February 17, 2019, 02:30:14 PM

Author Topic: The run in...how many points?  (Read 1803 times)

February 10, 2019, 03:47:08 PM
Reply #15

bluenose27

6 Points will keep us up but that is not guaranteed the way we are playing. People saying we will get points in the Derby and at Fulham but we have terrible history in both those fixtures!

We need to get the 6 points change the manager and move on to next season with a fresh start

February 10, 2019, 04:14:53 PM
Reply #16

BlueForYou

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

February 10, 2019, 06:26:53 PM
Reply #17

Gumpinio

I think we will get zero points from these fixtures;
Everton v Liverpool
Everton v Chelsea
Everton v Arsenal
Everton v Manchester United
Tottenham Hotspur v Everton

Think we could pick up points from any of these fixtures;
Cardiff City v Everton
Newcastle United v Everton
West Ham United v Everton
Fulham v Everton
Crystal Palace v Everton
Everton v Burnley

I do not see why anyone thinks we are so bad we might only get 6 points from this lot.

All apart from West Ham are currently reasonably at risk of relegation because they are not very good whereas we, despite being in piss poor form for a while now,are still in the top half.

"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

February 10, 2019, 06:48:41 PM
Reply #18

KoemansNumberTens

Everton v Liverpool
Everton v Chelsea
Everton v Arsenal

Cardiff City v Everton
Fulham v Everton
Crystal Palace v Everton
Everton v Burnley

I do not see why anyone thinks we are so bad we might only get 6 points from this lot.

All apart from West Ham are currently reasonably at risk of relegation because they are not very good whereas we, despite being in piss poor form for a while now,are still in the top half.

Well we have been worse than most of that list for quite some time and they will have more to play for.

Don’t think suggesting we won’t get much more than 6 points is outlandish. We have a load of top teams at home and we are shit away. 2 wins might be about as good as it gets. Might manage a couple of draws too though hopefully

February 10, 2019, 07:33:31 PM
Reply #19

TheTone

February 10, 2019, 08:09:33 PM
Reply #20

Mac934

Surely we can fluke more than one win at home ffs!
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one!

February 10, 2019, 08:28:54 PM
Reply #21

BlueForYou

Our deterioration suggests not!

And four of our six remaining away games are in London

A home win against Burnley plus five away draws - Silva under pressure, alright!

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

February 10, 2019, 08:34:10 PM
Reply #22

boothill

still sticking with 4 points, unless drastic changes are made, either by silva, or the board

Sent from my 9008X using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

February 10, 2019, 10:24:45 PM
Reply #23

KoemansNumberTens

In fairness to Burnley they are going great now. Not sure we’d beat them if we played them next. Gonna be a long depressing road til the end of the season. Gonna be as poor a points total and finishing position as it has been for ages

February 10, 2019, 10:31:17 PM
Reply #24

Shogun

Administrator
Doubt many Chelsea fans think they’re going to win at Goodison.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 11, 2019, 12:23:35 AM
Reply #25

Normm

There have been two repeating factors that have cost us points this season: set plays. We have a terrible record trying to score and trying to defend against them. - I know that's like stating the obvious, but really ... why?

We have taken 9 points from our last 11 matches - and those against Huddersfield, Burnley and Bournemouth. Against Huddersfield, we rode our luck. So, let's not kid ourselves, we are in a relegation battle. However, against Man. City we actually played well (although not the whole team). Against Watford, the match was pretty even. So, we should not go down. But the question is now being asked: Can we stay up? - And after all that Everton has spent, that is really bad.

I see a problem with the zonal marking and that is opposition players run into the zonal gaps - knowing that is where the ball will be played. Everton's defence is too often caught out and give opponents a free run. Now they have two weeks to practise. - And that could be two weeks to save us from following Aston Villa over the cliff!

February 11, 2019, 03:36:54 AM
Reply #26

Robioto

I bet we have a little run and get a couple of results none of us expect. A lot can happen in 3 months.

It always feels like the end of the world when we are as bad as we are now, but it often balances out. I think this long break could do us good, gives the players and managers a chance to work on our issues and hopefully press the reset button when we play Cardiff.

That being said, I think we'll end up on 43-45 points.

February 11, 2019, 12:56:42 PM
Reply #27

blue1948

For the first time in watching Everton I really can't feel anything .I can see anyone being right with the forecast but just sleep walking through the remainder of the season.How must Mr Moshiri feel ? I bet he doesn't speak to Bill anymore ,he has been well and truly rogered by Gordon Clegg .Where we finish this is less of a concern than who will be at the helm next season.

February 11, 2019, 02:20:30 PM
Reply #28

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Takes a hell of a lot of pressure off if we win that Cardiff game but they do seem to have picked up recently

I think we will end up somewhere between 42 and 50 points and finish about 10th or 11th maybe

Will be happy with a derby win, no matter how flukey and the team developing some sort of identity
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

February 11, 2019, 03:28:03 PM
Reply #29

bluenuck

Everton v Liverpool
Everton v Chelsea
Everton v Arsenal

Cardiff City v Everton
Fulham v Everton
Crystal Palace v Everton
Everton v Burnley

Our last 8 games we have 6 points. (2nd worst in the PL)

There’s only 1 home game against teams you think we can get points against. And We can’t win on the road. And we can’t beat a top six side.

So 6-10 points?

We’re that bad, mate.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 03:33:26 PM by bluenuck »