November 22, 2017, 06:45:13 PM

Author Topic: Everton v West Ham  (Read 29401 times)

January 22, 2011, 05:44:19 AM
Reply #60

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
What's 'Krafty' mean then, oh wise one?

North American joke. Kraft is a massive food company supplying many major supermarkets. And Kraft dinner is like a Canadian tradition. Sort of a microwave dinner.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 22, 2011, 06:45:41 AM
Reply #61

cantoffee

I was wearing jeans. We better win now, someone tell Shorty quick.

What are jelly pants?

January 22, 2011, 07:54:32 AM
Reply #62

Meak

we better win this one, no excuses for not picking up 3 pts against the team bottom of the table
Follow me on Twitter @BlakeEMeakin

January 22, 2011, 03:34:17 PM
Reply #63

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Pants made of gelatine. You not have ann summers in canada I take it?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

January 22, 2011, 04:09:07 PM
Reply #64

Scholar

My only fear is Parker who pretty much ran the show last time.  He needs man marking.
Which is why I expect 4-5-1 with Arteta pushing forward and Neville, Osman or Heitinga partnering Fellaini. He could bring Hibbert or Jagielka back in to do this. Looks like Saha is out and with Timmy away, all roads point this way.

Not for me though, Parker is not THAT dangerous, (but I know what you mean). I just don't think Beckford can play up top on his own, so I hope he sticks with Vic or gives Vaughan a go beside him, Bily on the left. So long as Parker is only 'running the show' in his own half, we'll be fine. We should stick to what's been working.

January 22, 2011, 04:19:39 PM
Reply #65

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Which is why I expect 4-5-1 with Arteta pushing forward and Neville, Osman or Heitinga partnering Fellaini. He could bring Hibbert or Jagielka back in to do this. Looks like Saha is out and with Timmy away, all roads point this way.

Not for me though, Parker is not THAT dangerous, (but I know what you mean). I just don't think Beckford can play up top on his own, so I hope he sticks with Vic or gives Vaughan a go beside him, Bily on the left. So long as Parker is only 'running the show' in his own half, we'll be fine. We should stick to what's been working.

Agreed, I would hate to see the selection you talk of.  It has 1-0 or dull draw at best written on it.  I think Fellaini on form should be more than enough for Parker regardless of formation.

January 22, 2011, 04:28:12 PM
Reply #66

Scholar

Obinna is out for them too, which is another reason to go 4-4-2. We shall see.

January 22, 2011, 04:30:00 PM
Reply #67

JoeHart

play 4-4-2 with real strikers and we win, lets hope moyes has learned his lesson.
Everton forever

January 22, 2011, 05:00:50 PM
Reply #68

Scholar

For me it's about getting the ball into the key areas as often as possible. Pienaar was good at making space for people and giving us a foothold but not always in the key areas. Hopefully Billy and Baines hit it off. In a 4-4-2 I think they could because with 2 strikers, one will go to the ball while the other peals away and Baines will have 2 options, so Bily can feed off the 1st or 2nd ball. It could work well, I've seen a change in Bily in recent weeks, getting back and putting in the effort. Bit of confidence and he could take off. 

January 22, 2011, 05:17:11 PM
Reply #69

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
For me it's about getting the ball into the key areas as often as possible. Pienaar was good at making space for people and giving us a foothold but not always in the key areas. Hopefully Billy and Baines hit it off. In a 4-4-2 I think they could because with 2 strikers, one will go to the ball while the other peals away and Baines will have 2 options, so Bily can feed off the 1st or 2nd ball. It could work well, I've seen a change in Bily in recent weeks, getting back and putting in the effort. Bit of confidence and he could take off. 

Agreed but that will work only if the striker goes off into the right areas.  Anichebe has a tendency to drift (as Yakubu did) and not be up top when the chances come.  One of the things I like about Beckford is that he is and around the box a lot, not enough of our strikers do that.

January 22, 2011, 07:47:13 PM
Reply #70

bluestevie

i cant see jags getting a recall tbh, can see the team staying as it was from the derby. fancy jb to score again today in a 2-0 or 2-1 win and judging by the ht score at molineux we are gonna need it
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

January 22, 2011, 08:12:45 PM
Reply #71

jongre123

: Howard, Baines, Neville, Heitinga, Distin, Coleman, Osman, Fellaini, Arteta, Beckford, Anichebe
 :thumbsup:

January 22, 2011, 08:13:47 PM
Reply #72

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Same starting xi as the derby .let's hope we have a better first half than that game!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 22, 2011, 08:14:51 PM
Reply #73

bluestevie

that the legit line up jongre? any word on subs?
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

January 22, 2011, 08:17:26 PM
Reply #74

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Deadlines
Same starting xi as the derby .let's hope we have a better first half than that game!
Disappointed to see no billy but good line up

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk