July 23, 2019, 01:08:16 AM

Author Topic: Drenthe: I wish Id adapted to Moyes instead of telling him to f*** off  (Read 2794 times)

February 04, 2019, 07:47:50 PM
Read 2794 times

Tony Clifton

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/drenthe-i-wish-id-adapted-moyes-instead-telling-him-f

Shame he didn't...  yes, he'd have likely been the source of some other "trouble" down the line, but he at least offered something we needed on the pitch.

Loved a loan deal Moyes, didn't he?  Big Stracq and little Royston Ricky, heady days.  Would take a bit of that right now.

February 04, 2019, 10:11:50 PM
Reply #1

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos l Everton!

February 04, 2019, 10:23:05 PM
Reply #2

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

February 04, 2019, 10:45:25 PM
Reply #3

BlueBeagle

A Van Der Meyde and Drenthe thread in the space of a week.

Absolute jokers.

February 04, 2019, 10:51:34 PM
Reply #4

Gash

Global Moderator
I hope Brands bucks the trend, we've had some absolute stinkers from Holland.

February 04, 2019, 11:01:22 PM
Reply #5

Tony Clifton

A bit of what?

Those days... wasn't Moyes' best season, but we did eventually finish above the weirdos and got to that FA semi (I know!)

Not saying I want Moyes back either, for the record. ;)

February 04, 2019, 11:09:05 PM
Reply #6

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Think we/ you look back fondly as time has passed. Totally frustrating times, never winning v the top 4, bottling it in big games etc. Not the best times and certainly not something i would want back!

Vamos l Everton!

February 04, 2019, 11:19:14 PM
Reply #7

Evertonian in NC

People look back when they don't feel they have anything to look forward to.  I can appreciate that.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 05, 2019, 12:07:06 AM
Reply #8

kramer0

The reclamation project was one of Moyes' specialties, with Arteta and Pienaar being the golden examples.

Unfortunately, he never quite hit on that second wave of players to replace them. Gibson and Drenthe both had the talent to be big players for us but injuries and off-the-pitch issues killed Gibson's career (even though he got paid for a long time) and Drenthe still believed his own hype a little too much (it's actually kind of sad that he considers that the best period of his career).

I don't miss the struggle of the Moyes era but I do miss the feeling of watching players become the best version of themselves at Everton. It's nice to be able to buy the finished article every once in awhile but player development is the backbone of any good club (outside of the biggest, richest ones).

February 05, 2019, 12:54:29 AM
Reply #9

Shogun

Administrator
I never claimed to be a saint

February 05, 2019, 01:07:23 AM
Reply #10

Cozzie

I think we would have given the shite a better game in the semi final if he had been an option off the bench.

Selling Arteta that season, this guy was the only one who posed any serious danger.

I wish Moyes would have included him in the squad then bollocked him after.

February 05, 2019, 01:56:40 AM
Reply #11

Mayor Farnum

Hate people who are late all the time. Rank bad manners. How difficult is it to be on time to somewhere you have be every day?

February 05, 2019, 02:08:19 AM
Reply #12

plumber

February 05, 2019, 02:10:31 AM
Reply #13

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
What?
Moyes had got City's number.

They werent really winning the league every year back then. But even so we never won at United, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool or Chelsea.

Vamos l Everton!

February 05, 2019, 02:22:09 AM
Reply #14

sam of the south

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them