February 17, 2019, 01:21:27 PM

Author Topic: Drenthe: I wish Id adapted to Moyes instead of telling him to f*** off  (Read 1900 times)

February 05, 2019, 03:53:50 AM
Reply #15

nsno

Think we/ you look back fondly as time has passed. Totally frustrating times, never winning v the top 4, bottling it in big games etc. Not the best times and certainly not something i would want back!
I'd give my left arm to see Everton being as competitive now as we were under moyes. With the money we have now he would have built a quality team. For the record I'd take him back for 2 years
you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows

February 05, 2019, 03:56:03 AM
Reply #16

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I'd give my left arm to see Everton being as competitive now as we were under moyes. With the money we have now he would have built a quality team. For the record I'd take him back for 2 years

Whats he done since he left us?

February 05, 2019, 04:00:46 AM
Reply #17

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

Fucking hell
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos l Everton!

February 05, 2019, 04:02:17 AM
Reply #18

Thornton_19

I hated that Semi final. Playing the worst Liverpool team in years. Go one nil up against them. Then panic and sit back. Distin puts Suarez through on goal and then we sit even deeper. Hated Moyes for that game.

February 05, 2019, 06:08:52 AM
Reply #19

boothill

Think we/ you look back fondly as time has passed. Totally frustrating times, never winning v the top 4, bottling it in big games etc. Not the best times and certainly not something i would want back!

sure i can remember wins against the shite, man utd, arsenal, chelsea, spurs under moyes

February 05, 2019, 06:18:24 AM
Reply #20

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
sure i can remember wins against the shite, man utd, arsenal, chelsea, spurs under moyes

Not away.

Vamos l Everton!

February 05, 2019, 03:55:43 PM
Reply #21

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
That Semi final was horrible

I'll always hate Moyes for his stubborn-ness for not putting him on the bench

Pienaar was cup tied, Cahill past his best, leaving the midfield attacking options as Osman and Magaye Gueye pretty much

Get him on the bench and in the event that we are chasing the game you've got someone lighting fast with a left foot like a traction engine, rather than McFadden, Hibbert, Straq and Big Vic

The disciplinary action really could have waited until Monday I promise you

Obviously he couldn't have been kept around and his behaviour was awful for not turning up to the meetings or whatever but play the cards you are dealt Davie!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

February 05, 2019, 04:02:52 PM
Reply #22

Gash

Global Moderator
Moyes was right not to play him, he disrespected the club and his team mates by not turning up for a meeting right before our biggest game of the season, apparently the umpteenth time he'd been late for meetings and training.

An absolute heed the baw who'd probably have got himself sent off or not been arsed if he did get on. You can't have a player like that and continue to make allowances just because we've a cup semi coming up, if anything that was even more reason to drop him.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 04:11:04 PM by Gash »

February 05, 2019, 05:30:51 PM
Reply #23

nsno

February 05, 2019, 05:34:32 PM
Reply #24

nsno

Whats he done since he left us?
Not a lot, then again neither have Everton. He left Everton in a fantastic position when he left, which massively contributed to Martinez having an amazing run from August to February in his first season

February 05, 2019, 05:51:46 PM
Reply #25

TheTone

We beat spurs away in 2007 I believe, osman was boss that day

They were shit back then

February 05, 2019, 06:41:35 PM
Reply #26

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
We beat spurs away in 2007 I believe, osman was boss that day

Oh shit I take back everything I said ::)

Vamos l Everton!

February 05, 2019, 07:34:28 PM
Reply #27

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
We beat Spurs 3 times in a row, although they only finished 5th, 11th and 8th (in comparison to us being 6th, 5th and 5th in those seasons).

February 05, 2019, 07:35:57 PM
Reply #28

Bluedylan

We love a bit of misplaced, rose-tinted nostalgia, when things aren't going well in the present.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

February 05, 2019, 09:12:14 PM
Reply #29

KoemansNumberTens

Fairs fair moyes did a very good job. Dont want him back but I dont think its rose tinted. He comfortably outperformed our financial power.