July 21, 2019, 09:44:34 PM

Poll

Should Everton sack Marco Silva?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Silva Out  (Read 76454 times)

July 12, 2019, 07:03:29 PM
Reply #2085

Bluedylan

Fucking hell, think they spell every name wrong.

I know you hate that, as well.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 12, 2019, 07:09:21 PM
Reply #2086

Macca77

This was a masterpiece from the early pages, both in form and content.

I thought it was concise and very well written.

July 12, 2019, 07:09:36 PM
Reply #2087

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos l Everton!

July 12, 2019, 07:13:25 PM
Reply #2088

Macca77

This gif always reminds me of my ex wife, the mad slag

July 12, 2019, 07:17:38 PM
Reply #2089

TheTone

Honestly. This thread is just the three same posters copy/pasting the same post over and over again for 90 fucking pages.

lolol

July 12, 2019, 08:19:11 PM
Reply #2090

stirlingblue

Whilst we did look better towards the end of last season, Id probably wait til weve seen how this season progresses before you all start patting yourselves on the back

July 12, 2019, 08:24:05 PM
Reply #2091

KoemansNumberTens

Did anyone actually really back him. Don't remember too many saying he was absolutely the right man and he'd turn it around. Just loads of there's no point sacking him because the seasons a write off already and we've sacked too many managers and can't keep doing it. Hands up who said he'd do great long term

July 12, 2019, 08:32:24 PM
Reply #2092

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Jesus. Who woke up this fucking thread.

July 12, 2019, 08:33:09 PM
Reply #2093

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Happy birthday boss :cheers:

Hope youre pleased with yourself.

July 12, 2019, 08:34:48 PM
Reply #2094

Robioto

Did anyone actually really back him. Don't remember too many saying he was absolutely the right man and he'd turn it around. Just loads of there's no point sacking him because the seasons a write off already and we've sacked too many managers and can't keep doing it. Hands up who said he'd do great long term

I personally never wrote him off, just said he should be be allowed to see the season out and have a chance to turn it around, which he did in my opinion.

Now I have faith in our management and recruitment team.

Who cares now though really, we should be focusing on looking forward to the new season and our summer transfers.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 08:36:06 PM by Robioto »

July 12, 2019, 08:42:16 PM
Reply #2095

gizzblue

I deffo never lost faith ...but never expected such an amazing turn around either .

Long may it continue .
Born not made a blue .

July 12, 2019, 08:58:46 PM
Reply #2096

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Whilst we did look better towards the end of last season, Id probably wait til weve seen how this season progresses before you all start patting yourselves on the back

To be fair, you wanted him sacked six months into the gig, and the general response was give him time and take stock at the end of the season.

Dont think anyone has made any sort of long term prediction about him, so conversely, if things do go wrong dont be giving it the I Told you so
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 12, 2019, 09:02:48 PM
Reply #2097

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
No one went all in for him because we've all been burnt too many times of late, a few of us were all in for Martinez and he fucked it up, then Koeman and less said about Allardyce the better. Silva has had a bit of an uphill struggle

July 12, 2019, 09:04:07 PM
Reply #2098

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I never lost faith, I was a firm believer that he needed time, I stand by that but I also feel that them home games have painted over a dew cracks. Im not overly worried about transfers yet but at present we are weaker than last season, that needs fixing

I am confident that Brands will bring players in though and I still think Silva can create a consistent side, lets hope so anyway
Simply simply lovely

July 12, 2019, 09:08:19 PM
Reply #2099

Lxxx

Most managers are only a few months away from a sacking. Koeman finished 7th after having an outside chance of 4th for a long time but he was gone not long into the following season.

There's no point in making any sort of predictions with the fickle nature of football these days. Enjoy the good runs and hope the bad ones don't last too long and that's about all we can ask for, as long as we have people above the playing side with some sort of a plan.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 09:09:23 PM by Lxxx »