March 27, 2019, 12:09:09 AM

Author Topic: We need to talk about Theo  (Read 2123 times)

March 04, 2019, 03:44:02 AM
Reply #15

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I for one am shocked
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 04, 2019, 03:48:57 AM
Reply #16

ally2

Low on confidence and out of form. He was always technically limited. However I do wonder if there's something else up with him that we may find out sometime down the line and for that reason, I would like to temper my dissatisfaction with him and hope this doesn't come down to some witch hunt with him as this is often the way.

March 04, 2019, 03:51:41 AM
Reply #17

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He was good for half a season he's not a good fit for us

March 04, 2019, 03:58:33 PM
Reply #18

dunkster

Maybe marco feels a goal will give him the boost of confidence he needs. Unfortunately with his shooting i just cant see it happening.
I think hes not considering the negative effect it may well be having on the likes of lookman, who must wonder how the hell he doesnt even make the squad.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

March 04, 2019, 04:14:19 PM
Reply #19

Gary1878

When he first joined, he had this desire to improve his game, get inside the box, and score goals. He also offered a solid defensive side of the game to help Coleman. That has all seemingly dissapeared.

Goals and assists aside, he doesn't really know what to do with the ball to make a difference. All you need to do to get Walcott out the game is to put him against a speedy fullback. He will 95% of the time run on the outside trying to beat you for pace and minimal shoulder faints. We occasionally see him make some very good off ball runs, but he doesn't do this enough and the killer instinct to finish the chances off has gone.

Defensively, he has also hidden a bit. The energy is still there, but the enthusiasm for the task has dulled, which is hugely needed considering how Seamus has been struggling for form this season.

I liked Richarlison's performance yesterday on the right. Wingers should be able to easily play on either wing, and often being able to swap with the opposite winger during games can be a plus.

A replacement is needed though for Walcott. Whether that comes from within the squad or the transfer market remains to be seen.

March 04, 2019, 04:28:52 PM
Reply #20

Macca77

Truly awful player, offers nothing and constantly hides during games, shame really, I was made up when we signed him

March 04, 2019, 05:28:21 PM
Reply #21

dunkster

He missed a few sitters at the far post earlier in the season that had they gone in  may have made a world of difference. It was his pace and cocky arrogance that made him a half decent player once but both seem to have deserted him.
He just looks clueless and lost.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

March 04, 2019, 05:41:58 PM
Reply #22

TheTone

Wasn't having him from the start, nice business from Wenger selling him to us and his mate to the shite

March 04, 2019, 05:47:41 PM
Reply #23

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He gets in behind more than the others. Must be the only reason, valuable for a counter attacking side to have a player who wants it played into his path so he can get on his toes.

He probably still has a high open play xg (sigh) compared to the rest of our side as he does find space in behind, but his finish looks gone? Arsenal theo would have buried that far corner, textbook finish for him tbh, instead he swings and sends it high and wide.

I'd rather we just taught Lookman to run in behind, or played richarlison there as he was actually a proper handful when he came on like.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 04, 2019, 06:07:15 PM
Reply #24

eyesalwaysblue

Career long underachiever
I still despise Clive Thomas..

March 04, 2019, 06:13:19 PM
Reply #25

Paddockoldie

He lacks heart and guts when it's needed. His first touch is off his shin and for the level we need he can't deliver. Time to move him on I think or at least bench him for Lookman or he'll ask to leave and I couldn't blame him if this continues.

March 04, 2019, 06:25:49 PM
Reply #26

Bluedylan

Never been a natural footballer, and has always been an awful decision maker.

At first he surprised me that maybe he was a bit better than I had realised, but he seems to have regressed to his normal level of frustrating play that Arsenal fans knew so well.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

March 04, 2019, 06:26:08 PM
Reply #27

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
He's not very good is he

Id finish the season with Bernard, richarlison and lookman rotating
Simply simply lovely

March 04, 2019, 06:42:48 PM
Reply #28

Zoolander

NSNO Subscriber
Richarlison really needs to take his place on the right. He's one of our better players (even if he's off form at the minute) but Bernard absolutely has to be first pick on the left, Richarlison is in no way a long term option as a striker either, so really needs to grasp the right attacking spot as his.
As far as Theo's concerned I'd ship him out in the summer, not his fault but he's declined earlier than most would have thought. Relied on his pace too much I think. Better to give Richarlison time to master the right hand side, or give lookman some time. Lookman should be getting some appearances in a more central position though if you ask me but that's another subject

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

March 04, 2019, 07:02:43 PM
Reply #29

bigmanbob

Which begs the question why the fuck has Silva been picking him for the past x amount of games he has been woefully bad