February 24, 2020, 03:20:55 PM

Author Topic: Pickford  (Read 41953 times)

February 12, 2020, 10:09:08 PM
Reply #1170

Old England Toffee

I like Ian Wright a lot but hes not the smartest.

"...That’s I am still making mistakes and learning. I’m still England’s number one and going to get better’. That’s how you make people say ‘okay..."

For me its nice to hear a player not trot out the robot cliche quotes, confuses the pundits and then they get cross.

“How hard is he working in training in respects of his goalkeeping?

Yeah who knows heh wrighty, hes probably spending 90% of the training practising taking corners and learning dance moves of mina and only 10% on keeping, I imagine thats the kind of tactic that anchelotti has used to get to the top.

February 13, 2020, 12:45:48 AM
Reply #1171

Hesmenos

They should, on Pickford. That was 100% his fault. And it's also his job to position the wall.
Just watched it back and you're right. The whole thing is odd though. We are setting up for the free kick and the Bournemouth player still has the ball in his hands, so what position was Pickford setting up his wall for? He then places it further back than where the foul was made, giving Fraser a much better angle. Surprised the ref didn't make them retake it.
Regarding Delph, he definitely gets a touch to it and the deflection is greater than I remembered it. The ball was possibly heading for the post if he doesn't. Officially the goal is given to Fraser but I saw that on other sites they had it as a Delph own goal. Maybe that's why the Official Prem stats don't have it as an error, as they consider that Delph didn't get a touch.

February 13, 2020, 02:30:01 AM
Reply #1172

formerKHL

The thing is, you're asking questions that are barely relevant. -YOU NEED TO READ MY POSTS CORRECTLY

But let me first just get out of the way I've never advocated simply binning him, or selling him for a loss. The opposite, actually. I've said I hope he turns it around and aren't even planning on updating my opinion for at minimum another full campaign (so not until summer '21).  AND I'VE NEVER ACCUSED YOU OF IT......

MOTD I'm not even going to comment on. This is the same group of people who made up a story about Barça bidding for Richy).EXACTLY...BUT BY THEIR OWN ADMISSION MANY ON HERE WATCH IT THEN FORM THEIR OPINIONS FROM 2 MINUTES OF FOOTAGE...

Only Koeman & Walsh know why we bid & paid what we did for him. Even with his current struggles, it was probably a sound investment and will prove to be so if & when we sell him. Besides, we only paid around 25m, and he's currently valued at about 30m AND THEY WERE AMONGST MANY BIDDERS WILLING TO PAY 25 MILLION WHICH WITH ADD ONS RISES TO 30 MILLION...

Somewhere like 700 pages ago we discussed the whole "England's #1" thing. In sum, it says far more about the state of English keepers than it does anything else. Two-legged man winning a sack race against all 1-legged men. 😂 YOU CAN ONLY USE WHAT YOU HAVE IN FRONT OF YOU.....AND HE'S CURRENTLY RECOGNISED AS THE BEST.....IT'S RATHER LIKE SAYING OUR CENTRE FORWARDS ARE SHIT BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT MESSI...

Finally, "only in a sense that we use similar xGA data but then work the actual and the factors that determine the performance..." That is literally what xGA does. Read that whole big long explanation I posted again. It's not an isolated metric, it's based entirely on actual & factored performance. YOU MISSED THE BIT OFF WHERE  I SAID WE THEN USE THE DATA TO HELP PRODUCE  A DVELOPMENT PLAN.....AS IN WE TAKE IT A STAGE FURTHER.

You guys are killing me 😂  IS IT BECAUSE YOUR NOT READING OUR THREADS CORRECTLY MAYBE ?

February 13, 2020, 02:35:29 AM
Reply #1173

Macca77

He needs to get in the gang with DCL and Davies

February 13, 2020, 02:42:54 AM
Reply #1174

formerKHL

The problem I have with this response is that is completely made up, by you, as some sort of defence of Pickford.  Then used to imply I know better. MADE UP BY ME...OK ...BUT SUGGEST READ WHAT MOST PALYERS/COACHES/MANAGERS SAY ABOUT HIM...AND DONT JUST CHERRY PICK THE ONES THAT SUIT YOUR ARGUMENT

1) Every Professional Goalkeeper rates him? How so? When did you compile this impressive data? I DIDN'T AND ITS OUT THERE FOR ALL TO SEE....
2) The majority of professional coaches? Only majority and not all of them? Again, please tell WHY WOULD ALL OF THEM I'M SURE HE HAS HIS KNOCKERS.....I WOULDN'T EXPECT EVERY COACH TO LIKE HIM....HENCE THE WORD MAJORITY.....
3) England manager and all his team mate rate him? How do you know? A LITTLE BIT MORE INFORMED THN YOURSELF I CAN ASSURE YOU

Stats put him well below other goalkeepers in the league in terms of shots saved, mistakes made etc. Its ok for some of us to question him, ya know.  Its another example of fans strongly identifying with him, therefore cannot tolerate criticism of him, probably because he is seen as 'one of the lads'. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH PEOPLE "QUESTIONING HIM AT ALL" BUT PLEASE JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE'S OPINION MAY NOT AGREE WITH YOURS DOESN'T MAKE THEM WRONG.....NO MATTER WHAT x friggin GA says....

February 13, 2020, 01:23:09 PM
Reply #1175

Juanito

When I said why only the majority of coaches rate him, I was being sarcastic because you plucked this argument from thin air.  Regardless of what some players/coaches/managers do say about him, it doesn't mean he cant be questioned on his calmness, composure, consistency, maturity, impulse control, behaviour off the field, etc etc.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 01:32:37 PM by Juanito »

February 13, 2020, 08:41:44 PM
Reply #1176

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber

When I said why only the majority of coaches rate him, I was being sarcastic because you plucked this argument from thin air.  Regardless of what some players/coaches/managers do say about him, it doesn't mean he cant be questioned on his calmness, composure, consistency, maturity, impulse control, behaviour off the field, etc etc.

The majority of the coaches in the Everton FC system, at least.
Annoying some, pleasing others. Just being me, the GIF master.

February 14, 2020, 08:06:12 AM
Reply #1177

hannu

He (Delph) hasn't, actually, if you trust the EPL's own stats. Pickford has made 2, Delph 1. They don't explain how they're calculated.

slicesd the ball in to his own net against Bournemouth
https://www.sportbible.com/football/news-fabian-delph-shouts-everyone-is-fking-sht-scores-own-goal-20190915

gave the ball away and watford scored

thats 2 off the top of my head

am sure there are more because his passing is so sloppy

February 16, 2020, 06:08:09 PM
Reply #1179

van der Meyde

Off your heads if you think we’d get anywhere near £20m for him.

14 hours ago
Reply #1180

Heisenberg

Every decent shot to the side of pickford is a goal. He shrinks and looks tiny when someone puts it near a post

14 hours ago
Reply #1181

Heisenberg

Double post

13 hours ago
Reply #1182

cantoffee

Can't really think he was to blame for the goals today.

First one is poor from the CBs.

Second is tough to stop with Auba being so fast and deadly.

Third is Sidibe giving Auba too much room.

Sent from my SM-G970W using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

13 hours ago
Reply #1183

Heisenberg

More of a statement about the majority of his season. He isn’t a good shot stopper except the really close ones to goal when he makes his body big

13 hours ago
Reply #1184

Lxxx

Fair points. But if you’re beaten three times and you still could have given another away by being stupid then it’s not a great base level.