March 23, 2019, 02:27:25 AM

Author Topic: Pickford  (Read 6602 times)

March 12, 2019, 01:52:30 AM
Reply #60

eyesalwaysblue

We never give out cozy staff appointments to X players who haven't proved their worth elsewhere do we.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

March 12, 2019, 01:57:24 AM
Reply #61

TheTone

Immature isn't he, 25 eh? State of most of us at 25, imagine playing the shite at that age, I'm getting sent off anyway

He'll be fine

March 12, 2019, 02:17:42 AM
Reply #62

Simon Paul

Administrator
We never give out cozy staff appointments to X players who haven't proved their worth elsewhere do we.
Absolutely Duncan not

March 12, 2019, 02:22:28 AM
Reply #63

sirblue57

Ten years ago I had to buy him a ticket to the match as the club wouldn't give him one for free. There was no way on earth I was letting him buy his own.
If this is true, the club should be ashamed.
One of the greatest players ever, should not be treated like that. No matter what.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

March 12, 2019, 02:26:16 AM
Reply #64

Stumpy

I don't think he's very likeable. If he played for someone else I'd actively hate him I think.
I said the exact same thing to my mate yesterday.There are a number of  players from other teams that really wind me up on ocations,and if he didn't play for us he would be added to the list.I don't care what he gets up to or who he winds up if he's 100% on top of his game,but he aint,so I just wish he would keep his head down and do his job.

March 12, 2019, 02:27:17 AM
Reply #65

formerKHL

We’ve got the England keeper as our number one and some people are still not happy...

Allegedly he’s made 3 more mistakes than far experienced “better” international goal keepers

So how do we resolve it.....drop him for a far less expensive keeper...who must be better coz he never cost as much !!!!

FFS......No wonder they call us bitter blues....

March 12, 2019, 02:35:43 AM
Reply #66

sam of the south

We’ve got the England keeper as our number one and some people are still not happy...

Allegedly he’s made 3 more mistakes than far experienced “better” international goal keepers

So how do we resolve it.....drop him for a far less expensive keeper...who must be better coz he never cost as much !!!!

I’m not sure where any of that suggests bitterness
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

March 12, 2019, 02:40:31 AM
Reply #67

formerKHL

Sorry mate....it’s more the general bemoaning of the player....by quite frankly people whom I dare to suggest may not have played football particularly goalkeeper at any decent level in their lives...but can tell everyone on here how players think, should think, what they should do, what they shouldn’t do...and how they should/shouldn’t do it...

Jeez went on one there......

Deep breaths.....
Sorry

March 12, 2019, 02:41:15 AM
Reply #68

D15TIN

He doesn't seem to be picking up any good habits.

Maybe we need to consider a different goalkeeping coach for him.
Our current one has coached Ederson and De Gea hasn't he?

March 12, 2019, 02:50:46 AM
Reply #69

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Oh lord no I wouldn't drop him, no chance. He could definitely be one of the best in Europe, but we need to rebuild the side and its a bit like having a nice motorbike chained up outside your house which is currently made out of empty shoeboxes.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 12, 2019, 02:54:59 AM
Reply #70

kramer0

Our current one has coached Ederson and De Gea hasn't he?

Worked for Benfica so maybe Ederson and Oblak.

Whoever he's coached in the past, he doesn't seem to be up to much with Pickford.

March 12, 2019, 02:55:46 AM
Reply #71

Jamokachi

Oh lord no I wouldn't drop him, no chance. He could definitely be one of the best in Europe, but we need to rebuild the side and its a bit like having a nice motorbike chained up outside your house which is currently made out of empty shoeboxes.

You make this point about selling to "re-build" a lot. At which point do you stop the revolving door of players and work with what you've got, slightly adding and tweaking where needed. Surely part of the problem we see is that this team has additions from 5 different managers. Continuity and consistency is far more valuable in my book, and that comes from investing time in your players (making them your players).

March 12, 2019, 02:58:38 AM
Reply #72

KoemansNumberTens

Won’t be England’s number 1 for much longer. Can we complain then?

March 12, 2019, 02:59:48 AM
Reply #73

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
You make this point about selling to "re-build" a lot. At which point do you stop the revolving door of players and work with what you've got, slightly adding and tweaking where needed. Surely part of the problem we see is that this team has additions from 5 different managers. Continuity and consistency is far more valuable in my book, and that comes from investing time in your players (making them your players).

When you`re not boiled shite?

Listen if we kept him and he was part of the team we build great because he's got tons of potential.

Just thinking about the fact moshiri's millions won't last forever and have potentially already got to the point where we're not going to be getting a cheque in the summer and we have to make some to spend some...he's still a marketable asset that we could potentially make profit on.

The likes of tosun, Walcott, bolasie, maybe even Micheal Keane, it's really more of a get rid of the wages type situation.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 12, 2019, 03:08:02 AM
Reply #74

Jamokachi

When you`re not boiled shite?

Listen if we kept him and he was part of the team we build great because he's got tons of potential.

Just thinking about the fact moshiri's millions won't last forever and have potentially already got to the point where we're not going to be getting a cheque in the summer and we have to make some to spend some...he's still a marketable asset that we could potentially make profit on.

The likes of tosun, Walcott, bolasie, maybe even Micheal Keane, it's really more of a get rid of the wages type situation.

I agree with three of the last four (age and development potential being massive factors), and wages are the biggest consideration. We've seen a change in tactics since Brands came in, we do seem to be trying to be shrewder with our cash. I don't think we need to be positioning ourselves in this buy to sell model, again. Yes, every player has a price but to actively seek to sell is ridiculous. The younger player in the squad all have the potential to develop into very, very good players. Pickford is included in that. As I say, continuity and consistency is what this whole club is crying out for after the last 6/7 years.