June 20, 2019, 03:56:40 PM

Author Topic: [News]Silva agrees with Moshiri on disappointing form  (Read 2039 times)

January 12, 2019, 03:00:01 AM
Read 2039 times

NewsBot

Global Moderator
Silva agrees with Moshiri on disappointing form

Everton boss Marco Silva has said that he agrees with majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri in as much that the form from his Everton side needs to improve.

Source: Silva agrees with Moshiri on disappointing form

January 12, 2019, 06:11:23 PM
Reply #1

Alanvideo

We are special ,we are Everton.

January 12, 2019, 06:24:30 PM
Reply #2

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

January 12, 2019, 07:21:37 PM
Reply #3

Gash

Global Moderator
A warning shot across the bows ?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/12/marco-silva-little-time-everton-farhad-moshiri

I don't think it is, it seems a slightly sensationalist headline, I can't see that Silva's under any immediate pressure. It's all been a bit chaotic these last three years and there's lots still to do before the team is right. We've a big squad, many of whom aren't good enough, some are on loan but we're back to square one when they come back in the summer and we need to try and move them on again. We'll need to clear out a few before we can think about improving the squad.

Moshiri needs to accept that at times he's been as much the problem as the solution. I think putting Brands on the board and giving him full control of the footballing side is an admission of that, he realised he needed to get people with the right knowledge in the right places and that is what he's done, so credit to him for that. He wasted a lot of money when he first arrived on managers and players, talked too much to Jim White and generally kind of bumbled along without much direction and generally seemed very naive. Now it looks far better off the field and there seems to be a proper structure in place. The club and fans now need to be seen to back the manager, not start making comments that will only become a feeding frenzy for the media. People outside of the club very much have the opinion of "well what do Everton fans expect" as we're seen now as a club that has little patience, turns on managers quickly and have ideas above our station, I'm not saying I agree with it but it's totally understandable that someone from the outside would see us that way after the last few years. Making public comments about results 'not being good enough' isn't going to help but again I think some of that comes down to Moshiri opening his mouth without firstly thinking what he's about to say, a bit like he used to do with Jim White.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 07:23:30 PM by Gash »

January 12, 2019, 09:50:28 PM
Reply #4

eyesalwaysblue

Moshiri has every right to fire a shot if he wishes, especially after what the clown Koeman wasted, if that's what he's doing.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 12, 2019, 10:44:09 PM
Reply #5

fubarruk

Closer the relegation zone than we are top 6, speaks for itself really, he needs to know he's under pressure and rightly so!

January 12, 2019, 11:28:31 PM
Reply #6

Bluedylan

It's just Moshiri playing to the gallery a bit there. Nowt to see.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

January 12, 2019, 11:31:35 PM
Reply #7

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Wasn’t a massive fan of the Silva appointment but I quickly changed my tune.

In the first half of the season we saw a handful of performances that showed the seedlings of a way of playing that I genuinely think was the best and most exciting I’ve seen since Moyes. Granted that’s not saying much, but it’s true.

Yes things have dropped off a bit of a cliff since the derby but fuck me, how can fans have such little patience. You’re always going to get bad spells of form, especially this early in a new managers reign.

It may not work out with Silva, but putting pressure on him and the team at this stage - whether that’s from our fans or our well meaning but absolutely fucking clueless owner - serves no purpose but to make failure more likely.

Ease off, this is a nothing season, and barring a catastrophe let’s see where things are in a year.

January 13, 2019, 02:20:46 AM
Reply #8

Martip

Wasn’t a massive fan of the Silva appointment but I quickly changed my tune.

In the first half of the season we saw a handful of performances that showed the seedlings of a way of playing that I genuinely think was the best and most exciting I’ve seen since Moyes. Granted that’s not saying much, but it’s true.

Yes things have dropped off a bit of a cliff since the derby but fuck me, how can fans have such little patience. You’re always going to get bad spells of form, especially this early in a new managers reign.

It may not work out with Silva, but putting pressure on him and the team at this stage - whether that’s from our fans or our well meaning but absolutely fucking clueless owner - serves no purpose but to make failure more likely.

Ease off, this is a nothing season, and barring a catastrophe let’s see where things are in a year.
I can't agree some of the performances the best since Moyes....the good Martinez season had many much better than anything I've seen so far.

That said we need to give him time but we need to be mindful that atm we ate only just above the likes of Brighton in the league which isn't good enough considering some of the players we have.

January 13, 2019, 02:54:30 AM
Reply #9

Mayor Farnum

Although Koeman was certain to get sacked eventually the timing was stupid; too soon in to a new season with all decent managers already in jobs and the season barley taken shape. The poor timing of that sacking(due to Moshiri's inexperience and a desire to show the supporters he is in touch with them) effected the next two appointments. We could have easily given Koeman until the end of the season and taken stock then.
We have to give Marco a fair crack of the whip and statements from Moshiri that the press can pounce on are of no help whatsoever. I can't think of many of Moshiri's statements regarding the football side of the club that have been, insightful, interesting or helpful.     

January 13, 2019, 03:01:11 AM
Reply #10

Bluedylan

We’d be adrift without Moshiri. Some of the stick/comments he gets are laughable.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

January 13, 2019, 03:32:53 AM
Reply #11

KoemansNumberTens

Think we’ve massively overrated our performances against the top 6 this season. We talk about them on here like they are 6 super teams almost unbeatable by anyone outside that top 6. We seem to be clinging to a single point. 1 really competitive performance against Liverpool and a few “tried to win at least”s yet 4 of the 6 have had some pretty poor results against sides we hoped to be better than
I’m not sure there’s any sign of progress in them 5 games

January 13, 2019, 03:47:42 AM
Reply #12

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Think we’ve massively overrated our performances against the top 6 this season. We talk about them on here like they are 6 super teams almost unbeatable by anyone outside that top 6. We seem to be clinging to a single point. 1 really competitive performance against Liverpool and a few “tried to win at least”s yet 4 of the 6 have had some pretty poor results against sides we hoped to be better than
I’m not sure there’s any sign of progress in them 5 games

Compared to last season there’s massive progress.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 13, 2019, 04:04:07 AM
Reply #13

KoemansNumberTens

Compared to last season there’s massive progress.

Well we did have 2 points last season but even accepting the performances are better these sides are dropping points every season against sides worse than us. Our record against them teams has been shameful for a long while and still is. We’ve got to the stage now where even a half decent performance is lauded.

January 13, 2019, 04:05:55 AM
Reply #14

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Well we did have 2 points last season but even accepting the performances are better these sides are dropping points every season against sides worse than us. Our record against them teams has been shameful for a long while and still is. We’ve got to the stage now where even a half decent performance is lauded.

Whatever mate.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown