July 10, 2020, 02:16:29 PM

Author Topic: Bernard = Football Einstein  (Read 3934 times)

January 08, 2019, 03:45:02 PM
Read 3934 times

sam of the south

I love this lad, and so does Baines.

I really want him to be a success here, and his ability to play between the lines is his greatest asset

http://www.evertonfc.com/evertontv/archive/2019/01/05/baines-hails-amazing-teammate-bernard
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

January 08, 2019, 06:20:48 PM
Reply #1

sam of the south

Echo this, really feel when he settles in completely, we'll have our version of Man City's David Silva.

If he turns out only half as good as Silva I will be chuffed
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

January 08, 2019, 11:05:57 PM
Reply #2

sam of the south

I agree.

I just find interviews like this really annoying.

JOURNO: Would you agree with my pre-written agenda that X=Y
PLAYER: Yeah at the end of the day you can tell that X equals Y because of the way Y is the same as X

JOURNO: Would you agree with my pre-written agenda that Z is a good thing?
PLAYER: Yeah Z is a good thing it's a really good thing and that's what the gaffer says

Although it's nice seeing the players speak - we never actually get to find out what their own original thoughts are in these type of interviews. We only ever get to find out what the journo thinks, or what the club will let them ask etc

I dunno, Baines mentioned Bernard before the interviewer did, plus he didn’t have to wax lyrical as much as that, and he wouldn’t have done unless he really rated him
Henry David Thoreau

January 15, 2019, 01:56:30 AM
Reply #3

sam of the south

Heard a Utd fan at work say Bernard is all fart and no poo today. Cracked me up  ;D

I hope you chinned him
Henry David Thoreau

January 15, 2019, 04:54:10 PM
Reply #4

sam of the south

3 assists in the league plus one they took away from him (Leicester).

Taking that one away from him was a joke. Are they ‘football men’ making those decisions?
Henry David Thoreau

January 15, 2019, 09:52:00 PM
Reply #5

sam of the south

When we need a very attacking look, I'd like to see:

AM: Bernard
LW: Richarlison
CF: Calvert-Lewin
RW: Lookman

That would be dangerous to start matches (unless we're certain we're going to have a lot of the ball with just two players back there) but in situations where we're desperate for a goal, I bet that front four would pull teams apart.

Without a doubt, this has been my preferred for a while
Henry David Thoreau

January 16, 2019, 01:28:17 AM
Reply #6

sam of the south

When we need a very attacking look, I'd like to see:

AM: Bernard
LW: Richarlison
CF: Calvert-Lewin
RW: Lookman

That would be dangerous to start matches (unless we're certain we're going to have a lot of the ball with just two players back there) but in situations where we're desperate for a goal, I bet that front four would pull teams apart.

We only ever have two covering in the middle anyway.
Henry David Thoreau