February 17, 2019, 01:20:27 PM

Poll

Should Everton sack Marco Silva?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Silva Out  (Read 34601 times)

Redartin and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

February 11, 2019, 11:37:13 PM
Reply #1245

BlueBeagle

He's a super player for teams that don't have the ball much and only get a handful of attacking opportunities per match to actually score a goal.

Which is not something we should aspire to.

So Swansea were a team known for having no ball when he was doing well there?

Not that I recall. The last season maybe.

February 11, 2019, 11:40:52 PM
Reply #1246

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Differences in games are generally very tight.

It doesn’t take a great uplift in form/ confidence/ whatever and players suddenly look very different.

As with the team overall, it’s easier to just be organised and not have much ambition.

The big hurdle for us as a club/ team and the individual players by extension, is the ability to dominate games while still being solid.

We’re expected to do that (and more) and that puts pressure (witness general perception of Watford is that they’re having a great season and are great to watch. Having just beat us are only 4 pts ahead) onto something that is difficult if you don’t have the manager/ players of the teams at the very top.

February 11, 2019, 11:53:03 PM
Reply #1247

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

February 11, 2019, 11:54:48 PM
Reply #1248

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Swerve
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 11, 2019, 11:56:03 PM
Reply #1249

Shogun

Administrator
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 11, 2019, 11:57:14 PM
Reply #1250

BlueForYou

Double swerve
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

February 11, 2019, 11:58:30 PM
Reply #1251

Lxxx

Just get a grip on the set piece shitstorm and things won’t look too bad. If we get back to only conceding the league average from set pieces we can start to gain some confidence again and not be chasing games.

Players like Richarlison look shot at the minute, if we can get back to being in games for a lot longer they’d be more confident to go out and express themselves, instead of conceding cheap goals which brings it’s own nervousness.

February 12, 2019, 12:01:11 AM
Reply #1252

BlueForYou

Silva seems shot
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

February 12, 2019, 12:15:42 AM
Reply #1253

eyesalwaysblue

Silva seems shot
Maybe never really loaded..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

February 12, 2019, 01:05:44 AM
Reply #1254

Evertonian in NC

Stopped reading at the headline.  Fuck Mourinho and his spoiled brat antics.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 12, 2019, 01:11:41 AM
Reply #1255

Cozzie

Suggests Danny Murphy lol.

February 12, 2019, 02:13:30 AM
Reply #1256

GrantyBoy78

For those that are willing to give him time: does this season’s final league position have any bearing on your stance?

Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

February 12, 2019, 02:20:36 AM
Reply #1257

GrantyBoy78

I'm not having that most of our players are shit.

Any team would struggle if their manager repeatedly sent them out a man down in the midfield area.

Agreed, but they’re not of a level whereby they can just turn up and expect to win the majority of games, either - which is something the fans, manager and the players seem to think.

I wouldn’t say our best 11 is light years ahead of, say, Palace’s or Leicester’s.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

February 12, 2019, 02:25:48 AM
Reply #1258

Lxxx

Even though it'd be a backward step to sack him now and have no full-time replacement to step into the breach, I do wonder how much longer he can get by without winning football matches though. We can only keep saying 'It's okay we're 8th' then 'It's fine we're 9th' to '12th isn't disastrous' …. for so long before pressure begins to mount from all quarters.

February 12, 2019, 02:37:38 AM
Reply #1259

Paddockoldie

Stopped reading at “Suggests Danny Murphy”

Pisses me right off when the Echo has red shite commenting on us. They don't have blues on their site.