December 12, 2019, 07:40:09 PM

Author Topic: Dowell  (Read 2728 times)

February 11, 2019, 04:49:44 PM
Read 2728 times

stirlingblue

Nice to see that the community focused attitude of our young players is maintained even when on loan:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/evertons-kieran-dowell-praised-support-15796120

February 11, 2019, 06:40:17 PM
Reply #1

Elgoodo1978

Going to get slated for this but would have liked to see him playing here until the end of the season. 

From what I've seen of him in the championship (this season and last), he can look a league above the others in quality and potential, albeit inconsistently. Very similar to how I felt watching Barkley there a few years back.

February 11, 2019, 06:54:57 PM
Reply #2

kramer0

He has the brain and the technique to be an outstanding player.

February 12, 2019, 01:54:38 AM
Reply #3

stirlingblue

He is very good in both aspects, but Iím not sure if heís good enough to make up for his waifishness.

You almost have to be Ozil level if you donít have pace or strength

February 12, 2019, 02:00:53 AM
Reply #4

kramer0

He is very good in both aspects, but Iím not sure if heís good enough to make up for his waifishness.

You almost have to be Ozil level if you donít have pace or strength

I'm still betting that he'll learn to cope even though he's not particularly strong or quick.

Sounds like he did a good job off the ball for Sheffield United last week. Once he improves that part of his game, he'll be ready for more games here.

February 12, 2019, 04:44:29 AM
Reply #5

GrantyBoy78

Still think he should have played under Gerrard at Rangers.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

February 15, 2019, 09:33:07 PM
Reply #6

blue1948

Unlike a certain Roscoe then.

February 16, 2019, 01:20:28 AM
Reply #7

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Rave reviews after playing left wing back for a game? Wouldn't have seen that coming!
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 16, 2019, 01:26:12 AM
Reply #8

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Unlike a certain Roscoe then.
I doubt he will get anywhere near Barkleys levels but hope am wrong
Simply simply lovely

February 16, 2019, 01:39:02 AM
Reply #9

kramer0

Rave reviews after playing left wing back for a game? Wouldn't have seen that coming!

He's a thinker, for sure. I'm not that surprised to see him adapt to another role, although it is impressive in such a big match in a very competitive league.

Although, to be fair, Wilder seems like a super manager so he was probably well-prepared.

Glad we found him a good loan destination this time around. Really hope he gets a genuine chance in blue sometime in the near future (i.e. not just a couple of pre-season matches and a cup match).

February 16, 2019, 04:36:21 AM
Reply #10

gizzblue

I doubt he will get anywhere near Barkleys levels but hope am wrong

Give the lad some credit .. .I could well see him sitting on a top six bench in the future ...or being soundly anhialated by his new fans at every shit game .

True Ross has set that bar pretty high
 lolol

Dowell has a better brain easily .
Born not made a blue .

February 18, 2019, 01:26:13 AM
Reply #11

Juanito

Didnít think he had the pace for that role.

February 18, 2019, 02:19:28 AM
Reply #12

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Didnít think he had the pace for that role.

No same.

Maybe they had loads of the ball and he was just camped up in the opponent's half?

Good to hear he's playing anyway .
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 18, 2019, 03:01:07 AM
Reply #13

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
No same.

Maybe they had loads of the ball and he was just camped up in the opponent's half?

Good to hear he's playing anyway .

You watched any of Sheffield United this season?

They play the maddest type of football Iíve ever seen.

Heíll be a wing back on the team sheet but wouldíve played a lot of the game in the middle of the park.

They go 3-4-3, the wing backs play inside with the width coming from the two centre halves either side of the three bombing on.

Creates 2v1 situations all over the pitch for them, overloading the opposition.

Someone like Dowell should be filling his boots playing in a system like that.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

February 18, 2019, 03:13:02 AM
Reply #14

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
You watched any of Sheffield United this season?

They play the maddest type of football Iíve ever seen.

Heíll be a wing back on the team sheet but wouldíve played a lot of the game in the middle of the park.

They go 3-4-3, the wing backs play inside with the width coming from the two centre halves either side of the three bombing on.

Creates 2v1 situations all over the pitch for them, overloading the opposition.

Someone like Dowell should be filling his boots playing in a system like that.

haha no not seen them, sounds good though!

Good stuff hope he gets on the ball plenty. Not sure he's suited to the modern game tbh  but would be nice for us to develop a player like that.