February 17, 2019, 01:43:09 PM

Poll

Should Everton sack Marco Silva?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Silva Out  (Read 34612 times)

February 12, 2019, 09:49:38 PM
Reply #1290

Waltzer

I am watching Wolves thinking pace , movement , shots from all over , long passes , options for the midfielders , good crosses to bodies in the box. Thats a Manager with a plan and a style of play . None of that do I see when I watch Everton.

Granted, but they have the personnel to do that, we have Gueye who struggles to pass water, Walcott who struggles to do anything, Richarlison is in terrible form, we dont have a striker we just have a body stood up there, and Gomes and Sig whilst having quality are slower than my gran, its not a great formula for playing like that

February 12, 2019, 10:25:27 PM
Reply #1291

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
All of this seems to just be arguments about how badly we've bought last few years.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 12, 2019, 10:30:09 PM
Reply #1292

Bluedylan

All of this seems to just be arguments about how badly we've bought last few years.

Yep. Fairly tedious.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

February 12, 2019, 10:52:20 PM
Reply #1293

D15TIN

Granted, but they have the personnel to do that, we have Gueye who struggles to pass water, Walcott who struggles to do anything, Richarlison is in terrible form, we dont have a striker we just have a body stood up there, and Gomes and Sig whilst having quality are slower than my gran, its not a great formula for playing like that
Yeah I think if we had jimenez upfront all season, we'd probably have 6-9 more pts

February 12, 2019, 10:55:59 PM
Reply #1294

Evertonian in NC

And taking that misplaced anger out on Silva (though he hasn't done anything notable so far) is unwarranted.  For now.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 13, 2019, 12:06:48 AM
Reply #1295

indiantoffee1975

Wolves remind me of a side we had similar under Moyes, well drilled, do the basics correctly, play with high tempo and energy right until the final whistle , something that's been lacking in an Everton for four seasons now.

February 13, 2019, 12:20:28 AM
Reply #1296

eyesalwaysblue

And taking that misplaced anger out on Silva (though he hasn't done anything notable so far) is unwarranted.  For now.
Bit unfair, the substitution on saturday was very notable..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

February 13, 2019, 12:31:23 AM
Reply #1297

Evertonian in NC

Bit unfair, the substitution on saturday was very notable..

Agreed, it made me very, very angry.  But now that I've calmed down, just a questionable act, not a fireable offense.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 13, 2019, 12:42:19 AM
Reply #1298

eyesalwaysblue

Agreed, it made me very, very angry.  But now that I've calmed down, just a questionable act, not a fireable offense.
Fair enough mate let's just hope he felt the burn and learned from it, because it was bizarre.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

February 13, 2019, 03:48:37 AM
Reply #1299

Waltzer

Yeah I think if we had jimenez upfront all season, we'd probably have 6-9 more pts
Probably, the Watford game epitomised our need for a striker, Tosun had a few decent efforts, but the header by DCL was just woeful, any striker worth their salt at least gets it on target

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 03:50:23 AM by Waltzer »

February 13, 2019, 05:19:46 AM
Reply #1300

Bluerin

Wolves are a great example. Yes they have been up and down a bit which is normal for a promoted side finding their feet. The reality though is that we were the better team when we played them at the beginning of the season. Since then they've slowly improved and adapted. We've done the opposite.
Says it all really.
We started the new era with hope and dreaming of breaking into the top 6.
Now, two thirds of the season is gone, and we are clinging on by our finger tips to remaining in the second six.

February 13, 2019, 05:42:46 AM
Reply #1301

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Truly is silly season now...blag ITK's saying mourinho this week.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 13, 2019, 05:44:15 AM
Reply #1302

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

Everton fan as a kid apparently
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

February 13, 2019, 06:01:13 AM
Reply #1303

Thornton_19

I proper wonder sometimes why people pretend to have knowledge from inside the club.
Like if you want to pretend to be itk why be overly specific?
If you are a Wum why be so pathetic?

I just dont get it at all.

February 13, 2019, 06:26:23 AM
Reply #1304

stirlingblue

Wolves remind me of a side we had similar under Moyes, well drilled, do the basics correctly, play with high tempo and energy right until the final whistle , something that's been lacking in an Everton for four seasons now.

Even down to the touch of class in the hard working side provided by Arteta / Ruben Neves