April 19, 2019, 05:17:52 PM

Author Topic: Z Cars  (Read 6769 times)

April 09, 2019, 12:08:58 AM
Reply #135

arteta4spain

April 09, 2019, 03:49:14 AM
Reply #136

American Evertonian

Not bad considering we played the 2nd, 4th, and 5th best teams in those games.

Plus, having 45 shots at goal against 3 of the Top 5 is immense; creating chances was our biggest problem last season under two of the most negative managerís in our history, so this is a huge breath of fresh air and gives me optimism for next season.

I'm just saying that's a poor conversion rate. I'm not unhappy we are getting shots. Just saying we clearly need to improve on finishing. 1:15 isn't good enough
Are we there yet?

April 09, 2019, 05:10:55 AM
Reply #137

sam of the south

I'm just saying that's a poor conversion rate. I'm not unhappy we are getting shots. Just saying we clearly need to improve on finishing. 1:15 isn't good enough

They werenít 45 on target.

They were just 45 shots on goal, including speculative ones.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

April 09, 2019, 05:13:25 AM
Reply #138

American Evertonian

They werenít 45 on target.

They were just 45 shots on goal, including speculative ones.

Shots on goal are shots on target, no? That's at least how I interpreted it. If it is 45 shots total then I would change my stance
Are we there yet?

April 09, 2019, 05:26:30 AM
Reply #139

sam of the south

Shots on goal are shots on target, no? That's at least how I interpreted it. If it is 45 shots total then I would change my stance

No, shots on target are included in total shots, though.

We have had 45 total shots over the course of our last three home games, that have been against 3 of the Top 5. Itís pretty good, especially because one of our main problems during our bad run was a paucity of attempts on goal.

April 09, 2019, 05:34:25 AM
Reply #140

sam of the south

Shots on target can also be very misleading.

For example, you could have four feeble attempts on goal, real 1mph pea-rollers, that end up safely at the keepers feet in the centre of the goal, and they would count as 4 shots on target.

Or you could produce four amazing moves where the outcome is four stinging shots that all rattle the woodwork and go out for a goal-kick. These would not be counted as shots on target.

They would, however, be counted as total shots/shots.

April 09, 2019, 01:48:59 PM
Reply #141

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
S'why xg is popular.

Better indicator of performance than shots on goal or possession share.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.