February 17, 2019, 01:58:50 PM

Author Topic: How many are good enough?  (Read 3712 times)

February 03, 2019, 03:28:00 AM
Reply #30

Macca77

Refs need to start getting the card out when players go through him though.

Too many times he gets clattered and it goes unoticed.

100% but he doesn't help himself so can understand why a lot of refs turn a blind eye

February 03, 2019, 03:38:32 AM
Reply #31

Lxxx

« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 03:40:38 AM by Lxxx »

February 03, 2019, 04:44:08 AM
Reply #32

TheTone

February 03, 2019, 05:00:00 AM
Reply #33

WeimaranerBlues

on the subject of Richarlison,  has been a touch over theatrical ,  however been legitimately fouled  recently and got nothing,  Neves should have been booked in the first 5 min,  and as soon as Zouma went through there player on the halve way line he gets booked-  and the commentators say the ref's been consistent --my arse

February 03, 2019, 05:53:24 AM
Reply #34

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
It's actually quite tough when you try to think of it, I suppose it depends on what we're trying to achieve.
If we are just trying to finish 7th to 10th then pretty much the whole squad is good enough for that.

If we're trying to break the top 6 then Im not sure any of players would defintiely break in to any of the current top 6 sides.
You could maybe make an argument for Richarlison, Gomes, Sigurdsson and Digne and maybe even Gueye, but even they wouldnt walk straight in to them squads.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 06:48:57 AM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

February 03, 2019, 05:58:56 AM
Reply #35

UnsyisaRhino

It's actually quite tough when you try to think of it, I suppose it depends on what we're trying to achieve.
If we are just trying to finish 7th to 10th then pretty much the whole squad is good enough for that.

If we're trying to break the top 6 then Im not sure any of players would defintiely break in to any of the current top 6 sides.
You could maybe make an argument for Richarlison, Gomes, Sigurdason and Digne and maybe even Gueye, but even they wouldnt walk straight in to them squads.

This is spot on, I think there are a few that are young enough and have the potential that could join that list.

February 03, 2019, 06:43:36 AM
Reply #36

Mayor Farnum

February 03, 2019, 02:17:14 PM
Reply #37

blue1948

It is more than who as individuals are good enough ,we simply are not as a team worth a lot at the moment .That is our problem . I have supported them all on the whole but the last few months we are going down and down .If you consider that we drew away with Wolves with ten men for some of the game and then yesterday they played with us ,it shows which direction we are going .Am I advocating Silva out -no not really but I would like to know what Brands is thinking at this moment .

February 03, 2019, 03:18:45 PM
Reply #38

Paddockoldie

We'd have to take massive hits on players like Sig, Schneiderlin, Tosun, Keane because nobody would pay much for them. I was a big fan of Sig but he's become another Rooney.

February 03, 2019, 03:52:16 PM
Reply #39

griff90

Im surprised at how many of our fans think Zouma is all that. Hes vastly overrated. Pickford another one Not good enough to take us to the next level

February 03, 2019, 03:58:51 PM
Reply #40

KoemansNumberTens

Burnley have 2 keepers better than Pickford for a start. We vastly overrate a lot of players. Pickford most of all

February 03, 2019, 04:31:03 PM
Reply #41

pedrotheblue

Funny that people thought Pickford was the dogs bollox after the world cup, Southgate must vastly over rate him too.

The lads a fucking kid in goalkeeping terms and is still learning his trade, he's saved us from even greater hammerings this season. Yes he's made mistakes but   he's got an absolute shower of shite playing in front of him leaving him exposed over and over again,  don't think this zonal marking lark is doing him any favours either.

Still think he'll turn out to be our best keeper since Nev.

February 03, 2019, 04:36:12 PM
Reply #42

Martip

Funny that people thought Pickford was the dogs bollox after the world cup, Southgate must vastly over rate him too.

The lads a fucking kid in goalkeeping terms and is still learning his trade, he's saved us from even greater hammerings this season. Yes he's made mistakes but   he's got an absolute shower of shite playing in front of him leaving him exposed over and over again,  don't think this zonal marking lark is doing him any favours either.

Still think he'll turn out to be our best keeper since Nev.
Surely Southgates experience with the player is different from ours as he seems able to raise his game his country. There is also the argument Southgate has to work with a very limited pool of players so there are not many alternative options atm.

February 03, 2019, 04:42:53 PM
Reply #43

pedrotheblue

Surely Southgates experience with the player is different from ours as he seems able to raise his game his country. There is also the argument Southgate has to work with a very limited pool of players so there are not many alternative options atm.

Don't think it's a case of him raising his game more a case of having competent defenders and better protection in front of him.

Apparently Burnley have two better English keepers.

February 03, 2019, 04:49:05 PM
Reply #44

Martip

Don't think it's a case of him raising his game more a case of having competent defenders and better protection in front of him.

Apparently Burnley have two better English keepers.
I can only say I've never seen him play anywhere near as well for Everton as some of those performances for England.