it be Sigurdsson, Pickford, Tosun, Walcott, Keane etc.....whereas with them all their players are 'world class' ie Henderson, Lovren, Trent Alexander Arnold etc....

Ffs think back to the heady days of Barlow, Madar, Spencer, Tiler
I get what you are Saying but they proper go in on their players too. For example, Henderson is actually public enemy number one for them and not at all popular these days.

It also helps that theyve  been doing rather well When we 've been sinking meaning you'd assume they d have less to moan about.