July 23, 2019, 01:12:02 AM

Author Topic: [News]PSG step up pursuit of Gana Gueye  (Read 17768 times)

February 01, 2019, 07:32:56 PM
Reply #300

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Would have sold him for that but then it’s not me who has the responsibility for taking the flack when goals are conceded through not having a proper dm.

On the flip side, they should have come in earlier and/ or with more money. Equally he could have submitted a transfer request earlier.

Overall I’d say we must have had a valuation that we would sell at (probably higher in Jan that it will be in the summer for a number of reasons), they didn’t meet that so fair enough.

It was reported a few weeks ago that we’d be open to a revamp in the summer so I’d say that’s still on the cards.

February 01, 2019, 07:46:34 PM
Reply #301

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
Getting a move to PSG would have been a huge step for him. I would imagine his native language is french, which I am sure he would prefer, and although the french league isn't great, being in the champions league is every player's dream.

However, we have done the right thing. The offer was far too low in today's market, and if he wants to go, I would prefer this to be done in the summer when there is time to pick up a proper replacement.

February 01, 2019, 08:01:50 PM
Reply #302

Dr. Sponge

I feel sorry for him. We can't accept deals we don't want for our good players while being stuck with the deals we don't want for our bad 1s though

It's tough and playing for Everton isn't as good as playing for PSG but it's nowhere near the worst job in the world

I have to disagree. Playing for Everton is the greatest thing on earth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

February 01, 2019, 08:08:43 PM
Reply #303

Mayor Farnum

PSG aren't Barcelona for fuck's sake! They're just one of many clubs that's in a league that virtually guarantees them CL every year.

February 01, 2019, 08:24:25 PM
Reply #304

KoemansNumberTens

PSG aren't Barcelona for fuck's sake! They're just one of many clubs that's in a league that virtually guarantees them CL every year.

That’s really not true. They are 1 of the best sides in the world. You make them sound like Celtic

February 01, 2019, 08:28:09 PM
Reply #305

Macca77

They're 13 points clear in the table having played 2 games less than the teams in 2nd and 3rd. Ligue 1 is piss poor

February 01, 2019, 08:36:01 PM
Reply #306

KoemansNumberTens

They're 13 points clear in the table having played 2 games less than the teams in 2nd and 3rd. Ligue 1 is piss poor

It is but they are still a great team and in with a reasonable chance of winning the champions league

February 01, 2019, 08:36:11 PM
Reply #307

Mayor Farnum

That’s really not true. They are 1 of the best sides in the world. You make them sound like Celtic

Celtic would be bigger if they had the financial windfall PSG are benefitting from.

Gana signed a new contract recently; if he thought he was worth such a move he should of negotiated a release clause. A clause that would have cost him money at the time.

February 01, 2019, 08:44:36 PM
Reply #308

KoemansNumberTens

Celtic would be bigger if they had the financial windfall PSG are benefitting from.

Gana signed a new contract recently; if he thought he was worth such a move he should of negotiated a release clause. A clause that would have cost him money at the time.

Totally agree he should be held to his contract unless we got the fee we wanted

Doesn’t mean we need to downplay a move to PSG. There’s only about 5 bigger teams currently. Maybe not even that

February 02, 2019, 12:06:54 AM
Reply #309

gizzblue

I'm truly hoping it's Marcel Brands influence. ....fancy us 'Everton' not being forced to sell a player who allegedly wants out . :thumbsup:

Born not made a blue .

February 02, 2019, 01:17:14 AM
Reply #310

Evertonian in NC

I think their Goal Differential is 53 or so, just ridiculous.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 02, 2019, 01:59:06 AM
Reply #311

bluenuck

wow. Didn't realise I was in the vast Minority.

I think we should have sold...

February 15, 2019, 10:47:46 PM
Reply #312

Waltzer

Idrissa Gueye has revealed to L’Equipe he wants to quit Everton at the end of the season

The Merseysiders blocked the Senegal midfielder from quitting for Paris Saint-Germain in the January transfer window even though he pushed hard for a move.

Gueye expressed his sadness at being denied a move to the European giants but explained he will redouble his efforts to get a a marquee transfer from Goodison Park in the summer.

“It is a dream that sadly did not come true,” Gueye told French newspaper L’Equipe. “Every player works to join the best teams, to play in such matches in the Champions’ League. But I was honoured that PSG were interested in me.

“Now, I know that I am of interest to these types of clubs, that I am ready to go to the final level to join a top European club. I am going to work even more so that they come back to me. Maybe it is not finished with PSG.”

Gueye explained how Everton refused to let him move in January.

“They put the brakes on immediately,” he added to L’Equipe. “I pushed. I told the club I wanted to take this golden opportunity to go to Paris. A huge challenge, especially at the age of 29.”

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

February 15, 2019, 11:04:29 PM
Reply #313

Macca77

Stupid of us to turn that sort of money down, will end up going for a lot less in the summer

February 15, 2019, 11:08:03 PM
Reply #314

Waltzer

Stupid of us to turn that sort of money down, will end up going for a lot less in the summer
Yep, think it was a bad decision for all to keep him

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app