February 17, 2019, 02:36:14 PM

Poll

Should Everton sack Marco Silva?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Silva Out  (Read 34632 times)

January 27, 2019, 02:36:47 AM
Reply #60

Mayor Farnum

Sack him for what ....getting reffed out of another game ...come on ffs yes today was shite yes we were poor by all means ...DCL can't hold a ball up to save his life Should've been Tosun from the start....Richarlson was better out wide (were he should stay) and we can all are zonal is hurting us ,but yet again the ref was clueless as to 2 pen shouts for obvious fouls at set pieces ...it shouldn't have got to half time at 1-1 ..then the blatant handles goal....it's still a learning curve for Silva, hes still got a shed load of shit to deal with ...yes the fundamentals are flawed at the minute ...but everything takes time .

Anybody remember Alex fergusons first year everyone calling for his head ....
Peps first year at city was poor too ...
we need time to get things right .. not saying Silva is anywhere near them but time proves to be a good thing.

It's never going to happen with a new man in every five fucking minutes.
Maybe us older gens just have more patience than the want it all nows ,yes we all hurt when its shit ....we've been here for years without money before.....it's gonna take time and a bit of monkey fucking a football for a while before it comes good .

Keep calm and carry on ....an all that.

Ferguson and Pep have a track record. They weren't hired on a hunch.

January 27, 2019, 02:39:18 AM
Reply #61

stirlingblue

But this in reality is exactly my point  how many teams that change managers every five minutes have any success ?.....none in the top six ...Man u have fallen from grace since they started chopping and changing too in reality .... regardless of how much the game has changed it still stands .

Chelsea change managers often, and always challenge in the top four, it also seems to work quite well for Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Also, if you’re challenging at the top of the league you’re unlikely to want to change your manager.

January 27, 2019, 02:41:40 AM
Reply #62

indiantoffee1975

We'll get the required points 6-7 to stay up so there is no point in making a change.I think things however are going to get far worse particularly the remaining home fixtures. We look on course for our lowest points total since 03-04.

Club has to make a serious decision in the summer as to whether Silva is the man to be backed by serious funding and sticking with his playing philosophy or look elsewhere.

January 27, 2019, 02:43:48 AM
Reply #63

Lxxx

Not doing himself any favours at the minute is he.

January 27, 2019, 02:44:00 AM
Reply #64

KoemansNumberTens

But this in reality is exactly my point  how many teams that change managers every five minutes have any success ?.....none in the top six ...Man u have fallen from grace since they started chopping and changing too in reality .... regardless of how much the game has changed it still stands .

Utd have fallen from grace cos they’ve appointed a load of shit managers.

January 27, 2019, 02:45:00 AM
Reply #65

plumber

As one of the biggest Silva's critics here I can say that sacking him now would be absolutely pointless.

I just hope if the miracle won't happen and he won't turn things around, he'll be dumped in the summer.  We can't afford another season ruined.

January 27, 2019, 02:46:01 AM
Reply #66

Bob Latcford

My first post guys. I have been a Blue since 1966 and tonight I question my allegiance, we have not defended Set pieces well for two seasons, and tonight was so bad it was shocking.

I never bought into the Silva appointment as he as never proved anything. Just ask yourself, he has top class defenders at his disposal (Keene not included) yet he continues with Zonel marking which non of defenders implement, I just think he is tactically inept, and if we continue we will drop into the danger zone this season.

Gaye was knocked off the ball all to easily tonight, Sigurdsson was no where to be seen again Gomez struggling with out a ball winner by his side. Seamus showed signs he is getting back and Digne is a keeper. Keene to me is a total liability slow and inept to read the game. All in all I think we are back where we started post RK, and I do not know how long Moshri will stand it.

January 27, 2019, 02:52:33 AM
Reply #67

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Look, if we had been given a pen for the shirt pulling on Zouma and their handball goal had correctly been disallowed this fucking thread would nt even exist.

January 27, 2019, 02:56:43 AM
Reply #68

KoemansNumberTens

Look, if we had been given a pen for the shirt pulling on Zouma and their handball goal had correctly been disallowed this fucking thread would nt even exist.

It would still be equally shite though. We deserved a bit more today but again the performance was poor.

January 27, 2019, 02:59:10 AM
Reply #69

plumber

Yeah, apart from that it was an outstanding game and we've been great in general recently.

January 27, 2019, 03:00:32 AM
Reply #70

Lxxx

If we’d have got beat 1-0 I’d have said you might have had a point. We conceded three times against a pretty poor side two divisions below us and managed three shots on target all game.

It wasn’t really good enough all round tonight was it?

January 27, 2019, 03:05:54 AM
Reply #71

stirlingblue

Nothing wrong with their goal, no way would that be given as handball even with VAR

January 27, 2019, 03:08:53 AM
Reply #72

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think sacking him would serve any purpose at the moment, but I don't think it's an outrageous view to think he should get the boot to be honest and it's harsh to try to belittle people who think this.

Things have been getting progressively worse this season and there are serious issues that don't seem to be getting addressed whatsoever.  It's only because we've been such a shambles for the past few years that we're reluctant to fire the bullet again.  Under different circumstances, Silva's position would be becoming untenable now.

Of course though we should take the context in to account, and that's why I still think he at least needs to see out the season.  But let's be honest it's really not going very well is it? 

January 27, 2019, 03:10:18 AM
Reply #73

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
If we’d have got beat 1-0 I’d have said you might have had a point. We conceded three times against a pretty poor side two divisions below us and managed three shots on target all game.

It wasn’t really good enough all round tonight was it?

No it wasn’t, nor was I suggesting it was, I was simply stating what I belive to be true and that is that had we won 3-1 there would be no Silva out thread, Plumber, grow up.

January 27, 2019, 03:11:42 AM
Reply #74

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Chelsea change managers often, and always challenge in the top four, it also seems to work quite well for Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Also, if you’re challenging at the top of the league you’re unlikely to want to change your manager.

Completely different scenarios at those clubs because proven managers fall over themselves to go there.

As a relatively young manager there should be similar (it’s obviously different in terms of the singularity of the role and the responsibilities but still) approach to young players.

And changing every six months is less about you’ll eventually stumble across someone good, but more that there’s a good chance that you’ll miss the good one if they’re chucked out after a bad run.

That is the patience point.