October 20, 2019, 12:43:40 PM

Author Topic: We need to talk about Theo  (Read 4866 times)

March 04, 2019, 02:29:18 AM
Read 4866 times

Shogun

Administrator
I feel like the one thing that makes Walcott worth having is that over the years he's managed a good number of goals and assists a season despite not being involved that much in general play which is great for a winger.

This season, he's got three goals and two assists in 27 matches.

Needs to be shipped off in the Summer in my opinion.

March 04, 2019, 02:32:31 AM
Reply #1

kramer0

Giving Allardyce money was always a bad idea.

March 04, 2019, 02:35:22 AM
Reply #2

gizzblue

Rumours of China and America .....and I'm fucking hopeful. ...he was awful again today had a few chances (probably more than most) on the pitch for us ....think we need Rich or Lookman for the rest of the season over this waster.
Born not made a blue .

March 04, 2019, 02:35:45 AM
Reply #3

dekko

We donít need to talk about him, lost his pace, not good enough for Premierleague. Should go to the States.

March 04, 2019, 02:37:54 AM
Reply #4

Mayor Farnum

He is so bereft of confidence it's untrue. I don't think I've seen him do anything by instinct all season.
Something clever written by someone else.

March 04, 2019, 02:40:48 AM
Reply #5

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I feel like the one thing that makes Walcott worth having is that over the years he's managed a good number of goals and assists a season despite not being involved that much in general play which is great for a winger.

This season, he's got three goals and two assists in 27 matches.

Needs to be shipped off in the Summer in my opinion.

His runs in behind make a difference re stretching the opposition.

But hasnít scored enough and has messed up a few decent opportunities in big games which are where you want players with his experience to make a difference for us.

Always seemed to have good runs of form but theyíll be more difficult to find in a struggling team as opposed to someone guaranteed top 4 as Arsenal were.

March 04, 2019, 02:49:35 AM
Reply #6

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
Iíd rather we swapped him for a Bolasie

March 04, 2019, 02:53:36 AM
Reply #7

Ross

Iíd rather we didnít have to talk about him.

But Iíd certainly prefer we donít continually pick him regardless of performance.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 04, 2019, 02:59:31 AM
Reply #8

Elgoodo1978

He is so bereft of confidence it's untrue. I don't think I've seen him do anything by instinct all season.

Was about to say the same. 

Also its weird all the pacey, wonder kids hitting the scene at around 17 seem to be past it long before they hit 30. Probably down to the effect of playing the game at that level for so long.  But I'm Sure, Michael Owen said something about him losing his mojo for the game long before he retired, so maybe that's what happening to Theo as well. 

March 04, 2019, 03:07:27 AM
Reply #9

Evertonian in NC

Rumours of China and America .....and I'm fucking hopeful. ...he was awful again today had a few chances (probably more than most) on the pitch for us ....think we need Rich or Lookman for the rest of the season over this waster.

The Chinese would be a godsend (actual money) and he is indeed shit enough for MLS.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 04, 2019, 03:20:44 AM
Reply #10

Craig_1878

His game has obviously always been based on his blistering pace. He has never had to worry too much about other aspects of his game as his pace has always got him out of jail, but he doesn't have that to fall back on now and its showing. Hopefully we can move him on in the summer.
"Sunday Bloody Sunday. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!"- Alan Partridge

March 04, 2019, 03:29:40 AM
Reply #11

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Looked decent when he first signed for us.

Bet Wenger knew he was about to fall off a cliff.

March 04, 2019, 03:33:10 AM
Reply #12

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Was about to say the same. 

Also its weird all the pacey, wonder kids hitting the scene at around 17 seem to be past it long before they hit 30. Probably down to the effect of playing the game at that level for so long.  But I'm Sure, Michael Owen said something about him losing his mojo for the game long before he retired, so maybe that's what happening to Theo as well. 

I think a part of it is that the game has changed over the past 10-15 years.  It's just so rare to have a through ball with a player running clear on to it these days, everything so much more compacted and organised.

March 04, 2019, 03:37:19 AM
Reply #13

pedrotheblue

Zero confidence, very rarely shows for the ball and looks petrified when he get's it. As has been said his desire and appetite seem to have completely gone. Nowhere near good enough for any prem team, hopefully we can offload this summer.

March 04, 2019, 03:41:54 AM
Reply #14

Trowel

You know, a team with Walcott's a little like the mule with the spinning wheel.

No one knows how he got it and danged if he knows how to use it.

Homer: Heh-heh, mule.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news