March 25, 2019, 07:45:11 AM

Author Topic: [News]Calvert-Lewin wants his football to do the talking  (Read 1709 times)

March 01, 2019, 04:36:51 PM
Read 1709 times

NewsBot

Global Moderator
Calvert-Lewin wants his football to do the talking

Everton forward Dominic Calvert-Lewin says that he wants to show his abilities on the pitch rather than making bold statements in the media.

Source: Calvert-Lewin wants his football to do the talking

March 01, 2019, 04:40:52 PM
Reply #1

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Calvert-Lewin wants his football to do the talking

Everton forward Dominic Calvert-Lewin says that he wants to show his abilities on the pitch rather than making bold statements in the media.

Source: Calvert-Lewin wants his football to do the talking

Thatís the way it should be
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

March 01, 2019, 05:52:25 PM
Reply #2

blue1948

We have to remember ,how many had Sharpy scored at his age ? It is too easy to slag him off when he is passionate about Everton .

March 01, 2019, 06:33:47 PM
Reply #3

Robioto

I really hope Silva persists with him until the end of the season. With nothing to play for, now is the right time to give him a really good, long run in the Premier League.

March 01, 2019, 07:26:14 PM
Reply #4

Paddockoldie

Great attitude and he has all the physical attributes to be a great striker. Just needs  time and opportunity to develop the knowledge of being one.

March 01, 2019, 08:20:49 PM
Reply #5

ally2

And so the cycle continues. One week he's not good enough, next week give him time.

Just give him time. Why not?

March 01, 2019, 08:38:29 PM
Reply #6

Evertonian in NC

I've been consistent saying it is too soon to write DCL off, and that he needs a full run of games.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 01, 2019, 09:36:55 PM
Reply #7

KoemansNumberTens

And so the cycle continues. One week he's not good enough, next week give him time.

Because heís not good enough?

March 01, 2019, 11:12:55 PM
Reply #8

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Maybe the people who think heís not good enough and the people who want to give him time are different posters?

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

March 01, 2019, 11:16:41 PM
Reply #9

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I hate him leading the line for us tbh.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt but he doesnít do it for me.

Ship him on loan next season and hopefully he comes back a much better player.

Interesting note on DCL though is that he only started playing as a striker when he hit 17.

He started as a centre half, then went to full back, moved into centre midfield and eventually ended up as a centre forward.

That will explain why his work in the penalty box still lacks.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

March 01, 2019, 11:57:36 PM
Reply #10

Evertonian in NC

He's the best we have right now, and the only one who might develop.  Needs to play.

I am all in favor of bringing in at least a time-sharing option this summer (or if we can, a full-time option that allows us to loan him out).  But until then, he should play.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 02, 2019, 06:08:49 AM
Reply #11

Cozzie

I feel a bit for him.

He clearly wasn't bought in to go anywhere near the first team but the whole Walsh/Koeman failing to replace Lukaku fiasco meant he was shoe horned in.

Still don't believe he is ready to lead the line for us yet but I do like him and believe he will become a useful player for us in time.

March 02, 2019, 08:23:51 AM
Reply #12

Jamokachi

I'd take a one legged DCL leading the line for us over Tosun.

March 02, 2019, 03:33:16 PM
Reply #13

BlueBeagle

Championship player.

Good athlete and grafter but little 'natural' footballing ability IMO. Pretty much the polar opposite to someone like Deulofeu for example.

March 02, 2019, 03:41:27 PM
Reply #14

Bob Sacamano

Really like him. Looking forward to seeing him develop.