February 17, 2019, 01:47:49 PM

Author Topic: The run in...how many points?  (Read 1794 times)

February 11, 2019, 03:32:55 PM
Reply #30

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Takes a hell of a lot of pressure off if we win that Cardiff game but they do seem to have picked up recently

I think we will end up somewhere between 42 and 50 points and finish about 10th or 11th maybe

Will be happy with a derby win, no matter how flukey and the team developing some sort of identity

The seasons nearly done and we're still hoping for some cohesion and identity. It really beggars belief how bad the last 4-5 years have been, can't keep going like this can it?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 11, 2019, 03:39:28 PM
Reply #31

Macca77

Cardiff City v Everton - 3 points
Everton v Liverpool - 3 points
Newcastle United v Everton - 1 point
Everton v Chelsea - 1 points
West Ham United v Everton - lose
Everton v Arsenal - lose
Fulham v Everton - 3 points
Everton v Manchester United - 1 point
Crystal Palace v Everton - lose
Everton v Burnley - 3 points
Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - lose

15 points

February 11, 2019, 03:46:49 PM
Reply #32

Gary1878

Being completely honest, we have absolutely no form whatsoever, and could turn up and beat Liverpool, but lose to Burnley. You just don't know from one week to the next. However, my stab is below - 10 points (a pessimistic view of the world at present).

Cardiff City v Everton - 1 point
Everton v Liverpool - 1 point
Newcastle United v Everton - Lose
Everton v Chelsea - Lose
West Ham United v Everton - 1 Point
Everton v Arsenal - Lose
Fulham v Everton - 3 points
Everton v Manchester United - Lose
Crystal Palace v Everton - 1 Point
Everton v Burnley - 3 points
Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Lose

February 11, 2019, 04:00:31 PM
Reply #33

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
The seasons nearly done and we're still hoping for some cohesion and identity. It really beggars belief how bad the last 4-5 years have been, can't keep going like this can it?

Is it just me or where we actually looking ok upto and including the derby?

You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

February 11, 2019, 04:02:06 PM
Reply #34

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Cardiff City v Everton - 3
Everton v Liverpool - 0
Newcastle United v Everton - 1
Everton v Chelsea - 1
West Ham United v Everton - 0
Everton v Arsenal - 3
Fulham v Everton - 1
Everton v Manchester United - 0
Crystal Palace v Everton - 0
Everton v Burnley - 3
Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - 0

12 pts

Simply simply lovely

February 11, 2019, 04:18:10 PM
Reply #35

Gary1878

Yes, we looked good. We still do in bits and bobs, but the consistency just isn't there from one game to the next.

February 11, 2019, 04:25:18 PM
Reply #36

KoemansNumberTens

Our season has been an utter disaster. Weíll almost certainly stay up though and if we can help stop Liverpool too Iíd take that for the season. The rest is discussing different shades of vile shite

February 11, 2019, 04:43:56 PM
Reply #37

Cereal Killer

https://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-premier-league/

For all the cranks

We aren't in a relegation battle

If you can honestly complete this and get Cardiff, Huddersfield or Fulham over 33 points whilst given us nothing I salute you

I went massively pessimistic and gave us 5 points til the end of the season, and we finish 14th 9 points above the relegation zone
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 04:45:11 PM by Cereal Killer »

February 11, 2019, 04:49:11 PM
Reply #38

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Erm we were alright I think but results flattered performances a bit.

Most xg tables had us middle of the pack and that's about where we've balanced out to.

We definitely felt more reliable though and there had been one of two good showings. Genuinely feel like I don't know where the points will come from at the moment.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 11, 2019, 05:10:01 PM
Reply #39

Robioto

https://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-premier-league/

For all the cranks

We aren't in a relegation battle

If you can honestly complete this and get Cardiff, Huddersfield or Fulham over 33 points whilst given us nothing I salute you

I went massively pessimistic and gave us 5 points til the end of the season, and we finish 14th 9 points above the relegation zone

Yeah, I put us in as 12 losses and it's still unlikely we'd go down.

Interestingly, I had City and Liverpool to finish on the same points and City to win on goal difference. Liverpool losing the league on goal difference with over 90 points would be a thing of beauty.

February 11, 2019, 05:30:15 PM
Reply #40

Bluedylan

Just never see the point of these threads, because it never plays out the way anyone predicts. Just tends to turn into an echo chamber of negativity that might as well be part of the 'Silva out' thread.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

February 11, 2019, 05:39:05 PM
Reply #41

Gary1878

Erm we were alright I think but results flattered performances a bit.

Most xg tables had us middle of the pack and that's about where we've balanced out to.

We definitely felt more reliable though and there had been one of two good showings. Genuinely feel like I don't know where the points will come from at the moment.

If you think about it, wasn't it actually the other way around at the start? We were 2-0 up against both Wolves and Bournemouth and managed to mess them up. I am sure there were 1 or 2 more performances where we have gone from looking like Man City to Man City under 9s.

February 11, 2019, 06:05:42 PM
Reply #42

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
If you think about it, wasn't it actually the other way around at the start? We were 2-0 up against both Wolves and Bournemouth and managed to mess them up. I am sure there were 1 or 2 more performances where we have gone from looking like Man City to Man City under 9s.

No I think we by and large got what we deserved with the odd freak eg. We were crap against Leicester away but gylfi pulled that out of nowhere after doing fuck all else all day, we blamed refs a lot when we'd been giving up chances on the break left right and centre.

As I say the xg tables had us lower than our points suggested, and that's where we've ended up really.

Goes back to the stuff at the start of the season / the summer. We just don't have a very good side, and it's starting to look like koeman and Walsh put us even further back than originally feared.

Wasted a lot of time and a lot of money, and frankly I don't think a new manager or a new striker would be the cure, I think either way we're going to need more patience and more time to get our selves together and get rid of some of these terrible, fraudulent buys.

Don't mind hiring a new manager as long as they are good, but I just need good decision in general now or before we know it we will waste another year down the bog.

February 11, 2019, 07:25:00 PM
Reply #43

Gary1878

No I think we by and large got what we deserved with the odd freak eg. We were crap against Leicester away but gylfi pulled that out of nowhere after doing fuck all else all day, we blamed refs a lot when we'd been giving up chances on the break left right and centre.

As I say the xg tables had us lower than our points suggested, and that's where we've ended up really.

Goes back to the stuff at the start of the season / the summer. We just don't have a very good side, and it's starting to look like koeman and Walsh put us even further back than originally feared.

Wasted a lot of time and a lot of money, and frankly I don't think a new manager or a new striker would be the cure, I think either way we're going to need more patience and more time to get our selves together and get rid of some of these terrible, fraudulent buys.

Don't mind hiring a new manager as long as they are good, but I just need good decision in general now or before we know it we will waste another year down the bog.

I think this is why it would be a mistake to sack Silva just yet. We have to allow him and Brands to rectify errors of the previous establishment and stamp their authority on the squad.

It is really tough viewing though, especially given how poor we have been in all areas of the pitch.

February 11, 2019, 07:30:53 PM
Reply #44

Dr. Sponge

Cardiff City v Everton - 3
Everton v Liverpool - 0
Newcastle United v Everton - 1
Everton v Chelsea - 0 pts
West Ham United v Everton - 1
Everton v Arsenal - 1
Fulham v Everton - 3
Everton v Manchester United - 0
Crystal Palace v Everton - 1
Everton v Burnley - 3
Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - 0

Iíve got us picking up 13 points. Average to poor arenít we.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk