June 27, 2019, 01:25:40 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Bournemouth  (Read 9974 times)

January 12, 2019, 06:25:26 AM
Reply #45

Ross

Completely agree.

Win and we'll be midtable, have no intention of sacking our manager and have a set of fans generally ambivalent towards the rest of the season.

Lose and we'll be midtable, have no intention of sacking our manager and have a set of fans generally ambivalent towards the rest of the season.

Haha yeah.

But surely you can see this is the most likely win of our next 10 games? Bournemouth at home? Especially considering our away form? Also it’s the first game for us against only two teams who’ve been on a worse run of form than us over the last 10 games (the others being Huddersfield((worst form of everyone in the last ten)) with Southampton (better form over the last ten than us, but still 4th shite) who’ve been just as poor after that  . 

Not so soon after that we’ve got a lot of “good teams” coming our way so yeah I’d say it’s a “huge” game.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 12, 2019, 01:43:15 PM
Reply #46

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Haha. Good one.

January 12, 2019, 02:20:18 PM
Reply #47

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
We will almost certainly finish somewhere between 7th and 13th this season. It's a transitional period for us and there's not one particular game that is more important than another in the league

I think it's more imperative that we find a style of play and a system that suits us so that we can push on next season, and also find the missing players for the system to sign in the summer

The stretch target for me would be to win the FA Cup and finish 7th, with the former being infinitely more important to me than the latter
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 12, 2019, 04:45:36 PM
Reply #48

blue1948

We will almost certainly finish somewhere between 7th and 13th this season. It's a transitional period for us and there's not one particular game that is more important than another in the league

I think it's more imperative that we find a style of play and a system that suits us so that we can push on next season, and also find the missing players for the system to sign in the summer

The stretch target for me would be to win the FA Cup and finish 7th, with the former being infinitely more important to me than the latter

I think if we find a style of play and a system then the results will be the yardstick otherwise we haven't found them!! I agree with your post by the way .

January 12, 2019, 09:05:58 PM
Reply #49

blob

faith...easy win :)

January 12, 2019, 10:48:44 PM
Reply #50

Everton Mint

Could be a bit of a turning-point this one if we were to lose it.

Silva and his team need to produce in this sort of game or fans already starting to doubt will have every right to...

January 12, 2019, 10:57:32 PM
Reply #51

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Looks like the knives will be out if we don’t win tomorrow
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 12, 2019, 11:12:27 PM
Reply #52

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

They probably will be to be quite honest, it’s all primed for it.

Allardyce and Silva public spat, AGM comments about league position and public backing of the manager, 2 weeks without a prem game has allowed a lot of time for internet ramblings and people to work themselves into a hyper-analytical frenzy.

Ultimately, how many home losses against teams we ‘should’ beat can he reasonably allow before people fume? About to find out I’d imagine.

My personal feeling is that unless we are in free fall he should have a bit of range to struggle and bring it back. But we are in relegation form, and the prem is just not a very forgiving place.

I reckon we’ll lose or draw, and there will be 4-5 days of tantrums and ‘will he won’t he’ in the press, arguably rightly, before it subsides a little and we get on with the next one.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 12, 2019, 11:16:15 PM
Reply #53

Dr. Sponge

Win, lose or draw tomorrow, the internet and media critics need to fuck off and let Silva bed in his ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

January 12, 2019, 11:18:46 PM
Reply #54

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Hmm.

Patience levels at minus zero, leading to a lack of “support”.

Doesn’t ever seem to be an atmosphere of it being an important game for the season, therefore let’s be positive.

It’s important game for the manager’s future so we’ll sit in silent judgment.

January 12, 2019, 11:32:47 PM
Reply #55

Bluedylan

Grim aren't we?
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

January 12, 2019, 11:38:24 PM
Reply #56

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Grim aren't we?

I think we’d struggle naming a set of supporters with less bottle.

January 12, 2019, 11:47:21 PM
Reply #57

Macca77

I think we’d struggle naming a set of supporters with less bottle.

And patience

January 13, 2019, 01:05:04 AM
Reply #58

WeimaranerBlues

Come on where not in relegation form, bad form yes and on a bad run , but still a long way to go,. If their was only 6 games left then may be , but 2/3 wins and were battling for 7/8.   If we finish 13/14 think Silva only gets a couple of months into next season  but that's the nature of the prem. 

January 13, 2019, 01:13:42 AM
Reply #59

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Come on where not in relegation form, bad form yes and on a bad run , but still a long way to go,. If their was only 6 games left then may be , but 2/3 wins and were battling for 7/8.   If we finish 13/14 think Silva only gets a couple of months into next season  but that's the nature of the prem. 

Yes.

If we win tomorrow we’re only 2pts off 7th despite having a terrible last 8 league games.

It’s this sort of thing that’s the underlying issue.

We’re in a position where if we have a good last 17 games we will finish 7th.

Why don’t we all try our best to make that happen?

Instead it’ll be dead quiet until either we get 2/3-0 up, or we go behind and the knives come out.

We’re not, not trying to be positive and win games. If anything the formations/ selections have too many attackers in sometimes.

It does feel like we’ve forgotten that it’s supposed to be an advantage playing at home.