March 25, 2019, 07:36:00 AM

Author Topic: Eitc.... Great read  (Read 1185 times)

March 02, 2019, 10:15:51 PM
Read 1185 times

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

March 02, 2019, 10:42:34 PM
Reply #1

Alanvideo

Good spot James an excellent article from the New York Times no less.
The Blue Base is open tomorrow after the match btw.
We are special ,we are Everton.

March 03, 2019, 02:04:56 AM
Reply #2

sirblue57

Love stuff like that, shows our club is more than a brand, it is part of the community.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

March 03, 2019, 02:35:07 AM
Reply #3

Mouse

loved that, thanks!

March 03, 2019, 03:23:26 AM
Reply #4

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Summed up nicely by our CEO about what EITC do being more than just corporate social responsibility stuff.  Something to be massively proud of.

March 03, 2019, 07:44:08 PM
Reply #5

Evertonian in NC

Does a good job summarizing why being an Evertonian is a real identity, not just "the football club we support."
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 04, 2019, 04:03:50 PM
Reply #6

Gary1878

We all tend to get bogged down with the players on the pitch, and how we are performing as a football club. But it means so much more than that across the city. Everton is an institution, and does work that the local Government can't do, or that is does do, but in a better way. People trust Everton, and rightly so.

March 04, 2019, 07:47:05 PM
Reply #7

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I posted about it in the Subs Forum, but may as well mention here.

I had a meeting with Everton in the Community last week, and  I will be developing a few projects with them. Firstly, art workshops for the guys who access them due to mental health difficulties.

I will run a few, and also get some of my trusted buddies in to run others like spoken word ones.

Also, will be hoping to work with a select few (perhaps four people) to develop and build a new installation. My installations i create are pretty fucking weird, and ambitious, and i think it would be awesome to work with a small group, give them some freedom to think creatively and without limits, and see what we come up with.

This will then be built, and exhibited in Liverpool (gallery TBC)

Im excited and happy that Everton are giving me some freedom with it too, and trusting myself and the participants :) what a boss club we are.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

March 04, 2019, 09:37:18 PM
Reply #8

BlueForYou

To be applauded
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

March 06, 2019, 02:11:45 PM
Reply #9

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Hey all... i made a quick website last night. Bit more info on my new project I am doing with Everton in the Community.

I know this is a bit of a advertisement for myself but please follow us @talkingblues3 and share the website if you feel like it too :)

https://www.talkingblues.org

Vamos lá Everton!

March 06, 2019, 06:36:45 PM
Reply #10

piggypop

NSNO Subscriber
Hey all... i made a quick website last night. Bit more info on my new project I am doing with Everton in the Community.

I know this is a bit of a advertisement for myself but please follow us @talkingblues3 and share the website if you feel like it too :)

https://www.talkingblues.org
Are you doing a gig in Manchester too? Sure I saw something at the soup kitchen with Broken Grey Wires as the promoter.

March 06, 2019, 09:35:33 PM
Reply #11

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Are you doing a gig in Manchester too? Sure I saw something at the soup kitchen with Broken Grey Wires as the promoter.

Yeah I am, done a few gigs there over the past year. Always a good time!!

Vamos lá Everton!

March 06, 2019, 11:56:39 PM
Reply #12

BlueForYou

More applause
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

March 08, 2019, 04:29:42 PM
Reply #13

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
What a couple of days. Got my arts funding through and also Everton sent me a signed shirt that i will be putting into a crowdfunder, to raise some funds for my project with EiTC... :)

Vamos lá Everton!

March 08, 2019, 07:10:42 PM
Reply #14

Toddacelli

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates