November 23, 2017, 03:17:33 PM

Author Topic: Everton v West Ham  (Read 29415 times)

January 18, 2011, 06:13:49 AM
Reply #15

kunal32

Hopefully they don't get a lift from a change in manager, lets hope Avram stays for one more game.

January 18, 2011, 12:50:56 PM
Reply #16

Derek

He says he won't quit, apparently, so they'll need to give him the boot. To be honest, the players might react against the way he's been treated, but you never know.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

January 18, 2011, 01:08:45 PM
Reply #17

Derek

O'Neill ruled himself out now apparently. Mail also says Brady sent players messages asking what they thought of Grant and if they thought he should go. Wouldn't put it past her.
Clarion Call.

January 18, 2011, 02:46:22 PM
Reply #18

montanatoffeefan

He says he won't quit, apparently, so they'll need to give him the boot. To be honest, the players might react against the way he's been treated, but you never know.

Probably true, given how much the Wham players must hate their owner by now. It's a damn shame Sullivan didn't fire Zola during last season so the players could have rebelled more completely and dragged Wham down where it belongs. 

But perhaps Sullivan will give one of his lockerroom pregame pep talks this weekend and ensure a miserable performance by them.
Everton forever.

January 18, 2011, 04:24:16 PM
Reply #19

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Probably true, given how much the Wham players must hate their owner by now. It's a damn shame Sullivan didn't fire Zola during last season so the players could have rebelled more completely and dragged Wham down where it belongs. 

But perhaps Sullivan will give one of his lockerroom pregame pep talks this weekend and ensure a miserable performance by them.
imagine trying to get ready for a game and sullivan and gold giving you a prematch speech. Jesus.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 18, 2011, 04:54:37 PM
Reply #20

marky v

if the aussies lose tonight then cahill could be back

then he takes a seat on the bench we've played well and got results latley, they are there for the taking big time we should go all out and they will crumble

January 18, 2011, 05:06:34 PM
Reply #21

Derek

I'd like to think we'll still go 4-4-2 when he's back.
Clarion Call.

January 18, 2011, 05:31:16 PM
Reply #22

marky v

I'd like to think we'll still go 4-4-2 when he's back.

only if he drops to midfield for me

January 18, 2011, 07:17:15 PM
Reply #23

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
If Saha is back, I'd imagine he'll come in for Victor.

If not, then it'll be the same team as for the derby.

I'm not sure whether we'll go with the starting line up or the altered one for the second half.

There's always the risk that with Beckford and Victor we won't hold the ball up well enough. Which naturally invites pressure and restricts the ability of the midfield and Baines to get forward.

However if we stick Ossie as the support player, it is easier to play through the middle plus we still have an attacking threat as Victor doesn't track back as much as a natural midfielder. Although if he's on the left we do need to keep good possession as we still need Baines to get up to the bye line.

Taking all that into account, I'd probably go with Victor up front as he is capable of hold up play and it should be a bit easier at home than it was in an Anfield derby.

January 18, 2011, 09:55:54 PM
Reply #24

Outworlder47

Cahill's still out, as the Socceroos won Group C. They'll play Iraq, UAE, or Iran on Saturday afternoon. (Other quarterfinals are Iran-South Korea, Uzbekistan-Jordan, and Japan-Qatar.)

For me, bring Bilyaletdinov in for Osman, and Saha for Anichebe if fit. This assumes that there aren't any magic signings between now and then...

January 18, 2011, 10:07:06 PM
Reply #25

sharpattack

Looking forward to stuffing the hammers. that club is in total disarray.
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

January 18, 2011, 10:39:40 PM
Reply #26

rochey

Cahill's still out, as the Socceroos won Group C. They'll play Iraq, UAE, or Iran on Saturday afternoon. (Other quarterfinals are Iran-South Korea, Uzbekistan-Jordan, and Japan-Qatar.)

For me, bring Bilyaletdinov in for Osman, and Saha for Anichebe if fit. This assumes that there aren't any magic signings between now and then...

This, I hope billy will get a run of games now that Pienaar has gone.

January 18, 2011, 11:48:34 PM
Reply #27

Derek

I would like to think so also. If he can't get used to it by now, perhaps he never will. I hold out hope, though, because he can do some amazing things with the ball.
Clarion Call.

January 19, 2011, 08:11:01 AM
Reply #28

Cods

If Saha is back, I'd imagine he'll come in for Victor.

If not, then it'll be the same team as for the derby.

I'm not sure whether we'll go with the starting line up or the altered one for the second half.

There's always the risk that with Beckford and Victor we won't hold the ball up well enough. Which naturally invites pressure and restricts the ability of the midfield and Baines to get forward.

However if we stick Ossie as the support player, it is easier to play through the middle plus we still have an attacking threat as Victor doesn't track back as much as a natural midfielder. Although if he's on the left we do need to keep good possession as we still need Baines to get up to the bye line.

Taking all that into account, I'd probably go with Victor up front as he is capable of hold up play and it should be a bit easier at home than it was in an Anfield derby.

Another top post, GL.

January 19, 2011, 10:31:46 AM
Reply #29

Evertonexile

I'm going to be pretty happy as long as we stay 4-4-2. Seems pointless to switch it anyway.
Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.