May 23, 2019, 04:31:23 AM

Author Topic: What sort of player is Tom Davies?  (Read 5867 times)

January 05, 2019, 11:32:42 PM
Read 5867 times

Shogun

Administrator
He gets some harsh criticism but even watching the Lincoln game today, he seems to lost that drive he used to have for some reason has certainly stagnated.

Wouldn’t mind seeing him go on loan to a decent championship club.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 05, 2019, 11:52:21 PM
Reply #1

mikey_blue

Starting to think he's a bang average player. Last year he offered a bit of a spark by being able to carry the ball better than Rooney or Morgs. But even then it was hard to put your finger on what he actually does.

I don't think he's going to cut it at Everton. I'd love him to go out on loan next year.

January 05, 2019, 11:54:40 PM
Reply #2

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
He gets some harsh criticism but even watching the Lincoln game today, he seems to lost that drive he used to have for some reason has certainly stagnated.

Wouldn’t mind seeing him go on loan to a decent championship club.

Yes I think we he was coming through there was talk that he could sit or do box to box.

Best form was as a hybrid 10 in 16/17 but I think that worked as Barkley was shouldering the edge of the box possession burden, so Davies’ energy was a good counter point.

Plus with the confidence/ adrenaline of just breaking through his forward passing was more successful.

Seemed like he was trying a bit too hard today (and vs Spurs) as he was trying to close down positions that were only going to result in an easy triangle around him.

January 06, 2019, 12:15:14 AM
Reply #3

American Evertonian

Like those above me I am not really sure what to make of him or where to put him. He doesn't offer enough going forward (no incisive passes and gives the ball away too easily) and defensively I do not think he can read the game well enough yet to interrupt another team's play.

He would do best to go on loan for 1-2 seasons to learn how to read the game and further develop. Otherwise I do not see him ever cutting it for us.
Are we there yet?

January 06, 2019, 12:20:02 AM
Reply #4

Thornton_19

I thought he was taken off purely because of Lincoln winning loads of headers in our midfield and Gomes is better in the air.

Didnt think he was particularly terrible at all. Understand the sub though.

January 06, 2019, 12:21:00 AM
Reply #5

Macca77

Not good enough, sad but true

January 06, 2019, 12:38:28 AM
Reply #6

gizzblue

Today against Lincoln he couldn't keep the ball ....that's why I rekon he got the hook .... immediately after Gomes was on we were retaining possesion a hell of a lot better ...

Don't think he will ever make the grade for us were we want to be tbh  as gutting as it is he's one of our own .
Born not made a blue .

January 06, 2019, 12:50:08 AM
Reply #7

eyesalwaysblue

Not had much round him to help him progress at a vital stage in his development  so who knows now.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 06, 2019, 01:25:52 AM
Reply #8

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
I want him played as the most advanced of a midfield 3, with Gomes and Gueye behind.  We'd be so much more effective with a midfield 3 instead of 2 and Sigurdson as a Psuedo second striker. 

January 06, 2019, 01:31:57 AM
Reply #9

MmmblueBernard

Tom Davies is overrated by those who tend to underrate better quality players. He’s not good enough for where we aim for.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

January 06, 2019, 01:37:04 AM
Reply #10

markB

he did ok today would look a lot better with a 10 that played and moved like a 10

January 06, 2019, 02:20:17 AM
Reply #11

keverton1971

January 06, 2019, 03:10:04 AM
Reply #12

BlueForYou

Doesn't dictate a game - bread and butter player at present

Keep it simple, Tom: control, pass, move and watch as many clips of Alan Ball as you can

You possess his energy - the rest is up to you

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

January 06, 2019, 03:28:26 AM
Reply #13

Waltzer

People like Tom Davies get a lot of unwarranted pressure due to the fact they're local lads, it's not their fault. The reality is hes championship player at best, but being a local lad makes it exceptionally hard for him to succeed as expectations are raised. I really wish he was the answer, but he's not

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 06, 2019, 03:30:21 AM
Reply #14

TSGun

I still have time for him.

He needs players around him that know what they're doing consistently. For the most part we lack nous as a whole.