February 17, 2019, 02:40:19 PM

Author Topic: How many are good enough?  (Read 3716 times)

February 02, 2019, 11:03:34 PM
Read 3716 times

Shogun

Administrator
How many of our squad would you say are absolutely good enough of a first XI place?

Iíd say Richarlison, Digne and Zouma.

Beyond that, I think everybody else either isnít good enough, or is replaceable.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 02, 2019, 11:06:13 PM
Reply #1

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
How many of our squad would you say are absolutely good enough of a first XI place?

Beyond that, I think everybody else either isnít good enough, or is replaceable.

Even Zouma is too passive a lot of the time for me. Heís a unit but barely wallops anyone, more about pace.

Which isnít a bad point obviously but can see why Chelsea donít keep him around.

Edit:

Good enough for us though yes :)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 11:07:33 PM by GLewis »

February 02, 2019, 11:08:05 PM
Reply #2

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Michael Keane certainly isnít good enough.

Given the run around by a lad that wasnít even playing upfront today.

Heís the first to lose his bottle when we go a goal behind.

February 02, 2019, 11:09:49 PM
Reply #3

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Michael Keane certainly isnít good enough.

Given the run around by a lad that wasnít even playing upfront today.

Heís the first to lose his bottle when we go a goal behind.
Heís such a confidence player.

Jota has been upfront since they put Dendoenker in midfield.

Nightmare combination for us of course.

We havenít got the players to leave Keane exposed.

We basically have to be defensive.

God, Iím rehashing an Allardyce opinion.

February 02, 2019, 11:10:20 PM
Reply #4

duncandisorderly

I'd say Richarlison, Digne and Zouma.

Beyond that, I think everybody else either isn't good enough, or is replaceable.
Agree with your 3, I'd add Bernard and Gomes into that too, maybe Mina because we haven't seen enough of him. Kenny, Davies and Lookman have potential to improve and stay around the squad. Rest are either average at best or just plain shite. Pickford could also be included and is good enough for where we are now, long term remains to be seen.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

February 02, 2019, 11:13:10 PM
Reply #5

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Iíd have Gomes in too.

February 02, 2019, 11:16:08 PM
Reply #6

Lxxx

We have a thread like this every season. Then we change a few, makes no difference, then we change a few more, same results, then we spend more cash, nothing. The issue is equally how many of our managerial appointments have been good enough to get the best out of what we have.

February 02, 2019, 11:24:02 PM
Reply #7

Evertonian in NC

Iíd have Gomes in too.

Over Richarlison, even.  I'd say in order:

1) Pickford
2) Digne
3) Zouma
4) Gomes
5) Richarlison
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 02, 2019, 11:26:09 PM
Reply #8

plumber

So we had a squad good enough to finish 8th under 3 different and equally disastrous managers, added 6 new players and that made it not good enough?

February 02, 2019, 11:31:40 PM
Reply #9

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
So we had a squad good enough to finish 8th under 3 different and equally disastrous managers, added 6 new players and that made it not good enough?

Previous managers to Allardyce had a mixture of Lukaku, Barkley, Stones plus players like Baines and Jags, Seamus still able to play.

Koeman obviously did well enough when he had them.

As said in other thread maybe Allardyce was right and we can only play defensively with these players.

February 02, 2019, 11:33:48 PM
Reply #10

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

I'd say all the players brought in last summer are.  It's the other 27 that are the problem.

February 02, 2019, 11:34:10 PM
Reply #11

Shogun

Administrator
Previous managers to Allardyce had a mixture of Lukaku, Barkley, Stones plus players like Baines and Jags, Seamus still able to play.

As said in other thread maybe Allardyce was right and we can only play defensively with these players.

Although Allardyce would say that with Barcelonaís squad
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 02, 2019, 11:35:31 PM
Reply #12

Martip

Over Richarlison, even.  I'd say in order:

1) Pickford
2) Digne
3) Zouma
4) Gomes
5) Richarlison
Just to clarify are you saying Pickford is our best player ?

February 02, 2019, 11:36:16 PM
Reply #13

Evertonian in NC

One more year, he could have sold Lookman for peanuts and brought in more "diamonds" like Tosun and Walcott to complete his grand attacking vision!
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 02, 2019, 11:38:01 PM
Reply #14

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Although Allardyce would say that with Barcelonaís squad

Yes :)

But unless youíre playing well and keeping the ball well high up the pitch, then can you afford Keane on the half way line?

Without quality front man to play into, can you keep getting people high up the pitch?

If not, that might mean sitting deep ourselves.

This is all black and white obviously and there will be a balance.