April 19, 2019, 06:13:02 PM

Author Topic: Dcl  (Read 7111 times)

KingdingalingNL and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

January 19, 2019, 01:40:55 PM
Reply #30

ajax_andy

I make no apologies in harbouring the view that if you don't rate the potential of DCL you're absolutely clueless and should give up on watching football, as it's just not for you. You're likely a terrible person, too.

I'm one of those who don't see it personally, his finishing will never be clinical, he's just not a natural in front of goal.  That's his main stumbling block when it comes to being good enough for a top half premier League team, especially one with ideas above that.

Doesn't mean he's terrible, he clearly has talent, if he can work out how to run properly with the ball he'll be a big threat due to his pace, but right now his technique is lacking in that area and it makes him less rapid then he should be... I fear that's something hell struggle to change but if he can he be more of a threat.

He has the potential to be a decent back up striker for us maybe, but he has that big lack of natural finishing ability that will imo mean he'll never be top rate, you just can't teach that ability

January 19, 2019, 02:01:21 PM
Reply #31

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Haha this thread lolol

Imagine thinking that training wouldn’t improve finishing lolol

Anyone remember Henry trying to finesse everything into the bottom corner, running into brick walls, and generally stinking out the place? Or Kane being farmed out and being a workhorse and frankly laughable in a U21 tournament. Genuinely laughable during that time.

I’d personally say that DCL is potentially ahead of his development at 21. We have two senior strikers that could be getting minutes ahead of him, yet they don’t and have had a few managers selecting him. You also have to take into account that he’s developing his mind and body at that age. Apart from the elite players you don’t get many good 21yr olds that are also consistent.

I think he’s doing fine and it tends to be the serial moaners who got an issue with him, not just on here to be clear. The blues I know offline who are massive cranks also think he’s “a bit shit”, highlighting errors whilst ignoring all the promising things he does.

January 19, 2019, 02:09:54 PM
Reply #32

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
It might be worth adding that being “instinctive” at a young age is all well and good, but you can’t just hang around the penalty spot these days.

It wasn’t long ago that the top clubs were arguing over the “natural” berahino, he’s doing really well these days.

January 19, 2019, 02:33:38 PM
Reply #33

Waltzer

Haha this thread lolol

Anyone remember Henry trying to finesse everything into the bottom corner, running into brick walls, and generally stinking out the place? Or Kane being farmed out and being a workhorse and frankly laughable in a U21 tournament. Genuinely laughable during that time.

I’d personally say that DCL is potentially ahead of his development at 21. We have two senior strikers that could be getting minutes ahead of him, yet they don’t and have had a few managers selecting him. You also have to take into account that he’s developing his mind and body at that age. Apart from the elite players you don’t get many good 21yr olds that are also consistent.

I think he’s doing fine and it tends to be the serial moaners who got an issue with him, not just on here to be clear. The blues I know offline who are massive cranks also think he’s “a bit shit”, highlighting errors whilst ignoring all the promising things he does.

I think he can improve finishing but I dont think you can improve that instinctive nature that world class goalscorers have, which he doesnt. I said this about Davies and I think it applies to DCL too, if he is as good as some people on here allude to why hasnt he got a sniff at an England call up despite the fact hes got 'loads of potential', if you're young and English and playing it almost goes without saying you get called up, yet he hasnt despite playing nearly 100 times in the league?

January 19, 2019, 02:46:59 PM
Reply #34

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Jesus Christ. Who’s said he’s going to rack up strike rate that would make Luca Toni jealous?

You’re acting like a massive crank.

Edit: you’ve said several tones you think we should keep McCarthy whilst talking rubbish on here about “teaching” strikers how to finish. You’re deffo a crank.

