October 16, 2019, 04:49:10 AM

Author Topic: [News]Zouma decision out of Everton hands  (Read 3963 times)

February 21, 2019, 01:02:35 AM
Reply #15

GrantyBoy78

Yeah those calculations work except hopefully we couldn't possibly be that stupid to pay so much for some in their last year of contract. £5m is approximately the depreciation of his value per year except the last year it always costs more so would be sensible to pay £15m but probably less because everyone knows Chelsea don't want him. Add that to three years of £5m and you get £25-30m
All plausible but think the amount of interest would drive the price up.

February 21, 2019, 01:03:41 AM
Reply #16

GrantyBoy78

Youíd like to think thereís cheaper out there (both fee and potential wages) so the ballís in Brands court.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

February 21, 2019, 01:33:18 AM
Reply #17

indiantoffee1975

Under the right manager I think Zouma has all the attributes to become a top centre half.

Uncertainty surrounding the managers future to be cleared first.

February 21, 2019, 02:07:44 AM
Reply #18

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Iíve never seen a player valued by loan fees before.

February 21, 2019, 02:11:39 AM
Reply #19

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Iíve never seen a player valued by loan fees before.

Me neither but to be honest if there's any club that would do that Chelsea are it.

Have something like 40 players on loan.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 21, 2019, 04:54:40 AM
Reply #20

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Do like Zouma.

Think heís the best of the three we have at the moment and we should be looking to get him.

He was rated as the best young centre half in Europe when Chelsea bought him and never looked out of his depth when he played for them.

The knee injury and the spell at stoke has seen his stock drop but we could have a potentially great centre half if we sign him.

Still not convinced on Mina but I reckon heís just learning a different way of playing in the premier league. Seems to have a good mentality about himself so I expect him to improve over time.

Keane is too weak for me. Mentally and physically to make it here. Shame because he has great quality on the ball but heís the first to lose his head when things start going wrong.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

February 21, 2019, 01:40:02 PM
Reply #21

Toddacelli

Do like Zouma.

Think heís the best of the three we have at the moment and we should be looking to get him.

He was rated as the best young centre half in Europe when Chelsea bought him and never looked out of his depth when he played for them.

The knee injury and the spell at stoke has seen his stock drop but we could have a potentially great centre half if we sign him.

Still not convinced on Mina but I reckon heís just learning a different way of playing in the premier league. Seems to have a good mentality about himself so I expect him to improve over time.

Keane is too weak for me. Mentally and physically to make it here. Shame because he has great quality on the ball but heís the first to lose his head when things start going wrong.

Agree with every single word of this. Especially about Keane - spot on.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

February 21, 2019, 04:19:54 PM
Reply #22

Evertonian in NC

I think Keane is a fine 3rd CB (yes, we paid too high a fee for a 3rd option, but what's done is done).  But I don't like having to start him every week, his lack of pace leaves us too exposed.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 21, 2019, 04:30:54 PM
Reply #23

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Itís inevitable that Chelsea will have a new manager at the end of this season and I canít see any manager worth his salt letting anyone performing on a regular basis in the PL going out on loan untill heís had a good look at him, Zouma May fit in the new managers plans.

February 21, 2019, 04:53:41 PM
Reply #24

MmmblueBernard

Love big Kurt. So smiley and cheery and the with the handy knack of being in the right place at the right time.... a key attribute for a central defender. Our best CB by a country mile. Like a young Jags but more Skilful.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

February 21, 2019, 05:09:32 PM
Reply #25

Cereal Killer

Itís inevitable that Chelsea will have a new manager at the end of this season and I canít see any manager worth his salt letting anyone performing on a regular basis in the PL going out on loan untill heís had a good look at him, Zouma May fit in the new managers plans.

Maybe the new manager will be wowed by David Luiz's hair like so many before and miss the fact that one of the clubs first choice centre backs is fucking shocking at defending

February 22, 2019, 04:12:24 PM
Reply #26

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Chelsea have just been banned from signing any new players for the next two transfer windows, canít see them selling or loaning out Zouma now.

February 22, 2019, 05:48:12 PM
Reply #27

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Chelsea have just been banned from signing any new players for the next two transfer windows, can’t see them selling or loaning out Zouma now.
They are appealing but if it fails, and given the poor (by their expectations) situation they are in this could be a major setback for them. Will not help them replacing Sarri and they'd be silly to let any half decent player leave until it's sorted.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

February 22, 2019, 06:50:41 PM
Reply #28

Shogun

Administrator
Definitely weakens the chances of it happening.

Worth noting that they'll probably be able to sign players this summer whilst they're in the appealing process.

February 22, 2019, 07:05:56 PM
Reply #29

Ross

I think itíll work in our favour, heís expendable at Chelsea and theyíll need as much revenue as possible this summer to recruit players before the embargo is enforced.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.