March 25, 2019, 07:12:22 AM

Author Topic: Pickford  (Read 6704 times)

March 11, 2019, 01:47:01 AM
Read 6704 times

Juanito

Watching the game against Newcastle I was surprised how much he engaged with their fans and allowed it to distract him. He was goading them and that flap then embarrassing rugby tackle fitted someone who was not mentally prepared. He seems like a young, cocky Joe Hart on the beak and he is starting to really get to me because he is seems to be disrespectful to Everton Football Club with his attitude. The way he smirks or shrugs off his impulsive errors time after time says he is not learning and too comfortable in the comfort zone.

He should probably take a look at Joe Hart and see where he is at now, 2nd or 3rd Choice at Burnley.  Saying that, would happily bring in Pope in the summer to give him a run for his money.

March 11, 2019, 01:49:25 AM
Reply #1

Simon Paul

Administrator
He allowed being a Sunderland fan to get in the way of being an Everton player.

He's young and he's a goalie, and they're all mental.

Its more that he just will not catch a fucking ball that gets me

March 11, 2019, 02:09:32 AM
Reply #2

Jamokachi

Let the occasion get to him big time.

March 11, 2019, 02:21:44 AM
Reply #3

Martip

At times I was expecting him to start doing big box little box in his penalty area.

March 11, 2019, 02:41:39 AM
Reply #4

Hawkandro

It doesn't help that he has no competition for the shirt. We need to address that in the summer.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

March 11, 2019, 03:35:27 AM
Reply #5

sam of the south

Iíll be honest, Iím always nervous when heís called into action, even though some of his saves are really great, as are his long throws, and kicks from his hand.

The constant punching, tense kicking from the ground, pushing saves back into the danger area, and mad grinning and shouting leave me pretty jittery most games!
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

March 11, 2019, 03:40:25 AM
Reply #6

Mayor Farnum

It doesn't help that he has no competition for the shirt. We need to address that in the summer.

Top class 'keepers self motivate without the need of a threat to their place.

March 11, 2019, 03:49:14 AM
Reply #7

Thornton_19

I in no way think he is a bad goalkeeper, i just think he is a bit of an idiot. Sometimes we see it leak onto the pitch.

March 11, 2019, 04:26:46 AM
Reply #8

Lxxx

I in no way think he is a bad goalkeeper, i just think he is a bit of an idiot. Sometimes we see it leak onto the pitch.

I agree with this.

March 11, 2019, 04:50:37 AM
Reply #9

BlueBeagle

The smirk after twatting it into touch for the umpteenth time in a game grates on me.

Needs a rocket from the management and he needs to grow up because he's made himself look an absolute clown yesterday, not to mention small time.

March 11, 2019, 03:24:35 PM
Reply #10

Waltzer

Hes not bad, but I think he thinks hes a lot better than he is. At this point Id be happy to give Stekelenburg a run, thats how bad he is currently playing and I think he'd benefit from it too so he could get his head out of his ass and realise he is very much part of the problem, which I dont think he currently does!

March 11, 2019, 03:37:16 PM
Reply #11

Gary1878

I do think there is an issue with him getting overexcited. He needs to lead by example in terms of being a calm head to the rest of the team, and is the most important position on the pitch in that respect.

This game was a lot worse for Jordan than the derby, as he made numerous errors throughout (some he got away with, others he didn't). His handling and kicking were awful, and if it wasn't for his shot-stopping ability, which is world-class, it would have been even more of a nightmare than it was.

March 11, 2019, 03:37:50 PM
Reply #12

GrantyBoy78

He just needs a fucking bollocking from the manager and coaches to make sure his headís in the game. Iím sure he knows it himself; the crux will come if he knows itís but isnít willing to/canít change. Some goalkeepers just want to be more involved in games than they should.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

March 11, 2019, 03:55:05 PM
Reply #13

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think he's very likeable. If he played for someone else I'd actively hate him I think.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 11, 2019, 05:08:51 PM
Reply #14

Simon Paul

Administrator
Goalkeepers are lunatics. Always have been, always will be.

Let's not pretend otherwise.

He's let his head go away at Newcastle and he's suffered - as has his team. He will know this as much as anyone and he'll learn.

He's a new dad, he's 25, he's a goalkeeper, he's away at his bitterest rivals, and we were 2-0 up early enough on (and he'd "got away" with the penalty thing)

He needs a bollocking for sure but he's a good keeper and he's Everton.