June 17, 2019, 03:40:58 AM

Poll

Should Everton sack Marco Silva?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Silva Out  (Read 72614 times)

January 27, 2019, 01:49:23 AM
Reply #30

Macca77

Big Sam in

Fuck off your stupid cunts

January 27, 2019, 01:51:12 AM
Reply #31

markB

I'd sack him and replace him with all the boss managers that post on this forum.

did they all not want this manager that took one team down and got sacked at the other team

a lot will cry give him time and that would be ok if he was a manager that had proven form in this league but he has not got that

my biggest worry is that even if we do sack him the next guy will be MADE play this fucking crap 4231 shit

and forget about signing Gomes you can see it in his play now he is never signing for us

January 27, 2019, 01:51:59 AM
Reply #32

Mayor Farnum

No, patience affords you the ability to make a rational judgement.

Sometimes yes. Glad we we're impatient were Mike Walker was concerned.

January 27, 2019, 01:53:00 AM
Reply #33

Jamokachi

Sometimes yes. Glad we we're impatient were Mike Walker was concerned.

But we're not in dire straights, so the comparison is pointless.

January 27, 2019, 01:54:09 AM
Reply #34

stirlingblue

Big Sam in

Fuck off your stupid cunts

Fuck off yourself Macca.

Iím fed up of the elitist attitude that people who dare question the manager are Ďbig samí fans.

Thereís a middle ground between idiots like Allardyce who are dinosaurs, and idiots like Silva who ignore the fundamentals.

It absolutely stifles debate on here if people just dismiss opinions because they disagree with them.

What have you seen from Silva that makes you think heís going to be able to turn it around?

Weíve got a squad full of international level players who are clearly top half Prem material at the very least, yet heís getting less out of them than previous managers have done. The squad is unbalanced yes, but at the very least the manager should have them well drilled and motivated.

January 27, 2019, 01:54:50 AM
Reply #35

Mayor Farnum

No it isn't. Some people prove to be out of their depth sooner than others.

January 27, 2019, 01:54:58 AM
Reply #36

Macca77

Fucking arseholes

January 27, 2019, 01:55:41 AM
Reply #37

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Ideally he can show he's able address some of the issues by the end of the season. I'd start on defence.

Don't think there is a chance we're giving him the boot though.

January 27, 2019, 01:57:34 AM
Reply #38

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
Genuine. Forget the Liverpool connection (easier said than done!) and who would you choose, it's a no brainer imo. I just want the best manager we can, I thought /hoped Silva was it, but I'm rapidly losing faith

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Come on man, I'm not sure where to even start with this one.

First off, Silva deserves a full season and then Brands should take stock in the summer. He's not impressed me so far and the zonal marking, alongside a reluctance to alter a badly performing midfield worries me. However moving Richarlison back out wide and playing DCL up top was a good move.

I'm not qualified or particular studious to know about alternatives, however what I do know is that Benitez is not a viable option.

Although I find it difficult, I can leave the Shite connections and the way he spoke about our club  at the door. I don't want him near our club because he's a negative dinosaur of a manager.

People complaining about three shots on goal today would be pining for those days with him in charge.

I know that emotions are high in the aftermath of going out to a shitty championship team, however we should still have perspective. We won't gain anything from sacking him now and I also trust that Brands knows what he's doing and also knows what Silva will deliver for us in the long term.

January 27, 2019, 01:57:57 AM
Reply #39

Bluedylan

Not up for sacking him but it's fair enough that he's under a bit of pressure. It hasn't been good enough for quite a while now.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

January 27, 2019, 01:59:03 AM
Reply #40

Bwana

The thing is there's a kind of vacuum in the middle of our formation and it's been there for the whole season. The opponents pass by our midfield time after time, our stoppers are being instructed to rush forward to close down but when one does and misses it, the other one has no chance to cover. Set pieces... What can I say? Garbage.

Then going forward we have absolutely no idea showing, just random stuff. We're drilling in the crosses but no-one is going for them.

All of these have been visible from  the day one and nothing has been done. I'm afraid that if this guy is been given more time, it's going to be the same story next season. This starts to resemble Bobby Brown-shoe's last year and a half. I don't like the idea of changing manager again in the middle of the season but something needs to be done. Now.
Well there may be no score, but there's certainly no lack of excitement here. As you can see, Nietzsche has just been booked for arguing with the referee. He accused Confucius of having no free will, and Confucius he say, "Name go in book". And this is Nietzsche's third booking in four games.

January 27, 2019, 02:05:32 AM
Reply #41

Waltzer

Come on man, I'm not sure where to even start with this one.

First off, Silva deserves a full season and then Brands should take stock in the summer. He's not impressed me so far and the zonal marking, alongside a reluctance to alter a badly performing midfield worries me. However moving Richarlison back out wide and playing DCL up top was a good move.

I'm not qualified or particular studious to know about alternatives, however what I do know is that Benitez is not a viable option.

Although I find it difficult, I can leave the Shite connections and the way he spoke about our club  at the door. I don't want him near our club because he's a negative dinosaur of a manager.

People complaining about three shots on goal today would be pining for those days with him in charge.

I know that emotions are high in the aftermath of going out to a shitty championship team, however we should still have perspective. We won't gain anything from sacking him now and I also trust that Brands knows what he's doing and also knows what Silva will deliver for us in the long term.
Valid points, I just think he'd do the fundamentals right, get us right at the back, but he's also got a proven track record of success and would be a realistic possibility. Yes, the football might not be thrilling, but I don't think we're in a position to deliver that regardless of who we have in charge as we don't have a squad comparable to Liverpool,  City, Spurs etc. We need to learn to walk before we try to run and I think our appointments are trying to forgo that step.
I am all for giving Silva the rest of the season, we have nothing to lose, but given the fact there is little pressure and loads of preparation time now in between games if things don't pick up I see no option but to replace him after this.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 27, 2019, 02:06:23 AM
Reply #42

Martip

I'm interested on where you find your endless patience that so brilliantly compliments your wit....do you think he's done a good job so far ?

January 27, 2019, 02:10:46 AM
Reply #43

stirlingblue

I stand by my opinion on this but I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me think twice when I check who has liked my posts...

Nothing against anybody personally but itís folk who Iím usually on the opposite side of the argument to

January 27, 2019, 02:12:43 AM
Reply #44

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I'm interested on where you find your endless patience that so brilliantly compliments your wit....do you think he's done a good job so far ?

No manager will be good enough for fans like you. We are in a mess from last season, this is going to take time to sort. We will never know which managers can and canít sort things out if we get shot after six months. Glad Kendall was not around as manager first time now. Heíd have been gone
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers: