June 19, 2019, 07:51:32 AM

Author Topic: Coleman  (Read 6722 times)

February 03, 2019, 03:55:51 PM
Reply #30

Martip

To be fair We are all going to get it wrong at times as there are so many variables that you cannot account for with players and managers.

I thought brap was knee jerking about Coleman but he clearly saw what the some of us were trying not to see due to our affection for the the lad. No problem at all admitting that in hindsight.

February 03, 2019, 03:57:34 PM
Reply #31

griff90

Right back has to be a priority in the summer along with a striker. We’ve replaced Baines with a quality addition in Digne, and need to replicate that on the right

February 03, 2019, 06:05:06 PM
Reply #32

GrantyBoy78

Yep, he’s done. Was never a technical player but was an incredible athlete. Now his pace and ability to cover the ground have gone, he’s not left with much.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

February 03, 2019, 06:10:57 PM
Reply #33

Juanito

I think we are three strong imposing athletes away from being a good side. One in the middle of the park as a number 6, one up top and Coleman’s position as right back.

February 03, 2019, 07:41:44 PM
Reply #34

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
And Callum McGregor. :)

Don't remember the McGregor shout but kelechi and tavernier are two classics definitely.

I think the thing that annoyed me was that your reaction to what I said about Coleman wasn't that we disagreed it was that to me it felt you were saying I wasn't coming from a sincere place and I just wanted to slag off a good servant to the club after a bad injury and that I was obsessed with a certain vision of recruitment.

I've definitely took exception to that but what exactly am I gaining from throwing it in your face?

Gone on long enough and I will knock it on the head now anyway.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 03, 2019, 08:20:20 PM
Reply #35

Gash

Global Moderator
Don't remember the McGregor shout but kelechi and tavernier are two classics definitely.

I think the thing that annoyed me was that your reaction to what I said about Coleman wasn't that we disagreed it was that to me it felt you were saying I wasn't coming from a sincere place and I just wanted to slag off a good servant to the club after a bad injury and that I was obsessed with a certain vision of recruitment.

I've definitely took exception to that but what exactly am I gaining from throwing it in your face?

Gone on long enough and I will knock it on the head now anyway.

Would be BANG up for a triple swoop on Dembele/Tierney/McGregor

I’d also have McGregor, Roberts, That bird off corrie’s fella and Dembele.

Twice. :)

As for the rest, totally agree it's gone on long enough but then as you say, it's you that's still throwing it back in my face but we'll move on now.

February 03, 2019, 08:34:32 PM
Reply #36

Bluenose 91

Sad to see but he's now comfortably our worst starting player.

Awful at both ends of the pitch.

Just play Kenny till the end of the season as he can at least put a half decent cross in.

February 03, 2019, 08:41:58 PM
Reply #37

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Don't think he's that bad, he still has good moments but I think his levels are a lot more variable than they once were likely due to injuries and age. Consistency is huge at this level, as one or two mistakes can be severely punished as we saw from both of our fullbacks yesterday. He should be used as we are using Baines now, much more sparingly as a backup option.

IF Brands can find another Digne level player for the right, I'll be impressed. It's what we need though.

February 03, 2019, 09:31:14 PM
Reply #38

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Twice. :)

As for the rest, totally agree it's gone on long enough but then as you say, it's you that's still throwing it back in my face but we'll move on now.

Bloody hell why was I so into McGregor? Is that a Scott Sinclair shout as well? Clearly in a bad place back in December 2017.

Yep no worries. Think you and bd have me pegged a certain way and it influences how you read my opinions, but this isn't helping is it really.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 03, 2019, 09:40:38 PM
Reply #39

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
wrong thread

February 04, 2019, 01:45:52 PM
Reply #40

stirlingblue

Would be up for Denzel Dumfries from PSV, absolute unit of a RB.

Reminds me of Micah Richards when he first broke through and looked the business.

February 04, 2019, 01:48:34 PM
Reply #41

Free Agent

Hmmm PSV eh?
Don’t we have someone on our board who knows a few people at PSV?  :evil:

February 04, 2019, 03:56:49 PM
Reply #42

sam of the south

Would be up for Denzel Dumfries from PSV, absolute unit of a RB.

Reminds me of Micah Richards when he first broke through and looked the business.

Denzel Dumfries sounds like a seldom seen local headcase  ;D
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 09:50:14 PM by sam of the south »
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 04, 2019, 04:14:14 PM
Reply #43

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Wan-Bissaka from Palace, with 2 or 3 of our dead-wooders (and problbly some money) going their way.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 07:18:41 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

February 04, 2019, 06:45:36 PM
Reply #44

sam of the south

Wan-Bissaka from West Ham, with 2 or 3 of our dead-wooders (and problbly some money) going their way.

Palace.

Buy yeah, he does look good.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them