July 23, 2019, 01:07:56 AM

Author Topic: What sort of player is Tom Davies?  (Read 6226 times)

January 31, 2019, 06:12:35 PM
Reply #75

dazfrancis

We have some mad stats about our win rate when he is in the side. He just seems to link play well without ever doing anything extraordinary himself.

It's a weird shout but in a midfield three with two players who offer more than Gana/Gomes/Sig maybe it'd make our overall play a bit more fluid, as opposed to the perpetual right to left and back again we see all too often at present.

Do you have these stats?

Without being able to back it up with exact stats, this is exactly what I was seeing the last couple of years. We seemed to play with more fluidity with Davies in the team even though his performances weren't exactly outstanding.

Some of the shouts in this thread are mad though. Writing off a 20 year old with 60+ premier league games under his belt, England u21 world cup winner and who frequently captains his country at youth level.

He's 20 years old FFS, every footballer, especially young kids have runs of games where they are shit.

I wouldn't give him the armband at present though, lumping too much pressure on a young lad, let him develop his game.

February 01, 2019, 02:32:17 AM
Reply #76

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Think at the moment when he plays it needs to be so that he can get forward.

One of his good abilities is his movement into channels etc. itís obviously easier to do that either at the point of the midfield (as he did for lots of games in 16/17) or in the two if thereís a deeper DM being (a bit like Tuesday).

Again weíve not quite got the natural blend of players for that.

When he plays in a 2 his decision making can be stressed and that obviously is a danger defensively. Thatís not surprising for his age (and itís why you donít see many young CMs).

February 01, 2019, 03:03:59 AM
Reply #77

Lxxx

Think at the moment when he plays it needs to be so that he can get forward.

One of his good abilities is his movement into channels etc. itís obviously easier to do that either at the point of the midfield (as he did for lots of games in 16/17) or in the two if thereís a deeper DM being (a bit like Tuesday).

Again weíve not quite got the natural blend of players for that.

When he plays in a 2 his decision making can be stressed and that obviously is a danger defensively. Thatís not surprising for his age (and itís why you donít see many young CMs).

Which brings us nicely into the Sig conundrum.

February 01, 2019, 03:45:28 AM
Reply #78

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Which brings us nicely into the Sig conundrum.

Yes it will be interesting of the shape from Tuesday is replicated more often (if Gueye goes).

Although that pushes Gomes into a more unfamiliar role.

February 01, 2019, 06:24:56 AM
Reply #79

Thomas

Would he be better suited as a right back?
Not at all interested in being popular

Very interested in saying/doing what's right for Everton FC.

We may agree/disagree but its all about opinions/debate and thats what makes football/supporting Everton amazing.

February 01, 2019, 10:37:53 AM
Reply #80

Bally

Administrator
You're taking the piss now...

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

It's the roll I way

February 01, 2019, 01:17:35 PM
Reply #81

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

February 01, 2019, 03:42:46 PM
Reply #82

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber

What you talking bout Willis?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

February 01, 2019, 04:51:09 PM
Reply #83

bigmanbob

Nah, I'd play Pickford there myself like

February 01, 2019, 04:53:56 PM
Reply #84

Bluedylan

He's got that chestnut from Toffee TV. Baz is always banging on about him being tried at right back.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

February 01, 2019, 06:30:24 PM
Reply #85

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He's got that chestnut from Toffee TV. Baz is always banging on about him being tried at right back.

Baz is a fucking idiot.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 01, 2019, 06:50:07 PM
Reply #86

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
They both are.

Theyíre desperate to become arsenal fan tv and they donít care how they get there.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

February 01, 2019, 06:56:29 PM
Reply #87

kramer0

Hope he gets plenty of minutes, even with Gana staying.

February 01, 2019, 10:35:31 PM
Reply #88

Toddacelli

When he first broke into the first team and was given sub appearances with no real responsibilities, I thought he looked great.

He played a bit head-the-ball - exactly as you would expect a young kid to play who got to play for their boyhood club. He was hunting every single player down and always wanting the ball and always trying to make something happen.

With that amount of freedom he caused me to describe him as reminding me a 'bit' of a young Peter Reid - in style, rather than ability.

Since he's become a starter in games, I think he's lost a lot of what I loved about him because he now has proper responsibility of position, shape, formation and tactics.

I'd like to see him have a bit more freedom again because I feel he's being stifled a bit. But I don't think he'll get much freedom for a while because of how crap the team has been. You only fix that by everyone sticking to the plan.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

February 01, 2019, 10:47:33 PM
Reply #89

Macca77

Can't wait to hear the groans from the crowd tomorrow after his first misplaced pass.