July 23, 2019, 01:07:20 AM

Author Topic: What sort of player is Tom Davies?  (Read 6225 times)

January 30, 2019, 11:58:49 PM
Reply #60

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
If he's back in the team regularly, and I think he should be, I say give him the armband again.

He works hard, never hides, and he's one of the only players in the squad who keeps his head under pressure.

It's embarrassing that this group of highly paid professionals needs a 20 year old from the academy to show them how to see out close games but here we are.

When we were under pressure last night right at the death and he won the ball, shrugged a challenge and drove up the pitch 10-15 yards before buying a free kick, I thought yes my mate. Yes.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 31, 2019, 12:07:32 AM
Reply #61

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
When we were under pressure last night right at the death and he won the ball, shrugged a challenge and drove up the pitch 10-15 yards before buying a free kick, I thought yes my mate. Yes.

Had that bit of swagger at that point.

Heís got it all I reckon.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 31, 2019, 12:20:38 AM
Reply #62

kramer0

Had that bit of swagger at that point.

Heís got it all I reckon.

Mentally, it's all there. Definite captain material.

I'd bet on the consistent application coming with regular games, which hopefully he'll get now.

January 31, 2019, 12:24:46 AM
Reply #63

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

January 31, 2019, 12:31:55 AM
Reply #64

NickNack

Always liked him, thereís the makings of a good Ďun in there...hope he gets a run until the end of the season now especially if Gana leaves.

January 31, 2019, 12:35:06 AM
Reply #65

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Enjoyed that, reminded of what he did a few years back and to draw the foul was very pienaar esque
Simply simply lovely

January 31, 2019, 04:10:32 AM
Reply #66

School of Science

Very impressed with Tom last night, hasn't played for a while, played like he had something to prove, I like that, showed a few older players what a bit of guts can do. Bainsey  played well to, shame he got hurt we could do with him right now.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

January 31, 2019, 04:19:55 AM
Reply #67

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Enjoyed that, reminded of what he did a few years back and to draw the foul was very pienaar esque

Yeah it was classic Tom and absolute TEXTBOOK pienaarishness.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 31, 2019, 03:47:07 PM
Reply #68

boothill

I thought it was davis' best game for us tbh.  Hopefully it will build his confidence

Sent from my FLOW_5 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 31, 2019, 04:08:18 PM
Reply #69

di_guyo

If he's back in the team regularly, and I think he should be, I say give him the armband again.

He works hard, never hides, and he's one of the only players in the squad who keeps his head under pressure.

It's embarrassing that this group of highly paid professionals needs a 20 year old from the academy to show them how to see out close games but here we are.

I was just about to disagree with you, but then I started to think who would be a better fit. Grim.

I'd still have Coleman ahead of him, as a more senior figure that also does all of those things you've mentioned. He's vocal and puts a shift in. I think Davies is a lead by example type, but I'd be less confident about him giving a rousing dressing room motivational speech.
Everton & Atleti

January 31, 2019, 04:37:18 PM
Reply #70

stirlingblue

Kramer always says it and Iíve never been able to put my finger on why, but our midfield always plays better with him on the pitch.

It thinks mostly because he never hides, always shows for a pass and is always moving. Yes, he has his problems technically but thatís easier to fix than the mental side and comes with time.

January 31, 2019, 05:04:28 PM
Reply #71

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
I have always backed Tom Davies and have said previously that he is only a young chap. We are only seeing glimpses of his true potential, and he will only improve with every game.

He is 20 years old and already has 83 appearances for Everton to his name. What he really needs to start achieving is a level of consistency to his game, which will only come with a run of games. However, I also think he needs to be managed appropriately, and have more senior players ready to step up around him.

He will have some good games, and some bad, but the important thing is that he keeps improving and contributes more to the team each season.

January 31, 2019, 05:13:26 PM
Reply #72

Bluedylan

I think he's better than Pirlo and Gattuso....apparently.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

January 31, 2019, 05:15:43 PM
Reply #73

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I think he's better than Pirlo and Gattuso....apparently.

😂😂😂😂
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 31, 2019, 05:22:11 PM
Reply #74

Lxxx

We have some mad stats about our win rate when he is in the side. He just seems to link play well without ever doing anything extraordinary himself.

It's a weird shout but in a midfield three with two players who offer more than Gana/Gomes/Sig maybe it'd make our overall play a bit more fluid, as opposed to the perpetual right to left and back again we see all too often at present.