July 20, 2019, 08:09:01 AM

Author Topic: Bernard = Football Einstein  (Read 3142 times)

January 08, 2019, 10:04:37 PM
Read 3142 times

Toddacelli

Players who canít just rely on physical attributes will often take time to find their feet (literally in his case some times :) ).

They have to get used to the pace of everything and find ways round it.

To be fair he has seemed to cope quite well for someone his size. He doesn't shy out of tackles. He's been better at this than I expected.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

January 08, 2019, 10:08:51 PM
Reply #1

Toddacelli

I love this lad, and so does Baines.

I really want him to be a success here, and his ability to play between the lines is his greatest asset

http://www.evertonfc.com/evertontv/archive/2019/01/05/baines-hails-amazing-teammate-bernard

I agree.

I just find interviews like this really annoying.

JOURNO: Would you agree with my pre-written agenda that X=Y
PLAYER: Yeah at the end of the day you can tell that X equals Y because of the way Y is the same as X

JOURNO: Would you agree with my pre-written agenda that Z is a good thing?
PLAYER: Yeah Z is a good thing it's a really good thing and that's what the gaffer says

Although it's nice seeing the players speak - we never actually get to find out what their own original thoughts are in these type of interviews. We only ever get to find out what the journo thinks, or what the club will let them ask etc

January 09, 2019, 04:39:43 AM
Reply #2

Toddacelli

I dunno, Baines mentioned Bernard before the interviewer did, plus he didnít have to wax lyrical as much as that, and he wouldnít have done unless he really rated him

Yeah you will get a bit more from players like Baines in this type of interview because they're mature and intelligent.

I imagine some of the younger ones who are similar twats to what I was at their age get told not to say a fucking word or stick to the script. That's why we hear the same things all the time.

January 09, 2019, 05:11:12 AM
Reply #3

Toddacelli

Bernard, isn't on the board. Or am I on the wrong thread?  :eh:

It's all gone wrong.

Brands is on the board and now in this thread, Gana is on the move, Solanke is in the transfer thread and DCL is in all of 'em!