June 19, 2019, 08:27:07 AM

Author Topic: Coleman  (Read 6724 times)

February 02, 2019, 10:53:38 PM
Read 6724 times

BlueBeagle

Looks absolutely finished unfortunately IMO.

12 months on now from his return from the leg break and has (understandably tbf) never been the same since but he seems to be getting worse every game as the season goes on.

Not helped in a shit team with no discernable tactics, granted, but he's a shadow of himself.

February 02, 2019, 10:56:18 PM
Reply #1

Gash

Global Moderator
One of many issues we have at the moment.

February 02, 2019, 11:35:17 PM
Reply #2

gizzblue

Honestly looks devoid of ideas and lacking the page he always had .

Gutted .
Born not made a blue .

February 02, 2019, 11:38:26 PM
Reply #3

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
He wasn't good enough for 6 months before the leg break.  The fact it was Kenny and Martina who stood in for him made it seem like him coming back was an improvement, but he's finished.

February 02, 2019, 11:42:23 PM
Reply #4

bigdunc9

I really can't see how anyone can single out Coleman?

February 02, 2019, 11:42:25 PM
Reply #5

Bluedylan

Runs and plays in straight lines. That was fine when he had an athletic edge over contemporaries, because he could just play kick and rush and get ahead of the winger/full back, but now that he's physically declining, and well off the pace of the best modern full backs, he's reverted to being just ordinary and hard working.

Cracking pro, shame he's not what he was, but Brands should be sorting a list of 5-10 top young right backs, for whoever the manager in the summer is.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

February 02, 2019, 11:43:17 PM
Reply #6

Martip

Loved Coleman but it's painful watching him these days.

February 02, 2019, 11:44:14 PM
Reply #7

Macca77

Yep, he's done, at fault for 2 goals today

February 02, 2019, 11:46:18 PM
Reply #8

BlueBeagle

I'm not singling him out as the root cause of the current on-pitch shambles.

Just saying his performances are dreadful based on his previous standards.

February 02, 2019, 11:56:06 PM
Reply #9

Evertonian in NC

Gomes saved us twice clearing the ball at the edge of the box (in addition to scoring).

We got absolutely nothing defensively from our back line today, outside of Zouma.  We were quite fortunate to only let in 3.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 03, 2019, 12:00:58 AM
Reply #10

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Got to say that @brap2 done well calling this before the season started. He took a lot of shit for that too.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

February 03, 2019, 12:20:14 AM
Reply #11

gizzblue

Don't think anyone is blaming Coleman single handedly ....although his own post match presser he said they never turned up ...wether he includes himself in that is anybodies guess ....but it's true ,im afraid he's definitely on the swift decline .
Born not made a blue .

February 03, 2019, 12:24:39 AM
Reply #12

Ravardo

I feel a bit sorry for him he has no one in front of him to pass to especially if walcots playing and we dont play through the middle either so again no one to pass to which leaves him long balling it forest walcot or passing back. Plus the fact he has to compensate for that dozy fucker keane who seems to like huggin the halfway line when his as slow as fuck

February 03, 2019, 01:02:12 AM
Reply #13

Simon Paul

Administrator
You either die a hero or you live long enough to become a villain

February 03, 2019, 01:07:18 AM
Reply #14

BlueBeagle

You either die a hero or you live long enough to become a villain

Tim Howard was the last for it to happen to that I remember.

Should have been dropped months earlier than he was and it all turned sour.