July 23, 2019, 09:41:12 AM

Author Topic: Vlasic Interview  (Read 5196 times)

January 10, 2019, 05:02:36 PM
Read 5196 times

Waltzer

He's not good enough

Little too early to judge a 21 year old i think. Personally think he'll go further than any of the other under 21s in or around our squad and we'll regret getting rid, if we do!?

January 10, 2019, 05:56:11 PM
Reply #1

Waltzer

Really? He's done nothing to justify the hype

Hes done loads more than Lookman, DCL and Davies combined. Hes played 6 CL games this season, got 2 assists and 3 goals including the winner against Real and was named MOTM. His record this season is 1 goal every 3 games as an attacking midfielder, this is after going to a new league, albeit not the strongest, adapting and performing well. I dont think anyone has hyped him up, just saying there appears to be potential and it'd be a shame for him not to get the chance others have

January 10, 2019, 05:59:20 PM
Reply #2

Waltzer

Niasse looked like a world beater there.

FFS again!! Niasse never, ever, ever looked like a world beater in Russia, he never won Player of The Year, he had a purple patch where he scored a few goals, thats it

January 10, 2019, 06:47:45 PM
Reply #3

Waltzer

Didn't say he won the player of the year, we bought him because he was scoring goals most weeks, lets be honest here, the Russian league is on a par with the Scottish Prem, its shite.

Now I'm not completely writing Vlasic off here, if he comes back and gets another chance then hopefully he will prove me and a lot of others wrong, just saying he's not a loss if we decide sell.

I know you didnt, but thats usually chucked out with comments like he was tearing it up over there.
And it really isnt that weak, its not comparable in terms of depth as the Premiership but CSKA in particular regularly get to the group stages of the CL and Lokomotiv, Spartak and Zenit are decent sides.Celtic, on comparison have done twice in the previous 5 years and they're the only Scottish team that have got anywhere near it. Our arrogance would probably say we'd beat all of them easily, but im not sure, and Im pretty sure we wont ever do the double over Real in the Champions League like CSKA did this year

January 14, 2019, 04:00:17 PM
Reply #4

Waltzer

We definitely have some decisions to make this summer, with Dowell and Vlasic both looking to play regular football. As they are both central attacking midfielders, it seems like they might actually be competing against each other for one place in the squad, so could be very interesting in terms of their performances between now and the end of the season.

I dont think Vlasic and Dowell are really comparable in terms of quality. If they said one has to go and one can stay id be amazed if anyone chose Dowell, could be wrong though?