March 27, 2019, 12:42:24 AM

Author Topic: [News]Calvert-Lewin wants his football to do the talking  (Read 1717 times)

March 02, 2019, 05:24:45 PM
Reply #15

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Really like him. Looking forward to seeing him develop.

This is the only sensible answer.

Legit talent, who to be fair to him and us, likely shouldn't be trying to lead the line for fractured and fracticious club with multiple personality syndrome at this point in his career.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 02, 2019, 05:24:58 PM
Reply #16

hannu

scores a goal and everyone changes there mind on him until the next game when he dosent score and he is back to being the villain

March 02, 2019, 05:27:38 PM
Reply #17

Ramjam

If he sticks the winner away tomorrow itll do his confidence the world of good, thats before we even talk about what it might do for the whole club

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

March 02, 2019, 05:32:18 PM
Reply #18

Martip

scores a goal and everyone changes there mind on him until the next game when he dosent score and he is back to being the villain
That would set me up to be happy for the whole week !

March 02, 2019, 07:38:44 PM
Reply #19

Lxxx

He's a squad player at this level who'll get you around 8 goals a season as a sub and filling in for your first choice players in that position. Which is fine. If he's happy with that role then keep him, if not then loan him out and see if he improves whilst buying someone who is currently a better fit for what we need. 

March 03, 2019, 12:36:00 AM
Reply #20

Waltzer

Said many times that I hope I'm wrong, but the worry for me is that generally his football does do the talking, and it talks shit!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 12:48:00 AM by Waltzer »

March 03, 2019, 09:06:11 PM
Reply #21

stirlingblue

For the people slagging him off, who would you have lead the line instead?

March 03, 2019, 09:12:58 PM
Reply #22

Lxxx

I don't think people are slagging him off as such. They're just acknowledging he's not at the standard we need. None of our frontmen are. It's a sad indictment of our recent spending shambles that he's leading the line nearly two years after Lukaku left. 

March 03, 2019, 10:10:59 PM
Reply #23

KoemansNumberTens

Ideally Id like a prime ronaldo (Im open to either of them)
Not really sure what your point is. Thinking all our forwards are shite isnt a defence of any of them

March 04, 2019, 04:24:15 AM
Reply #24

Jacko4468

I think hed be better with someone playing off him, hes not a lone striker and the fact that the service is still poor to him doesnt help him, if he got better service wed see a different player

March 04, 2019, 04:26:14 AM
Reply #25

Lxxx

He had a great game today, until he tired. Showed a few of his team mates up for effort, can be proud of his performance.

March 04, 2019, 04:34:44 AM
Reply #26

Martip

He had a great game today, until he tired. Showed a few of his team mates up for effort, can be proud of his performance.
Agreed best performance from him in yonks without threatening much. Hes better when hes more aggressive.....needs to develop a diego Costa nasty streak.

March 04, 2019, 04:51:53 AM
Reply #27

GoodisonPk

We need a striker. If we go with him starting next season we are cooked.

March 04, 2019, 07:37:31 AM
Reply #28

kramer0

Year two of having nothing to lose by playing him.

Give him all of the remaining starts, let him develop, learn more about how good he is.

Playing Tosun is pointless.

March 04, 2019, 01:07:38 PM
Reply #29

Waltzer

Year two of having nothing to lose by playing him.

Give him all of the remaining starts, let him develop, learn more about how good he is.

Playing Tosun is pointless.

If I had to chose one of them to be bearing down on goal id chose Tosun, so for that reason I dont think its pointless playing him. You've also invested 27 million in him, so probably more reason to give him an opportunity. DCL played well yesterday but he still didnt do much. We need a big upgrade on both of them and I wouldnt be too worries if both left in the summer in order for us to invest again