October 21, 2019, 07:11:14 PM

Author Topic: Dcl  (Read 10213 times)

January 19, 2019, 06:26:20 PM
Reply #45

ajax_andy

Youre saying he can improve, then saying he wont improve, then predicting the future. Its just nuts.

I said he can improve all aspect of his game but he'll never be a natural finisher and that part of his game will never be good enough to score 20+ a season.

It's pretty simple to understand.

January 19, 2019, 06:31:47 PM
Reply #46

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I said he can improve all aspect of his game but he'll never be a natural finisher and that part of his game will never be good enough to score 20+ a season.

It's pretty simple to understand.

I think youre full of shit tbh and just repeating yourself without actually saying anything apart from making predictions on the future. These are just things that youd hear Paul Merson say when hes grasping at straws trying to sound like hes watched a player hes just been asked a question about.

Calling you full of shit was pretty strong man. Apologies @ajax_andy
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 06:36:18 PM by Bob Sacamano »

January 19, 2019, 06:35:48 PM
Reply #47

ajax_andy

I think youre full of shit tbh and just repeating yourself without actually saying anything apart from making predictions on the future. These are just things that youd hear Paul Merson say when hes grasping at straws trying to sound like hes watched a player hes just been asked a question about.

You don't just suddenly become a natural finisher at 23 or whatever, just doesn't work like that.  Either you got it or you ain't, and DCL is sadly in the latter bracket.

He'll improve other aspects of his game, and most likely improve his finishing, but never to the 20 + goal a season level, he doesn't have the natural instinct required and you can't teach that or 20+ goal a season strikers would be ten a penny, not a huge rarity

January 19, 2019, 07:01:30 PM
Reply #48

KingdingalingNL

You don't just suddenly become a natural finisher at 23 or whatever, just doesn't work like that.  Either you got it or you ain't, and DCL is sadly in the latter bracket.

He'll improve other aspects of his game, and most likely improve his finishing, but never to the 20 + goal a season level, he doesn't have the natural instinct required and you can't teach that or 20+ goal a season strikers would be ten a penny, not a huge rarity

Why? Tell that to players like Drogba, there are many players who change there game or work hard on their weaker aspects. Finishing can be taught people keep confusing something with strikers, I have seen it many times on here people saying you cannot teach finishing or scoring and that is a load of bullshit!!!! Everything can be taught players keep improving and can change their game they have to, it just depends on who is training them. The thing that cannot be taught and I will 100% agree on is the players who always seem to be in the right place at the right time, these are the special attributes that cannot be taught that is pure instinct or reading of the game. Players can always improve finishing though! DCL has so much potential, but he does need to work on finishing, decision making and keeping calm when 1 on 1. What also counts with certain players is the system they play in some systems just do not bring out the best in certain players.

January 19, 2019, 07:24:42 PM
Reply #49

gizzblue

I rekon finishing is an individual thing ...we've all seen Jelavic bag loads but bang loads high and wide too .

Rashford has many more goals than Kane did at his age ...do I think Rashford is a better finisher nope ....he may be by the time hes Kane's age though .

Now before anyone starts saying DCL is nowhere near these two .....I do understand this ,but at the same time havnt a clue what the future holds .... look at Salahs (hate to use a redshite) early years he couldn't hit his own arse with a banjo ....
so imho finishing can be taught as can any most parts of the game ...but think it's confidence mostly ...DCL never thought about his last goal just stroked it (all beit deflected) home .
Born not made a blue .

January 19, 2019, 07:41:28 PM
Reply #50

Macca77

Scores again today

January 19, 2019, 07:50:19 PM
Reply #51

boothill

I rekon finishing is an individual thing ...we've all seen Jelavic bag loads but bang loads high and wide too .

Rashford has many more goals than Kane did at his age ...do I think Rashford is a better finisher nope ....he may be by the time hes Kane's age though .
was it deflected ? ive only seen it at the match, aint seen it on tv yet

Now before anyone starts saying DCL is nowhere near these two .....I do understand this ,but at the same time havnt a clue what the future holds .... look at Salahs (hate to use a redshite) early years he couldn't hit his own arse with a banjo ....
so imho finishing can be taught as can any most parts of the game ...but think it's confidence mostly ...DCL never thought about his last goal just stroked it (all beit deflected) home .
was it deflected ?  ive only seen it at the match, aint seen it on tv yet
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 07:52:07 PM by boothill »

January 19, 2019, 08:11:29 PM
Reply #52

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I mean, I get why some have doubts about his ability.

The real point I'm trying to make is that, even in the face of uncertainty about how good a young player actually is, we can create value for ourselves by giving them lots of minutes, which is the main factor that drives development.

Especially when we're safely mid-table and the alternatives in their position aren't that good.

I dont disagree with that in our current position, with our current options.

Ideally for me though wed be sending him out on loan for a while, much as Kane did.

January 19, 2019, 08:37:51 PM
Reply #53

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
And thinking 14 games as a lone frontman in the premier league is enough to form such a strong opinion of a 21 year old lolol lolol

I'm assuming you're referring to my post above, given the 14 games thing, but I didn't actually give an opinion of him in it, let alone a strong one.

All I said was I think he's been given a chance and had regular games. That's it. Which I still think is fair comment given that he played more games than anyone else last season.

If you're asking for my opinion on him though, personally, while he has potential I don't think as yet he's someone we should be relying on in such a lynchpin position. That doesn't mean he's terrible, or it's not understandable given his age, I just think he needs regular game time but he's not well rounded enough as a player that we shouldn't be looking to bring in a forward who is further along in their development who would be our first choice. Ideally, much like Kane who people are drawing comparisons with, my ideal for him would be go out on loan for a full season. Then we can see how he's doing, try him out again, perhaps give him another loan if needed.

I don't think I'm alone in that view, given that Silva and Brands are seemingly interested in signing another forward at this very moment given the Michy Batshuayi information we have to date. Whether Batshuayi is the answer or not is for debate, but they apparently think DCL isn't ready yet either given that we more often than not elect to play a midfielder in the striker role in so many games this season.

Not wanting him to be our no.1 starting striker every week at his age does not mean I think he's crap, but he does need game time.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 08:44:40 PM by blueToffee »

January 19, 2019, 08:48:34 PM
Reply #54

gizzblue

was it deflected ?  ive only seen it at the match, aint seen it on tv yet

Yeah deffo deflected  :thumbsup:
Born not made a blue .

January 19, 2019, 08:49:40 PM
Reply #55

KoemansNumberTens

I struggle to think of 1 great performance from him so its not just consistency

January 19, 2019, 10:02:28 PM
Reply #56

gizzblue

WOW!
Not like you to slate any of our own .. 

Oh wait  lolol
Born not made a blue .

January 19, 2019, 10:13:49 PM
Reply #57

boothill

I struggle to think of 1 great performance from him so it's not just consistency
I struggle to think of a great performance from any of them over the past 4 years

Sent from my FLOW_5 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 19, 2019, 10:29:24 PM
Reply #58

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

To be fair your posting history suggests that you only watch the games that we lose, every time we have a good result youre working 😉

January 19, 2019, 11:44:14 PM
Reply #59

Thomas

He could be good

He could also become Jack Rodwell, who looked good, then just tailed off.