February 17, 2019, 01:20:36 PM

Author Topic: [News]PSG step up pursuit of Gana Gueye  (Read 14259 times)

January 22, 2019, 10:27:12 PM
Read 14259 times

NewsBot

Global Moderator
PSG step up pursuit of Gana Gueye

Everton have reportedly rejected an opening bid of around £25m from Paris St Germain for Idrissa Gana Gueye, but it is expected that more bids will come in before the end of the January transfer window.

Source: PSG step up pursuit of Gana Gueye

January 22, 2019, 10:43:10 PM
Reply #1

Macca77

Double it and we'll shake hands

January 23, 2019, 12:40:48 AM
Reply #2

Mayor Farnum

Have they got anyone we could realistically take as part of the deal?

January 23, 2019, 12:43:27 AM
Reply #3

Martip

Have they got anyone we could realistically take as part of the deal?
Apparently we told them where to go when they tried to offload Neymar as part of the deal. Thank goodness for that.

January 23, 2019, 12:47:27 AM
Reply #4

Macca77

Cash plus a kid called Mbappe, cheeky frogs

January 23, 2019, 01:33:28 AM
Reply #5

BlueForYou

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

January 23, 2019, 03:45:52 AM
Reply #6

kramer0

They actually don't have a lot of options for a partial swap.

Verratti (never happening)
Di Maria (same)
Rabiot (eventually leaving, would be a brilliant addition but will go to a bigger club)
Draxler (imagine squeezing him into same midfield as Gomes and Sigurdsson; no defending would happen)
Lassana Diarra (old and probably not good either)
Antoine Bernende (19 year old with two first team appearances; we have more experienced youngsters on the books already)

I now understand their interest in Gana. They have about three players of the requisite quality for what they want to accomplish, one of whom appears to have been frozen out (Rabiot), and none are particularly strong defensively.

Meunier would be the best shout for someone we could use but he's already 27 and fullbacks age rapidly.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 05:24:55 AM by kramer0 »

January 23, 2019, 05:53:47 AM
Reply #7

Ramjam

Apparently we told them where to go when they tried to offload Neymar as part of the deal. Thank goodness for that.
Can you imagine the off the field antics of besties Neymar and Richarlison? Itíd be like Lukaku and Pogba

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 23, 2019, 02:42:02 PM
Reply #8

Hesmenos

With the whole Rabiot situation escalating at PSG, I wonder if we could ask for him on loan until the summer as part of the Gueye deal.
We get cover for the position until we can find a replacement in the summer.
PSG won't have to let him train with the first team again.
Rabiot won't have to sit out for 6 months until he gets his summer move.
Only down side I can see is that he seems to be a bit of a twat and could be a disruption in the team and I don't know how motivated he'll be knowing hes off somewhere else in the summer.

January 23, 2019, 03:36:24 PM
Reply #9

Waltzer

With the whole Rabiot situation escalating at PSG, I wonder if we could ask for him on loan until the summer as part of the Gueye deal.
We get cover for the position until we can find a replacement in the summer.
PSG won't have to let him train with the first team again.
Rabiot won't have to sit out for 6 months until he gets his summer move.
Only down side I can see is that he seems to be a bit of a twat and could be a disruption in the team and I don't know how motivated he'll be knowing hes off somewhere else in the summer.

There are more downsides, he hasnt trained with the first team for a while, hasnt hardly played and it will take him a fair few weeks/months to get up to speed, by which time he'll be off to Barca anyway

January 23, 2019, 03:39:13 PM
Reply #10

Lxxx

Anything north of £30m and I think we'll take it. It's around his market value and we need to freshen up the squad. I'm just not sure about using that cash for Batshuayi though.   

January 23, 2019, 03:56:54 PM
Reply #11

Macca77

Anything north of £30m and I think we'll take it. It's around his market value and we need to freshen up the squad. I'm just not sure about using that cash for Batshuayi though.   

They can afford it, 30 million plus a player would be even better

January 23, 2019, 04:52:57 PM
Reply #12

TheTone

Got to have a midfielder lined up surely, seeing as though he doesn't play Davies anymore and jibbed Morgan off

January 23, 2019, 05:22:55 PM
Reply #13

NickNack

That would give me serious concerns about Brands... we seem light in midfield as it is so if they do let Gana go he surely needs to be replaced as a priority over Batshuayi

January 23, 2019, 05:31:14 PM
Reply #14

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
That would give me serious concerns about Brands... we seem light in midfield as it is so if they do let Gana go he surely needs to be replaced as a priority over Batshuayi

Who said that he doesnít have a replacement lined up in the event that Gana should go ?