January 19, 2019, 02:49:20 PM
Reply #35

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I think he can improve finishing but I dont think you can improve that instinctive nature that world class goalscorers have, which he doesnt. I said this about Davies and I think it applies to DCL too, if he is as good as some people on here allude to why hasnt he got a sniff at an England call up despite the fact hes got 'loads of potential', if you're young and English and playing it almost goes without saying you get called up, yet he hasnt despite playing nearly 100 times in the league?

Didn’t someone throw out a stat he’s only started 14 games up top? You need to have a bit of a reality check on this. He’s a 21yr old striker in the premier league.

January 19, 2019, 04:01:52 PM
Reply #36

Waltzer

Didn't someone throw out a stat he's only started 14 games up top? You need to have a bit of a reality check on this. He's a 21yr old striker in the premier league.
I'm not the one saying he looks amazing and has loads of potential when he's done nothing? I'm more than happy to be wrong and genuinely hope I am, I just don't see it, that's all

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 19, 2019, 04:26:14 PM
Reply #37

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not sold on him but with our current options he deserves a chance up top and he's got the attributes to be a good striker. I actually think the main accusation that he isn't particularly clinical isn't that accurate, given a decent chance he's put a few away

January 19, 2019, 04:35:43 PM
Reply #38

ajax_andy

Haha this thread lolol

Of course he can improve his finishing, but top strikers are born with something you can't teach.

Will DCL ever improve enough to be a consistent 20+ goal a season striker? Unlikely, if not just because very few ever do, and those that get there are either world class like Aguero or one level below like Lukaku.

DCL won't ever improve his finishing to Lukaku level, his all round game could potentially be better, but as a striker in a team with top 4 ambitions you need to be able to score 20+ every year, or be a back up striker for who ever we bring in that could reach those figures.

I don't think DCL is s bad player, nor do I feel he's not got a lot of potential, it's just his lack of natural ability in front of goal will always be a factor

January 19, 2019, 04:47:55 PM
Reply #39

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not sold on him but with our current options he deserves a chance up top and he's got the attributes to be a good striker. I actually think the main accusation that he isn't particularly clinical isn't that accurate, given a decent chance he's put a few away

I love him and think he will be boss BUT i havent totally forgiven him for that chance at the end of the derby!!
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

January 19, 2019, 05:23:14 PM
Reply #40

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Of course he can improve his finishing, but top strikers are born with something you can't teach.

Will DCL ever improve enough to be a consistent 20+ goal a season striker? Unlikely, if not just because very few ever do, and those that get there are either world class like Aguero or one level below like Lukaku.

DCL won't ever improve his finishing to Lukaku level, his all round game could potentially be better, but as a striker in a team with top 4 ambitions you need to be able to score 20+ every year, or be a back up striker for who ever we bring in that could reach those figures.

I don't think DCL is s bad player, nor do I feel he's not got a lot of potential, it's just his lack of natural ability in front of goal will always be a factor

This is an absolutely bonkers post.

January 19, 2019, 05:35:00 PM
Reply #41

ajax_andy

This is an absolutely bonkers post.

In what way?

January 19, 2019, 05:43:16 PM
Reply #42

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
In what way?

You’re saying he can improve, then saying he won’t improve, then predicting the future. It’s just nuts.

January 19, 2019, 05:44:39 PM
Reply #43

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not the one saying he looks amazing and has loads of potential when he's done nothing? I'm more than happy to be wrong and genuinely hope I am, I just don't see it, that's all

Let’s just keep McCarthy then yeah. That post alone tells me about how you rate players. Not going to agree on this one I guess.

January 19, 2019, 06:12:17 PM
Reply #44

Waltzer

Let's just keep McCarthy then yeah. That post alone tells me about how you rate players. Not going to agree on this one I guess.
No worries, I get the Mccarthy thing, my only justification is that I've seen him perform at a high level and think if he could do that consistently he would be an asset, but also admit he's far too injury prone and unreliable so should be moved on. I've never seen enough from DCL to suggest he's consistent enough or good enough, so that's the difference for me, but like you said, it's opinions