October 21, 2019, 08:00:07 PM

Author Topic: Dcl  (Read 10217 times)

January 19, 2019, 11:54:19 PM
Reply #60

Lxxx

Heís not good enough, at present, for what we need but as an option to develop up top heís a better fit than the lad we paid £40m+ for or the other one we paid £25m for.

January 20, 2019, 01:14:46 AM
Reply #61

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

January 20, 2019, 01:17:50 AM
Reply #62

gizzblue

Looking forward to this guy being here

https://twitter.com/henryconyekuru/status/1086701476058226688

Can't happen soon enough ...we could do with him now tbh
Born not made a blue .

January 20, 2019, 01:49:20 AM
Reply #63

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
If thereís one thing this squad needs itís a promising left winger.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 20, 2019, 03:56:24 AM
Reply #64

Ravardo

Give the boy a break ffs he had a run of games last season under 2 non attacking managers and was ran all over thr gaff chasing mainly nothing balls and this season we havent exactly been prolific in front of goal have we...how many chances did we create today

January 20, 2019, 03:59:27 AM
Reply #65

toshyboy

DCL undoubtedly the best suited to playing up front in the current squad. He should be starting until a new striker comes in. Richarlison is no number 9

January 20, 2019, 03:59:56 AM
Reply #66

Martip

Give the boy a break ffs he had a run of games last season under 2 non attacking managers and was ran all over thr gaff chasing mainly nothing balls and this season we havent exactly been prolific in front of goal have we...how many chances did we create today
Agree to a certain extent but there's surely a reason Silva has preferred to ruin Richarlison s form rather than start dcl ? I literally go so up and down about him....1 game I think he's a good prospect then the next a busy fool.

January 20, 2019, 05:09:00 AM
Reply #67

Thomas

DCL undoubtedly the best suited to playing up front in the current squad. He should be starting until a new striker comes in. Richarlison is no number 9
Must damage his confidence not been picked and a winger is being picked as CF instead.

January 20, 2019, 05:09:51 AM
Reply #68

Thomas

Just to give us an idea of how 'good' he is at the moment

If someone bid for DCL what would be your asking price? Baring in mind Solanke (I thinK) was in the same England Youth World Cup winning team and cost £19m for Bournemouth.

January 20, 2019, 05:12:31 AM
Reply #69

Thomas

Agree to a certain extent but there's surely a reason Silva has preferred to ruin Richarlison s form rather than start dcl ? I literally go so up and down about him....1 game I think he's a good prospect then the next a busy fool.

Like yourself i want the lad to succeed. I just genuinely can't decide if he flatters to deceive or he's actually good. (potentially).

He was brave enough to play up on his own out of nowhere last season which was a tough ask especially when he wasn't ready and for that I respect him.

January 20, 2019, 05:40:47 AM
Reply #70

Shogun

Administrator
Couldn't be more obvious that we need to play him every week from now on until the end of the season assuming no striker comes in.

January 20, 2019, 07:46:52 AM
Reply #71

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Couldn't be more obvious that we need to play him every week from now on until the end of the season assuming no striker comes in.

Could do. I'm not sure I care all that much either way. However, is some argument to the fact we played more effective (or so it seemed) attacking football at the beginning of the season (albeit still splattered with silly mistakes) with Tosun up top and Richarlison out wide. Tosun wasn't scoring but we seemed to be more of an overall threat. Richarlison added a lot of graft and fight on the wing. This was pre-Bernard and Gomes too.

Maybe I'm being to kind to our earliest attacking displays this season.

January 20, 2019, 12:57:33 PM
Reply #72

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Could do. I'm not sure I care all that much either way. However, is some argument to the fact we played more effective (or so it seemed) attacking football at the beginning of the season (albeit still splattered with silly mistakes) with Tosun up top and Richarlison out wide. Tosun wasn't scoring but we seemed to be more of an overall threat. Richarlison added a lot of graft and fight on the wing. This was pre-Bernard and Gomes too.

Maybe I'm being to kind to our earliest attacking displays this season.

Think we had similar issues in terms of control attacking wise at home vs the teams that sat in.

Away, yes it seemed like set piece defending/ ref decisions/ mistakes were costing us points.

We have played well with Richarlison up front and we havenít too.

Basically not sure thereís an obvious case either way :eh:

My main problem with just picking DCL is that the crowd wonít just accept poor games as a learning curve for a young player (see Daviesí treatment). And up front you really canít let your confidence take a battering.

Part of that problem of course is that he isnít consistent at hold up play vs set, physical defences which is our main problem.

March 18, 2019, 01:20:20 AM
Reply #73

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Doing well at present.

First half, with overall uselessness, weakness in hold up play etc were exposed.

But second was much more like it and following up the last couple of weeksí good performances.

Need to stop stressing whether heís going to turn into Kane or Lukaku.

Looks like Silva is going to pick him for the rest of the season, so a good chance to get mins under his belt.

March 18, 2019, 01:25:16 AM
Reply #74

Bally

Administrator
I love DCL he's got a lot to his game and will come good, we just have to stick with him, his hold up play is improving by the game, his speed is brilliant and he started getting his head up at the right time.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

It's the roll I way