March 27, 2019, 12:52:21 AM

Author Topic: Pickford  (Read 6731 times)

March 11, 2019, 06:54:53 PM
Reply #30

BlueBeagle

did you not see the Pepe Reina one in the Goodison derby about 10 years ago?

The ball wasn't going to just go straight out of play when Reina did it

March 11, 2019, 07:04:15 PM
Reply #31

Juanito

Not having this excuse hes a young keeper hes 25 now with 3 seasons in the top flight behind him and over 200 professional games of experience to call on, were not talking about some 21 year old kid whos just forced his way into the team here.

His judgment should be better than we saw Saturday (which was shambolic from the kick off) or during many many other times this season. His problem is he lacks focus because he clearly doesnt lack ability or confidence, all the very best keepers have a composure about them but sadly it looks like hes got none at all.

Seems like an accurate description to me. I think he could have composure but chooses to be a bit of a cocky maverick instead.

March 11, 2019, 07:11:50 PM
Reply #32

duncandisorderly

Not sure about him at all. He's got the tools to be brilliant, agile, good shot stopper but he's an absolute fruitcake. Decision making is poor to say the least, refuses to catch a ball in the box and his kicking, which he was famed for, has been shite (bar the odd ball like to Bernard in the Derby). We definitely need a better back up that you would be happy to throw in when Pickford needs a spell out to give his head a wobble. His career could go either way still and he needs to learn from his mistakes quickly.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

March 11, 2019, 07:16:12 PM
Reply #33

Ross

Seems like an accurate description to me. I think he could have composure but chooses to be a bit of a cocky maverick instead.

Not sure its something you can choose to have to be honest its more of a personality trait.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 11, 2019, 07:18:24 PM
Reply #34

kramer0

He doesn't seem to be picking up any good habits.

Maybe we need to consider a different goalkeeping coach for him.

March 11, 2019, 07:20:38 PM
Reply #35

Lxxx

He doesn't seem to be picking up any good habits.

Spot on. He's either not listening, which is an issue, or he's not getting told the right things from the right calibre of coach to take advice from.

March 11, 2019, 07:39:15 PM
Reply #36

BlueForYou

Southall has offered but club not interested
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

March 11, 2019, 07:42:04 PM
Reply #37

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Southall has offered but club not interested

How do we know this ?

March 11, 2019, 07:54:12 PM
Reply #38

Bob Sacamano

Hes only made 2 more mistakes that have led to a goal than Alisson and de Gea?

Those two are in the Oblak and ter Stegen league at the moment, so Pickford is on the right track imo.

March 11, 2019, 08:10:38 PM
Reply #39

BlueForYou

Big Nev writes a column in i newspaper and stated that he has offered his services to the club. In his own words: "As usual, Everton not interested"
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

March 11, 2019, 08:12:57 PM
Reply #40

Evertonian in NC

If you will pardon the "other sport" reference, this is like evaluating baseball infield defense.

There are plenty of shortstops who are elite defensively (due to range) who still make a fair amount of errors.

As opposed to a poor defender (classic example is Jeter) who doesn't make many errors, but doesn't get to nearly as many balls because has the range of a tree stump.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 11, 2019, 08:17:46 PM
Reply #41

YellowHold

I would say the opposite is more likely the issue

We've changed goalkeeping coach with every manager change in his 18 months here

Including another with England having 4 different coaches with 4 different ideas of what he should be doing over a very short period is not likely to be helpful

March 11, 2019, 08:18:59 PM
Reply #42

BlueBeagle

Those two are in the Oblak and ter Stegen league at the moment, so Pickford is on the right track imo.

Meanwhile in the real world, anyone with eyeballs knows this does not reflect reality.

March 11, 2019, 08:21:36 PM
Reply #43

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Not 100% sure on that stat tbh.

What I read was that he's made more than any player leading to shots or goals. Not keeper, but any player of any position.

Errors or not though he's just a mad head who doesn't command his box as well as a much cheaper keeper could.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 11, 2019, 08:22:45 PM
Reply #44

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Probably because hes sixty and weighs a thousand stone
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown