May 23, 2019, 04:23:38 AM

Author Topic: Michy Batshuayi  (Read 16778 times)

January 11, 2019, 03:15:34 AM
Reply #45

sam of the south

Miles better

I would hope so.

DCL seems to have a lot of tools, but he just doesn’t know how to harness them.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 11, 2019, 03:19:21 AM
Reply #46

D15TIN

But is he much better than dcl ? If not I can't see much point.
fucking hell mate, streets ahead of calvert-lewin.

January 11, 2019, 03:21:14 AM
Reply #47

Martip

fucking hell mate, streets ahead of calvert-lewin.
Tbh I ve not seen enough of him to say as he's always been a sub whenever I've seen him.

January 11, 2019, 03:24:18 AM
Reply #48

D15TIN

Tbh I ve not seen enough of him to say as he's always been a sub whenever I've seen him.
played for Chelsea, Dortmund, Valencia, marsielle, and has a good record for his country, calvert-lewin cant finish, got 4 league goals from 30 + games last season, looks out of his depth in the PL (IMO)

January 11, 2019, 03:25:48 AM
Reply #49

Waltzer

Id rather keep our powder dry than sign him, I don't think he's good enough. Although if we got rid of Cenk and/or Niasse and it's a minimal investment it'll probably be worth it

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 11, 2019, 03:31:19 AM
Reply #50

Martip

played for Chelsea, Dortmund, Valencia, marsielle, and has a good record for his country, calvert-lewin cant finish, got 4 league goals from 30 + games last season, looks out of his depth in the PL (IMO)
You are preaching to the converted mate as I don't rate dcl but it's worrying none of the club's want to keep him isn't it? Plus chelsea being so keen to keep whoring him out every 11 seconds....just has me nervous.

January 11, 2019, 03:39:09 AM
Reply #51

D15TIN

You are preaching to the converted mate as I don't rate dcl but it's worrying none of the club's want to keep him isn't it? Plus chelsea being so keen to keep whoring him out every 11 seconds....just has me nervous.
Chelsea do that with a lot of good players though, lukaku, Zouma etc, they even sold de bruyne

January 11, 2019, 03:52:35 AM
Reply #52

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
If we're shipping someone out, then fair enough. He's better than what we have, and if we were to get in a better option to start, he'd be a better option from the bench than what we currently have.

That said, while he does get amongst the goals I'm never super keen on strikers who frequently miss what at this level would be considered easier chances. You mostly felt with Lukaku he'd take the one on one chance, or the ball that falls to him in the 6 yard area, that kind of thing...I don't think Batshuayi would be that type of striker, it'd be more of a coin flip. Not, that we have that striker right now either mind you.

Looks like he's on the move though, that much is clear, not so clear if our name is just being used for the rumour mill/to drum up interest or if there is something in it.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 03:55:41 AM by blueToffee »

January 11, 2019, 03:58:24 AM
Reply #53

School of Science

Does anyone really believe we'll get a clear run at him, especially at a polish price ? Goalscorers are holdouts in this league.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

January 11, 2019, 04:00:09 AM
Reply #54

Waltzer

Rumours he's off to Monaco with Henry and Cesc

January 11, 2019, 04:00:18 AM
Reply #55

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Does anyone really believe we'll get a clear run at him, especially at a polish price ? Goalscorers are holdouts in this league.

I don't think there would be many better teams in for him, if we were interested.

Plus, he saw how Lukaku did here.

January 11, 2019, 04:02:46 AM
Reply #56

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Rumours he's off to Monaco with Henry and Cesc

You could see that, particularly as Henry was the assistant coach at Belgium.

Sounds more likely than us right now to be honest, unless we do sell a striker.

January 11, 2019, 04:04:43 AM
Reply #57

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
If we got rid of niasse and replaced him with batshuyai (not looking likely) that would be very good business
Simply simply lovely

January 11, 2019, 04:08:17 AM
Reply #58

kramer0

Yeah, at the end of the day the bloated squad means we're unlikely to do anything.

Getting rid of a couple of unneeded players permanently would make for a good window.

January 11, 2019, 04:17:44 AM
Reply #59

penguinofdoom1878

I think he's an example of why youngsters with potential shouldn't sign for the likes of Chelsea so young, they've around 40 out on loan this season.

I think he'll do well with a club that wants him and shows him support. He'd be ace for us I think.