July 20, 2019, 08:45:01 PM

Author Topic: [News]Blues look to add South American muscle  (Read 2113 times)

January 07, 2019, 04:40:40 AM
Read 2113 times

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
A boca news twitter account saying we are due to submit a bid for Wilmar  Barrios, El Kante Colombiano, for something close to $23m.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 07, 2019, 04:47:53 AM
Reply #1

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Not really what we need, is he?
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 07, 2019, 04:50:49 AM
Reply #2

Martip

After reading his passing accuracy stats he's exactly what we don't need
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 05:00:10 AM by Martip »

January 07, 2019, 04:54:15 AM
Reply #3

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

If gueye is off he’s a like for like which doesn’t inspire much confidence in the system changing anytime soon. Marco might have something else up his sleeve?

A bola & echo saying Bruno Fernandes. Creative Portuguese CM.

I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 07, 2019, 04:59:02 AM
Reply #4

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Abola & echo saying Bruno Fernandes. Creative Portuguese CM.

Manuel's evil twin?

January 07, 2019, 06:02:02 AM
Reply #5

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
If gueye is off he’s a like for like which doesn’t inspire much confidence in the system changing anytime soon. Marco might have something else up his sleeve?

Bruno Fernandes is an interesting one, good age too.

January 07, 2019, 04:54:50 PM
Reply #6

NewsBot

Global Moderator
Blues look to add South American muscle

Everton are reportedly getting closer to signing Boca Juniors' Colombian international Wilmar Barrios as rumours surface that he is already on Merseyside.

Source: Blues look to add South American muscle

January 07, 2019, 05:05:22 PM
Reply #7

Cereal Killer

I imagine he'd be a replacement for Schneiderlin and would come in when Gana was unavailable

January 07, 2019, 05:14:12 PM
Reply #8

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I imagine he'd be a replacement for Schneiderlin and would come in when Gana was unavailable

I don’t think so personally. He’s SO similar it seems weird to have two identical player profiles.

Schneiderlin is Marcos ‘ideal 6’ - if he went, I’d expect someone in that mould to join.

January 07, 2019, 05:15:50 PM
Reply #9

Bournemouthtoffee

Looks to be solid in the tackled and able to pass out once in possession. Could be a good addition and allow us to off load Schneiderlin. Just worry a little at how much he goes to ground and whether he would get away with it in the English game.

Sent from my SM-G935F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 07, 2019, 05:33:06 PM
Reply #10

Cereal Killer

I don’t think so personally. He’s SO similar it seems weird to have two identical player profiles.

Schneiderlin is Marcos ‘ideal 6’ - if he went, I’d expect someone in that mould to join.

Or maybe McCarthy? Gana is too important, I can't see us going for a direct replacement who hasn't played European football ever and would take a while to get to grips with it

January 07, 2019, 05:42:37 PM
Reply #11

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Or maybe McCarthy? Gana is too important, I can't see us going for a direct replacement who hasn't played European football ever and would take a while to get to grips with it

Part of me is wondering if he’s going to have two total destroyers with Gomes and a front 3...

January 07, 2019, 05:54:33 PM
Reply #12

Waltzer

Barrios Youtube vid makes me think he'll be picking up a fair amount of yellows and reds if he does come

January 07, 2019, 06:16:27 PM
Reply #13

sam of the south

Barrios Youtube vid makes me think he'll be picking up a fair amount of yellows and reds if he does come

Pretty much every tackle was him diving in with feet leaving the ground.

Guaranteed red card in The Derby at the very least.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 07, 2019, 06:19:34 PM
Reply #14

Waltzer

Pretty much every tackle was him diving in with feet leaving the ground.

Guaranteed red card in The Derby at the very least.

Yep, he won the ball a fair few times, but that type of approach in the Prem is only going one way!