July 23, 2019, 02:51:11 PM

Author Topic: [News]Should Everton sack Marco Silva?  (Read 2831 times)

January 27, 2019, 11:34:51 PM
Reply #30

Mayor Farnum

Is he known for that?

Probably not. Although I think it could be argued that in the past he's been swayed by public opinion.

January 27, 2019, 11:44:21 PM
Reply #31

BlueWool

Season’s a write off. Why not see if he can turn it around? If not, get rid at a sensible time, like the summer.

January 28, 2019, 12:41:17 AM
Reply #32

Ross

Is he known for that?

He’s on his 4th manager in what 3 years?

I’d definitely say yeah he’s got a reputation for being trigger happy. He’d hardly got his feet under the carpet and he’d sacked his first manager. He sacked his second one a few months after finishing 7th, and he previous one got the bullet after 6 months in charge.   

But obviously you knew all that.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 28, 2019, 12:42:40 AM
Reply #33

markB

no we should wait till we lose 5-1 at home , and a bet not many of them saying keep him would say that will not happen with this great football we are playing

just how bad do you have to play in are midfield to get dropped

January 28, 2019, 12:54:03 AM
Reply #34

Ross

Is he known for that?

Yeah I’d say so. Why wouldn’t you?

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 28, 2019, 01:05:08 AM
Reply #35

BlueForYou

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

January 28, 2019, 02:04:50 AM
Reply #36

toffee_scot

No, the next few months will very likely be painful to watch but let's give him another summer to bring in players that will improve the team whilst also getting rid of as much of the deadwood as possible. Let's just hope and pray that things don't deteriorate further that we find ourselves climbing down towards the relegation zone.

January 28, 2019, 02:39:45 AM
Reply #37

74Blue

The only advantage to be gained by pulling the trigger now would be having the argument with Watford that it wasn't our approach turning his head that made them go to shit, it was that Marco's not really all that good after all.
Barring an absolute catastophic set of results in the next half a dozen games or so, he should remain in charge to the end of the season at least, with his performance evaluated fully then and a plan to move forward either with an ultimatum that he gets the new season off to a flyer or he's out the door, or a new manager in place.

January 28, 2019, 10:35:08 PM
Reply #38

Bob Latcford

I wonder if Marco will survive should we lose at Huddersfield tomorrow.

One thing I do not get with Silva is his lack of passion on the touchline, and he never seems to motivate or shout instructions to the players.

January 28, 2019, 10:43:26 PM
Reply #39

gizzblue

One thing I do not get with Silva is his lack of passion on the touchline, and he never seems to motivate or shout instructions to the players.

Every game I've been to (most home and a couple away) ....he's very vocal and every stop in play he's got a player by him talking offering instructions it would seem .....strange how perceptions differ.
Born not made a blue .

January 28, 2019, 10:43:58 PM
Reply #40

Bluedylan

Course he will.

’Passion on the touch line’ is completely irrelevant to the performance of a team and a load of old nonsense, in my less than humble opinion.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

January 28, 2019, 10:49:06 PM
Reply #41

Alanvideo

Course he will.

’Passion on the touch line’ is completely irrelevant to the performance of a team and a load of old nonsense, in my less than humble opinion.
................yeh well I wouldn't want him to be like Klopp in that way but I don't think he's short of passion .
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 10:50:23 PM by Alanvideo »
We are special ,we are Everton.

January 28, 2019, 11:04:06 PM
Reply #42

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He’s always on the touchline shouting instructions.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 28, 2019, 11:52:39 PM
Reply #43

Mayor Farnum

Martin O'Neill's just been snapped up mate.

January 29, 2019, 01:04:57 AM
Reply #44

Bob Latcford

He’s always on the touchline shouting instructions.

Not the right ones though