February 17, 2019, 01:31:13 PM

Author Topic: [News]Should Everton sack Marco Silva?  (Read 1988 times)

January 27, 2019, 09:25:12 PM
Reply #15

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
So how do you “Silva out “ guys see this playing out ? We sack Silva after the Huddersfield game (seems some of you don’t even want to wait that long) make a panic appointment mid season because all the best managers are currently unemployed aren’t they ! or beg Unsy to be interim again ? OR, as we are in no danger of relegation you continue to cut the guy some slack to see if we can finish the season in that 7th or 8th position which was our expectation whilst allowing Brands to make sensible buys in the summer, no point in paying Silva half a seasons more compensation than necessary.

January 27, 2019, 09:31:36 PM
Reply #16

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

January 27, 2019, 09:40:26 PM
Reply #17

Bob Sacamano

In the same vein, if I made the same error repeatedly at work with no attempt to fix it I’d be sacked.

So you think Brands is just watching each weekend and not doing due diligence and critiquing Silva’s methodology 6 days out of 7? If Silva was doing what you said he’d already be gone.

He’s obviously trying something and there’s evidence to Brands and the board that have them not sacking him at this point. What you’re saying is that Brands is just sitting in his office tossing himself off and not even bothering to have discussions with Silva.

I think you’re just being a bit of a tit for the sake of it tbh.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 09:41:32 PM by Bob Sacamano »

January 27, 2019, 09:42:21 PM
Reply #18

Mayor Farnum

It is very typical of Everton fans that we are all just prepared to accept that Brands is brilliant.

January 27, 2019, 09:43:39 PM
Reply #19

Ross

He shouldn’t be getting the sack now.

But if results and performances continue to go down hill he’ll have a hell of task convincing people he should keep his job in the summer.

Little over 3 weeks back we were told by Moshiri he was a “big bet”, essentially a big gamble, and results weren’t up to scratch and since then they’ve gotten worse. Of course it’s fair and reasonable to be asking this sort of  question when the owners already saying it’s not good enough and he’s known for having an itchy trigger finger.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 27, 2019, 09:48:17 PM
Reply #20

Bob Sacamano

Even from the guys who I would consider the more negative contributors on here say he should get the full season and then reflect, so the ones screaming for blood are completely off their heads imo. No idea what they think would happen if we sacked yet another manager once the going got tough.

Show some bottle or at least a little bit of damn composure. It’s a little embarrassing don’t you think.

January 27, 2019, 09:49:40 PM
Reply #21

Bob Sacamano

It is very typical of Everton fans that we are all just prepared to accept that Brands is brilliant.

So we get rid of him after 6 months as well? People need an opportunity to do their bloody jobs.

January 27, 2019, 09:49:44 PM
Reply #22

Macca77

We haven't even sorted shit Watford yet

January 27, 2019, 09:50:45 PM
Reply #23

Mayor Farnum

So we get rid of him after 6 months as well? People need an opportunity to do their bloody jobs.

That's obviously exactly what I said.

January 27, 2019, 09:57:42 PM
Reply #24

Bob Sacamano

That's obviously exactly what I said.

So you’re typically assuming that he’s no good? I really don’t know what you meant otherwise. I only really ever recall you being massively pro-Allardyce so I think it taints how I read your posts.

January 27, 2019, 10:02:56 PM
Reply #25

Mayor Farnum

So you’re typically assuming that he’s no good? I really don’t know what you meant otherwise. I only really ever recall you being massively pro-Allardyce so I think it taints how I read your posts.

Hopefully he'll be very good but you must admit that we do go over the top when assessing the abilities of new arrivals. Pickford a case in point. Dinge is the current beneficiary, won't be long before his defending is called into question.

Yes I did support Allardyce but I've supported a lot of Everton managers; or given them a chance at least.

January 27, 2019, 10:10:43 PM
Reply #26

Waltzer

No, he should stay at least until the end of the season, but that said things have to change and change fast. In a month or so if we still look this bad then it might need changing

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 27, 2019, 10:13:23 PM
Reply #27

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Nah, it’s ridiculous to sack him at this point.

Get rhino in for a few games, appoint somebody with two and a half months of the season left. What’s the point in that?

Oh god no I wouldnt want that, don’t even want rhino anywhere near the U23’s let alone the first team.

If we lost at Huddersfield and they said ah he’s not worked he’s gone, it wouldn’t be like earth shaking news. Peoples have been sacked for less like.

I really don’t mind losing him and equally don’t mind the stick option, wait and see how he is with more of this squad sorted, but you just don’t survive continuous performances like this, doesn’t happen.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 27, 2019, 10:56:37 PM
Reply #28

Martip

They also need to give some indication they are capable of doing their jobs.

January 27, 2019, 11:19:07 PM
Reply #29

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He shouldn’t be getting the sack now.

But if results and performances continue to go down hill he’ll have a hell of task convincing people he should keep his job in the summer.

Little over 3 weeks back we were told by Moshiri he was a “big bet”, essentially a big gamble, and results weren’t up to scratch and since then they’ve gotten worse. Of course it’s fair and reasonable to be asking this sort of  question when the owners already saying it’s not good enough and he’s known for having an itchy trigger finger.

Is he known for that?